2022 CB Avery Powell receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

5'11 170lbs 3-star CB out of East Orange NJ, goes to St. Peter's Prep.

Had a good sophomore season with 52tcks 9PBU's 2.5TFL's & 1INT.

Is a physical aggressive corner that plays with a high motor. Is a really good tackler, identifies his target, sinks his hips, lowers his shoulder & explodes through the ball carrier. Is very physical at the point of attack, plays CB like a Safety. Has good Press man technique, @2:00 on his tape did a terrific job using his hands & getting an early upper body jam off the line to reroute the WR & win the inside leverage battle forcing the WR to the sideline, then flipped his hips & stayed physical throughout the route doing a good job disrupting the WR's rhythm with hand fighting, read the WR's eyes & got his head around to make the PBU. @2:24 he was in bump & run again, gave an inside release but did a good job recovering, staying towards the outside shoulder & played over top technique to get the PBU. He's physically stout corner that plays with an aggressive streak, he's quicker than fast, can play press man & also has good instincts in Zone. Is a **** good tackler & plays well vs run support, lacks raw traits, on the slower side (ran a 11.9 in the 100m), but plays with an edge. The exact kind of kid you want on Special Teams as a gunner.

Versatile, can play Boundary, Nickel, Safety or Striker.

Plays for St. Peters Prep in Jersey City, the same school as:
- 2021 QB Tajh Bullock (currently committed to VA Tech)
- Former Bama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Former UF Safety Will Hill

Holds offers from Notre Dame, UF, Michigan, Penn St, Boston College, Minnesota, Va Tech, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tenn, Ole Miss, Miss St, South Carolina, Mich St, Arkansas, Kansas, Pitt, Syracuse, West Va, Nebraska, Vandy & Maryland.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With that said, I’m narrowing my choices down to P5 schools only. There’s a lot of opportunities out there and sometimes you have to make hard choices. Praise be to God for guiding me through this process. Please respek my derision.

Liberty, how are we doing on the trail for 2022? We're not having Junior Day b/c of Covid, correct?

Most played out post in recruiting, comments on how many schools a recruit has listed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back