2022 CB Jonquis "JQ" Hardaway

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6'2 170lbs 3-star CB out of Columbus Georgia, goes to 4A school Hardaway.

Dual sport athlete that plays Football & Basketball, had a very good sophomore season with 46tcks 11PBU's & 3INT's.

A big long armed corner with an exceptional physical frame & well developed upper body & natural ability. Plays with very good physicality in Press man, @:56 on his tape he does a great job winning inside leverage forcing the WR to the outside shoulder & playing him to the sideline, shows very good hip turn & eye discipline reading the WR & getting his head around to make the PBU. @2:22 does a good job with his jam technique & winning initial leverage battle, always taking away the inside shoulder & forcing the WR to the outside, as a boundary corner that's literally the job & he does it well, also shows good flexibility. Overall he's a tall legit 6'2 long armed corner with some twitchiness to his game, has good physicality while in phase & uses his crazy wingspan to reroute & keep his man in front of him. He's a rangy boundary corner with (eye test) mid 4.5's-4.6 speed. Is a solid tackler can shed blocks & wrap up in the open field. Has good versatility, plays WR, Nickel Corner, FS & is the primary Punt Returner.

Is a high 3-star with a 88 rating, but definitely has good upside to a be a 4-star in the future.
Is a kid who has impressed on the 7v7 circuit as well. Plays for Hustle 7v7 in Georgia.

Reminds me of Andrew Booth.

Plays at Hardaway the same school as a former Ark St Safety Kelcie McCray & former Louisville 1st round pick LB Marcus Smith II.

Holds offers from Tenn, UF, Oregon, USC, Va Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Mich St, Pitt, Nebraska, GTech & FIU.

Advertisement
How are his eyes? He’s seems a little aggressive does he trust his keys in zone to you? (I was a safety bro it was simple for me)

How are his eyes? He’s seems a little aggressive does he trust his keys in zone to you? (I was a safety bro it was simple for me)
He has good eye discipline reading the WR's shoulders & hips understanding when to get his head around to make a play on the ball (I outlined that in the OP), he doesn't bite down on double moves & has solid quick step technique making breaks on the ball.

He plays just fine in Zone, I don't really care about Zone with corners, I want to see Press man ability in HS, because way too many HS coaches play their corners in too much off coverage bail technique playing with 8-10 yard cushions, IMO it's lazy coaching & sets kids behind the 8ball for college level CB play because they have to learn from scratch how to properly line up & come out of their stance without opening up too much & how to properly jam without getting their hips locked, how to not have too many wasted steps in their backpedal & learning proper T-step & other break techniques all at the college level.

I like his agression for his size when you're a big 6'2 kid with crazy long wingspan you better be physical & aggressive at Corner, otherwise you're under utilizing your tools.

I played & coached CB, I always preached physicality, feet, hips & eye discipline are your keys to success at CB, that's your foundation upon which everything else is built.

He has good eye discipline reading the WR's shoulders & hips understanding when to get his head around to make a play on the ball (I outlined that in the OP), he doesn't bite down on double moves & has solid quick step technique making breaks on the ball.

He plays just fine in Zone, I don't really care about Zone with corners, I want to see Press man ability in HS, because way too many HS coaches play their corners in too much off coverage bail technique playing with 8-10 yard cushions, IMO it's lazy coaching & sets kids behind the 8ball for college level CB play because they have to learn from scratch how to properly line up & come out of their stance without opening up too much & how to properly jam without getting their hips locked, how to not have too many wasted steps in their backpedal & learning proper T-step & other break techniques all at the college level.

I like his agression for his size when you're a big 6'2 kid with crazy long wingspan you better be physical & aggressive at Corner, otherwise you're under utilizing your tools.

I played & coached CB, I always preached physicality, feet, hips & eye discipline are your keys to success at CB, that's your foundation upon which everything else is built.
My bad bro I sped through it. I like him though. I value man to man skills as well in high school

Advertisement
@Liberty City El

Do you have a list of 2022 CBs you like the most? If so is there interest on their part? Thanks.
1. Denver Harris out of Houston, he's an ELITE CB, kid has Jeffrey Okudah type upside, my absolute favorite corner in the 22 class. We offered him back in December of last year, we made his top 8 that he released in February, but I don't think there's much of a shot. He is former teammates & good friends with Corey Flagg, that could maybe help, but realistically it will be an uphill battle, Texas, LSU, Oh St & Bama will be tough to fight off in that recruitment.

2. Jaheim Singletary out of Jacksonville; the #1 ranked CB in FL, high level Ballhawk, crazy long arms & great upside, is better than Fred Davis was coming out of Trinity Christian, he's got good long speed & terrific footwork. We offered him last year as well, but not much interest if any at all. Already released his top 10 back in July, UF, UGA, Clemson, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU, Tennessee, USC & AZ St. The SEC powers hold the early lead.

3. Austin Jordan out of the Dallas area goes to Ryan Denton, Elite press man corner, best jam technique of any CB in the 22 class, terrific footwork with very good 10.9 100m track speed. The most college ready Corner outside of Denver Harris in the 22 class. Another Texas, Oklahoma, OH St lean, we haven't offered but Idk why we wouldn't. (If you search his name in the search bar you'll find the thread I already made on him.)

4. Daylen Everette out of Virginia, recently transferred to IMG, another high level Ballhawk that had 11INT's his sophomore year. Big time playmaker & instinctual high football IQ pick artist that has a great T-step & understands how to bait QB's. We offered him back in January, but Idk if there's been any contact & Idk if he'd even be interested. (I posted on him as well, just search)

5. Julian Humphrey out of Houston, probably my favorite outside of Denver Harris, his upside is crazy, needs to get a lil stronger in the weight room, but comes from good athletic stock, has very good track speed & can play real well in Press man. Has good ball skills as well. We haven't offered but we should. (I posted on him too).

6. Laterrance Welch out of Lousiana, probably the most physically gifted CB other than Denver Harris (there's a theme here lol), big physical corner with very good hip turn & press man ability. Not a speed demon per se, but fast enough & makes up for it with sound technique. Really good precise footwork. Is a classic LSU Corner that surprisingly enough doesn't have a LSU offer yet. We offered him a few months ago, he's a highly productive kid with great ball skills & high upside. As far as our chances, I mean, he's a 4-star from Lousiana, so you do the math lol. (I posted on him too).

7. Trevell Mullen, Trayvon & Tiawan's lil brother, I posted his offer already, big fan of his game & his upside especially considering the stock he comes from, he's not the physical specimen that Trayvon was & doesn't have his speed as of now. He's a tall lanky thin framed kid with very good technique, he's a technician but the question with him will be what his raw speed numbers look like. He should get faster as he gets stronger & continue to develop physically, but it's uncertain if he'll ever really be a 4.4 style blazer, he's more of a mid 4.5 kind of guy, which is still **** fast. What are our chances? Who the fck knows lol...

For the final 3, I'd say Jadarian Rhym from Valdosta (I posted on him, just search) & I like Bobby Taylor out of Katy & James Monds III from Fort Pierce. There's about 20 or so more that I'm high on as well, but not about to list every one of them.

If you're asking for my personal group of CB's I like, those are among my favorites for the 22 class, but if you're asking who I think Miami will sign or have a chance with, that's a completely different list & the answer is always up in the air because our CB recruiting is a total crap shoot. We're targeting locally Earl Little Jr, Trevel Mullen, Jacolby Spells, James Monds III & few others.

(Not blaming Rumph, please all who read this do not derail thread with Rumph discussion, that horse has been beat to death lol).

Advertisement
1. Denver Harris out of Houston, he's an ELITE CB, kid has Jeffrey Okudah type upside, my absolute favorite corner in the 22 class. We offered him back in December of last year, we made his top 8 that he released in February, but I don't think there's much of a shot. He is former teammates & good friends with Corey Flagg, that could maybe help, but realistically it will be an uphill battle, Texas, LSU, Oh St & Bama will be tough to fight off in that recruitment.

2. Jaheim Singletary out of Jacksonville; the #1 ranked CB in FL, high level Ballhawk, crazy long arms & great upside, is better than Fred Davis was coming out of Trinity Christian, he's got good long speed & terrific footwork. We offered him last year as well, but not much interest if any at all. Already released his top 10 back in July, UF, UGA, Clemson, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU, Tennessee, USC & AZ St. The SEC powers hold the early lead.

3. Austin Jordan out of the Dallas area goes to Ryan Denton, Elite press man corner, best jam technique of any CB in the 22 class, terrific footwork with very good 10.9 100m track speed. The most college ready Corner outside of Denver Harris in the 22 class. Another Texas, Oklahoma, OH St lean, we haven't offered but Idk why we wouldn't. (If you search his name in the search bar you'll find the thread I already made on him.)

4. Daylen Everette out of Virginia, recently transferred to IMG, another high level Ballhawk that had 11INT's his sophomore year. Big time playmaker & instinctual high football IQ pick artist that has a great T-step & understands how to bait QB's. We offered him back in January, but Idk if there's been any contact & Idk if he'd even be interested. (I posted on him as well, just search)

5. Julian Humphrey out of Houston, probably my favorite outside of Denver Harris, his upside is crazy, needs to get a lil stronger in the weight room, but comes from good athletic stock, has very good track speed & can play real well in Press man. Has good ball skills as well. We haven't offered but we should. (I posted on him too).

6. Laterrance Welch out of Lousiana, probably the most physically gifted CB other than Denver Harris (there's a theme here lol), big physical corner with very good hip turn & press man ability. Not a speed demon per se, but fast enough & makes up for it with sound technique. Really good precise footwork. Is a classic LSU Corner that surprisingly enough doesn't have a LSU offer yet. We offered him a few months ago, he's a highly productive kid with great ball skills & high upside. As far as our chances, I mean, he's a 4-star from Lousiana, so you do the math lol. (I posted on him too).

7. Trevell Mullen, Trayvon & Tiawan's lil brother, I posted his offer already, big fan of his game & his upside especially considering the stock he comes from, he's not the physical specimen that Trayvon was & doesn't have his speed as of now. He's a tall lanky thin framed kid with very good technique, he's a technician but the question with him will be what his raw speed numbers look like. He should get faster as he gets stronger & continue to develop physically, but it's uncertain if he'll ever really be a 4.4 style blazer, he's more of a mid 4.5 kind of guy, which is still **** fast. What are our chances? Who the fck knows lol...

For the final 3, I'd say Jadarian Rhym from Valdosta (I posted on him, just search) & I like Bobby Taylor out of Katy & James Monds III from Fort Pierce. There's about 20 or so more that I'm high on as well, but not about to list every one of them.

If you're asking for my personal group of CB's I like, those are among my favorites for the 22 class, but if you're asking who I think Miami will sign or have a chance with, that's a completely different list & the answer is always up in the air because our CB recruiting is a total crap shoot. We're targeting locally Earl Little Jr, Trevel Mullen, Jacolby Spells, James Monds III & few others.

(Not blaming Rumph, please all who read this do not derail thread with Rumph discussion, that horse has been beat to death lol).
Thank you @Liberty City El
When I asked about your favorite CBs I never thought I would get such a detailed response! Amazing work and I as well as everybody here truly appreciate you providing all of the information, insight and analysis that you always provide.

Regarding Earl Little Jr., Where do you rate him in relation to the the 7 kids you listed above? How many do we take in 2022? 3? 4? A CB class of Earl Little Jr., Trevel Mullen and James Monds lll would be great but I would love to pick off just 1 of the kids that you listed above. Also, it's really early regarding the class of 2022. The picture will be much clearer once we get through this season and get the 2021 class finalized. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thank you @Liberty City El
When I asked about your favorite CBs I never thought I would get such a detailed response! Amazing work and I as well as everybody here truly appreciate you providing all of the information, insight and analysis that you always provide.

Regarding Earl Little Jr., Where do you rate him in relation to the the 7 kids you listed above? How many do we take in 2022? 3? 4? A CB class of Earl Little Jr., Trevel Mullen and James Monds lll would be great but I would love to pick off just 1 of the kids that you listed above. Also, it's really early regarding the class of 2022. The picture will be much clearer once we get through this season and get the 2021 class finalized. Thanks again!
As far as my personal list, I have Earl Jr somewhere around the 10-12 range, however he'll definitely be Miami's top CB target for the 22 class. He plays Nickel CB at AH, he has good ball skills & looks to have some good speed as well, although there's no official numbers on his speed.

How many do we take? Well, with 2020 not counting towards a year of eligibility I would assume neither Blades or Ivey will declare after this season, so if they come back & you add the 2-3 we sign for the 2021 class that will give us a pretty full CB room with possibly 9 corners. So in that screnario we may take only 1-2. If Blades or Ivey leaves then we'll take a minimum of 2.

As far as my personal list, I have Earl Jr somewhere around the 10-12 range, however he'll definitely be Miami's top CB target for the 22 class. He plays Nickel CB at AH, he has good ball skills & looks to have some good speed as well, although there's no official numbers on his speed.

How many do we take? Well, with 2020 not counting towards a year of eligibility I would assume neither Blades or Ivey will declare after this season, so if they come back & you add the 2-3 we sign for the 2021 class that will give us a pretty full CB room with possibly 9 corners. So in that screnario we may take only 1-2. If Blades or Ivey leaves then we'll take a minimum of 2.
Thanks again bro. I never stopped to think about the 2020 not counting toward eligibility and how that would affect the 22 class. Makes sense.

076B8DE9-2074-4191-8674-96F41A11F826.gif

Advertisement

I would hope/imagine we go after little jr. and Mullen for our 2 corners I could see james Mond if we take 3

Monds seems to be very pro Cane on twitter, hits like on practically everything our coaches post.

Advertisement
I know LCE is high on Julian as am I. You literally forget he’s on the field because teams won’t throw at him. He also thinks he’s the best corner in the nation and with his talent and work ethic he could end up the best of the bunch. Denver is either going to Ohio state, LSU or Oklahoma as the dark horse. They’ve got grinch and Riley himself on him.

I know LCE is high on Julian as am I. You literally forget he’s on the field because teams won’t throw at him. He also thinks he’s the best corner in the nation and with his talent and work ethic he could end up the best of the bunch. Denver is either going to Ohio state, LSU or Oklahoma as the dark horse. They’ve got grinch and Riley himself on him.
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2022-cb-julian-humphrey.160120/

I only gave a brief synopsis in this thread, I did a full breakdown of Julian in his own thread back in April ☝🏾️.

Advertisement
Back