2022 2022 CB Jaden Harris receives offer (Commit)

Advertisement
No doubt, and I’d STILL take a sure thing at CB from the portal if the opportunity presented itself. Not just another body, but if a starter became available, absolutely...

@Liberty City El , thoughts on the Oregon CB that recently entered portal? No idea if we are kicking those tires but he was a starter there I believe?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Most impressive CB play is at 1:18.

Maybe he'll become everything we hoped Jhavonte Dean would be.

No doubt, and I’d STILL take a sure thing at CB from the portal if the opportunity presented itself. Not just another body, but if a starter became available, absolutely...

@Liberty City El , thoughts on the Oregon CB that recently entered portal? No idea if we are kicking those tires but he was a starter there I believe?
Would take, experienced vet with very good tackling ability & lots of game reps.

Our CB group has been so bad over these last 3 years that nearly anybody would be an upgrade.

Advertisement
Not to leave, but he definitely shouldn’t be starting next year IMO...
I think he can be significantly better than what he showed this past season. And, maybe not to start, but I’d like to see how he performs under a new regime, scheme, and perhaps someone who teaches basic zone principles and how to use your f’in hands and eyes. Our DBs have been almost lobotomized once they enter our system. It’s odd.

Advertisement
I was hoping with UGA picking up the IMG corner that would sway Singletary our way.

Oh well, solid class and finish by Mario.

Harris looks like a good prospect.

I think he can be significantly better than what he showed this past season. And, maybe not to start, but I’d like to see how he performs under a new regime, scheme, and perhaps someone who teaches basic zone principles and how to use your f’in hands and eyes. Our DBs have been almost lobotomized once they enter our system. It’s odd.
Maybe he can, but at a certain point we have to not always go against logic & deny what we see.

We can’t every year watch guys play terrible & then think by some Christmas miracle they’re going to suddenly transform into a different player.

Yes the scheme & Diaz’s coaching played a big role in how bad some of them look, but even in a bad scheme standout players still have flash moments where they rose above & played beyond the constraints of the system.

JaQuan Johnson, Rousseau, Phillips, Roche, Shaq Q & even the young kids like Kam & JW have all played well despite being in a bad Defensive system.

IMO the CB group are what they are, even with the greatest Defensive Coordinator ever can’t make them play faster or with sound technique & while we tend to wanna hang on forever with players, at some point we gotta call a spade a spade, they’re just not that good & the entire CB group with the exception of Stevenson needs to be revamped.

Can’t keep trying to make average players play above their means, that’s why we’ve been stuck in this loop we’re in now for years at CB.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El @gogeta4

Who would you guys prefer in ths class.. Harris or Spells? based on their film?
[QUOTE
="Liberty City El, post: 5616737, member: 14457"]
Hope we land him, he’s got raw traits & natural upside that you can work with & mold him into a very good cover corner at the next level...

He would walk in as the fastest CB on the team next year with legit 4.38 speed.

PLEASE BRING HIM 🙏🏾
[/QUOTE]

Maybe he can, but at a certain point we have to not always go against logic & deny what we see.

We can’t every year watch guys play terrible & then think by some Christmas miracle they’re going to suddenly transform into a different player.

Yes the scheme & Diaz’s coaching played a big role in how bad some of them look, but even in a bad scheme standout players still have flash moments where they rose above & played beyond the constraints of the system.

JaQuan Johnson, Rousseau, Phillips, Roche, Shaq Q & even the young kids like Kam & JW have all played well despite being in a bad Defensive system.

IMO the CB group are what they are, even with the greatest Defensive Coordinator ever can’t make them play faster or with sound technique & while we tend to wanna hang on forever with players, at some point we gotta call a spade a spade, they’re just not that good & the entire CB group with the exception of Stevenson needs to be revamped.

Can’t keep trying to make average players play above their means, that’s why we’ve been stuck in this loop we’re in now for years at CB.

I don't think anyone (that I've read) is doing this or expecting it. My post was even measured with "maybe not even start." He can serve a role in Nickel and Dime and still look significantly better than he did last season.

Advertisement
Back