2022 ATH Matthew James

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-James-46100896/

6'1 165lbs 3-star ATH out of Lake Worth/Boca Raton, goes to 3A school Saint Andrews.

Had a great Sophomore season with 48rec 619yds & 8TD's receiving, 320yds & 5TD's rushing & compiled 1,325 all-purpose yards on Offense to go with 43tcks 3TFL's & 11INT's on Defense.

Versatile athlete that plays WR, QB, FS, SS, OLB, CB, KR & PR. Has a long lanky thin frame that can easily add weight & muscle & increase explosion. Has natural instincts, terrific ball skills at DB with WR hands. He's not a blazer but looks to have in the 4.6 range for speed, long stride runner that covers lots of ground & has natural fluid hip movement to make him into a full time DB. He's actually a pretty good tackler, his form needs work but he's a willing tackler that will lower his shoulder. I think he's the exact kind of ATH you offer, recruit, sign & stash away for a year, get him stronger in the S&C program, then turn him loose. I think he projects best at CB at the next level he's got the arm length & natural instinctual ball skills to transition to being a Boundary Corner in college. He's a raw prospect with some good traits & potential upside, with technique refinement & added strength could be a future legit CB.

He's a kid that I think would benefit greatly transferring to AH Delray Beach & getting coached up by Coach Colombi on how to play CB. He plays weak comp at Saint Andrews so going to place like AH Delray would be a good test to see how he handles the step up in competition.

3-star with an 87 rating, thus far, is a kid that needs to hit the camp circuit & probably would have if it weren't for the C19 shutdown. Hopefully, by next year we can invite him to camp at Miami in the Spring early on, then see how he'll stack up by the time Paradise comes around.

Holds offers from LSU (not committable), Penn St, Kentucky, Duke, West Va, USF, FAU & GTech.

Advertisement
I like the versatility. Kid is a football player which means he has great awareness and feel for the game. It is an undervalued asset in the era where everyone needs to fit the prototype, which is nonsense.

The entrance to my development is literally across the street from St. Andrews. Gonna have to check out a game. Given the look of most of the kids in my neighborhood that attend the school, I just figured they would all be soft af, but I'm sure there are exceptions.

Advertisement
Back