2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
Advertisement
Oh yea it's definitely going to happen the U is finally awake from it's slumber.
Hey D, ... where do u think the most realistic location is? I'm nearly certain it's not going to be Coral Gables. At least not anything with 50K or more seats.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey D, ... where do u think the most realistic location is? I'm nearly certain it's not going to be Coral Gables. At least not anything with 50K or more seats.
I grew up close to campus. No way anything around there can support the crowd coming in or out for a game. They need a location close to the highway so cars can funnel in and out. Tropical Park is the closest to campus to accomplish this. It is right off of the Palmetto and Bird Road. No other place around would be possible (except for Melreese and then you have the airport to contend with). After that, you get further away from campus which makes the new stadium a moot point.

I get the argument that Hard Rock is so far from campus. It is another 8-10 miles north of the old OB site which was already about 6 miles from campus. But I agree with the poster above that said that this will all quiet down when Hard Rock gets filled most weekends and gets loud like the 2017 ND game. That night in 2017 was crazy and the stadium was LOUD (the weekend before against VT was pretty solid too). That was the most Wild I have ever seen that place and I go to most games. If it gets like that on the regular, there may be no need for another place to play. The atmosphere was Orange Bowlesque that night.

It is a great site (besides parking is getting more difficult due to the Grand Prix race track and the tennis courts/stadium). Plus, I always thought that being able to sell that you will play in an active NFL stadium is a selling point for kids wanting to get to the league.

But the only logical spot for a stadium is Tropical. I played ball there and FIU as my home field for football games growing up and there is plenty of room if they want to make it happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back