2022 CB Julian Humphrey

Advertisement
People won't want to hear this here, but we don't stand a chance with kids like this. When I say like this, he's a legit track and field contender for making an Olympic squad down the road.

Our track and field team doesn't have that kind of juice, to be a factor when we're on a dual sport athlete like him. UF is pumping out some talent, having won 2 titles in the last 8 years with 4 runner up seasons as well.

Would love to have a talent like this, but it's a pipe dream.

People won't want to hear this here, but we don't stand a chance with kids like this. When I say like this, he's a legit track and field contender for making an Olympic squad down the road.

Our track and field team doesn't have that kind of juice, to be a factor when we're on a dual sport athlete like him. UF is pumping out some talent, having won 2 titles in the last 8 years with 4 runner up seasons as well.

Would love to have a talent like this, but it's a pipe dream.

What happened to our track team?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What happened to our track team?

It's pretty much in the same state it always was. You get the occasional athlete who does some things (Lauryn Williams, Murielle Ahoure, etc), but it's never been anywhere near a top program. The women's team has had more success than the men though.

I know we used to have players run track, but that's not typically a good recipe for success. Sure, some of our players can run, but you need a round the clock commitment to excel in track unless you're just the ultimate freak athlete. Eventually you've gotta choose and football speed isn't typically top of the charts track speed.

So essentially we were putting a band aid on a gaping wound by doing that. We also don't have many scholarships, let alone full scholarships, so that doesn't help. At least that's last I knew.

I ask this genuinely, so please help.

Can you show me another player's film who runs in the 10.2s? Or tell me a few that have run that fast. Bc that is one of the fastest runs I've seen from a football player.

If I'm being honest, I expected A LOT more juice on tape. Obviously the kid is a take, but I was curious to see what that type of speed looks like on someone else's film.
Trob discussed with me and decided not to pursue very hard. He agreed, this kid dont show the type of juice his track time indicates.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Houston is an area we need to SET UP SHOP in, our staff has all these Texas connections but literally refuse to use them wtf

Was thinking about this exact point when reading this. If we are taking 18ish kids this cycle and Florida is a little strange this cycle go into Houston and other cities and make it happen. Especially when you just hired a coach who was known as an ace recruiter from A & M

Advertisement
Back