2022 CB Matthew McDoom

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-McDoom-46082155/

5'9/10 165lbs 4-star CB out of Winter Garden, goes to 8A school West Orange.

Dual sport athlete that plays Football & runs track. Was clocked at a 10.7 in the 100m back in February & a 21.8 in the 200m.

Is a smaller Corner with good track speed & runs hard with great burst & acceleration in the open field. Has explosive feet & break away speed at WR & has great shiftiness as a return man. At CB has smooth fluid hips, plays with very good instincts & displays knowledgable zone spacing. @1:25 he showed very good coverage, he gave the WR a free release off the line but immediately opened his hips & engaged while reading the QB's eyes & showing good route recognition allowing the WR to cross his chest on inside leverage while playing through the route in phase using his hands & upper body to feel the WR as a contact guide to make a break on the route & made spectacular one handed INT. Then @1:35 showed very good eye discipline not biting on the double move, showed good Bail technique walling off the WR & using the sideline as an extra defender, then made another very good Jump break on the ball to get the INT.

Overall he's a naturally fast twitchy Corner & versatile athlete, they play him at Nickel, Boundary & Field at DB, & WR, KR & PR on offense, he's a natural playmaker with the ball in his hands. Has very good footwork & natural speed, even though he's a smaller sized CB has the skill set to be a P5 starter at Nickel Corner on the next level. Needs to work on his tackling & improve his physicality though.

Reminds me of Charles James out of Jacksonville.

His older brother Eddie was a 4-star WR who signed with Michigan but wound up transferring to USF in 2018.

Comes from that West Orange school that has produced some good talent over the last few years:

- 2020 3-star WR Jaylon Carlies (signed with Mizzou)
- 2020 3-star Safety Tyler Jones (signed with Mizzou)
- 2019 3-star WR Darrell Harding (signed with Duke)
- 2019 3-star LB Nasir Carter (signed with FIU)
- 2018 3-star DE Franklin Jackson (signed with FAU)
- 2017 3-star QB Austin Burton (signed with UCLA)
- 2016 3-star QB Woody Barrett (signed with Auburn; by Lashlee)
- 2016 4-star WR Eddie McDoom (signed with Michigan)
- 2016 3-star OT Stone Forsythe (signed with UF)
- 2016 3-star LB Nolan DeFranco (signed with UNC)
- 2015 4-star RB Dexter Williams (signed with ND, was committed to Miami)
- 2015 3-star CB Jalen Julius (signed with Ole Miss
- 2015 3-star DE Brandon Wilson (signed with Indiana)

Holds offers from Penn St, Maryland, UCF & Cincinnati.

Advertisement
Long arms and a supreme athlete. Very coachable kid and a team first type of player. As right now I see the nickle back projection but I think he will end up on the outside by the time he gets to the next level.

Advertisement

https://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-McDoom-46082155/

5'9/10 165lbs 4-star CB out of Winter Garden, goes to 8A school West Orange.

Dual sport athlete that plays Football & runs track. Was clocked at a 10.7 in the 100m back in February & a 21.8 in the 200m.

Is a smaller Corner with good track speed & runs hard with great burst & acceleration in the open field. Has explosive feet & break away speed at WR & has great shiftiness as a return man. At CB has smooth fluid hips, plays with very good instincts & displays knowledgable zone spacing. @1:25 he showed very good coverage, he gave the WR a free release off the line but immediately opened his hips & engaged while reading the QB's eyes & showing good route recognition allowing the WR to cross his chest on inside leverage while playing through the route in phase using his hands & upper body to feel the WR as a contact guide to make a break on the route & made spectacular one handed INT. Then @1:35 showed very good eye discipline not biting on the double move, showed good Bail technique walling off the WR & using the sideline as an extra defender, then made another very good Jump break on the ball to get the INT.

Overall he's a naturally fast twitchy Corner & versatile athlete, they play him at Nickel, Boundary & Field at DB, & WR, KR & PR on offense, he's a natural playmaker with the ball in his hands. Has very good footwork & natural speed, even though he's a smaller sized CB has the skill set to be a P5 starter at Nickel Corner on the next level. Needs to work on his tackling & improve his physicality though.

Reminds me of Charles James out of Jacksonville.

His older brother Eddie was a 4-star WR who signed with Michigan but wound up transferring to USF in 2018.

Comes from that West Orange school that has produced some good talent over the last few years:

- 2020 3-star WR Jaylon Carlies (signed with Mizzou)
- 2020 3-star Safety Tyler Jones (signed with Mizzou)
- 2019 3-star WR Darrell Harding (signed with Duke)
- 2019 3-star LB Nasir Carter (signed with FIU)
- 2018 3-star DE Franklin Jackson (signed with FAU)
- 2017 3-star QB Austin Burton (signed with UCLA)
- 2016 3-star QB Woody Barrett (signed with Auburn; by Lashlee)
- 2016 4-star WR Eddie McDoom (signed with Michigan)
- 2016 3-star OT Stone Forsythe (signed with UF)
- 2016 3-star LB Nolan DeFranco (signed with UNC)
- 2015 4-star RB Dexter Williams (signed with ND, was committed to Miami)
- 2015 3-star CB Jalen Julius (signed with Ole Miss
- 2015 3-star DE Brandon Wilson (signed with Indiana)

Holds offers from Penn St, Maryland, UCF & Cincinnati.

I remember his brother bc of the name. I’m surprised there aren’t more gaytors in the list of kids from that school given the location.

I remember his brother bc of the name. I’m surprised there aren’t more gaytors in the list of kids from that school given the location.

The gaytors don't recruit that school hard for what ever reason. Also the people that live in the area are gaytor fans but the actually family of the kids that play for school are not. If Miami can see the potential and start recruiting now. They would really be in a good spot.

Advertisement
Long arms and a supreme athlete. Very coachable kid and a team first type of player. As right now I see the nickle back projection but I think he will end up on the outside by the time he gets to the next level.
He's basically a shorter Marcus Clarke.

Advertisement
Otown!!! funny I remember the brother and know must of the talented kids here in Orlando at that age but I don’t know him! I’m sure he played with my lil cousin who started high school at west orange their frosh year!
We producing some talent up here man. West orange is one of

Advertisement
When he plants his foot to turn up field (0.10) on the first highlight, you really see the next level acceleration.

Advertisement
Back