2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
Seen this story play out too many times, and I would guess he signs with Bama. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know that Miami ever flipped a commit Bama truly wanted. Also I don't believe for 1 second this guy is worried about the depth chart. Latu and Billingsly are probably off to the NFL, and the other dude is a SR so they will likely be losing their top 3 guys on the depth chart.

None of the guys they have coming back, unless billingsly or latu don't declare, will be more talented than Skinner, and I would image he can play early there, unless he is a bust. IF Skinner signs with Miami, that is a huge win for Mario, and I think the optics are going to play a big part for the close in recruiting for 2022.

Advertisement
I haven't seen much discussion about the skillset this guy has this year. Anyone see him play this year?
Think Kyle Pitts. I'm not saying hes going top 3 in the draft, just that their skillsets are similar. Big, long arms, run well, great receiver, but don't offer much in pass pro.

More often than not, logic would usually dictate a recruit comes here instead a Bama, UGA, etc.

But as Braylen Ingraham, Daniel Wright, Keanu Koht, Marcus Rosemy and more showed, kids chase their “best offer”, not what is always best for them.

If Skinner comes here, then I’m thrilled. Not gonna just assume it though because our recruiting class doesn’t have a TE.

Advertisement
More often than not, logic would usually dictate a recruit comes here instead a Bama, UGA, etc.

But as Braylen Ingraham, Daniel Wright, Keanu Koht, Marcus Rosemy and more showed, kids chase their “best offer”, not what is always best for them.

If Skinner comes here, then I’m thrilled. Not gonna just assume it though because our recruiting class doesn’t have a TE.
I also don't put it past Saban to take 3 TEs just to keep a legit one from us. These guys are shook with Mario, Rad, and the financial commitment. Not a coincidence that NCAA NIL "investigation" popped up right before ESD after we got our guys.

I’m no insider or claim to know or claim to have known any insider, but I have HEARD(from a very reputable source) that Skinner is ours…Only time will tell fellas…Also heard that Moss & Coleman is ours too…Heard Moss wants to announce at The All American Game doe…Skinner & Coleman are supposed to ink with us later today…Again, only time will tell, but Da source is very reputable…Go Canes!
GIF-211117_103103.gif

Edit:

I believe you, though.

Advertisement
We get him and some of the others we’re positioning for and we’ll jump FSU (we’ll be 10th in the dream class scenario)

And I would love nothing more than to troll FSU about the class ranking, since Mario would’ve only had a couple months to finish the class, while Norvell had a full cycle.

Advertisement
Their staff would be shocked if he picked Miami so we will see. Thinking it’s still Bama. Dad seems locked in to Bama
I agree with you, but stranger things have happened. UGA was confident in Williams until we came out of “left field”… just hoping Skinner realizes the ample, immediate playing time he’d get here.

Advertisement
I agree with you, but stranger things have happened. UGA was confident in Williams until we came out of “left field”… just hoping Skinner realizes the ample, immediate playing time he’d get here.

Agreed. Much easier path to playing time here but we have no OC and Mario just jumped in the mix it’s hard to see Miami pulling it off. Maybe if he pushed to February and we had a staff in place.

These scenarios ('Canes vs. SEC bag teams) never go our way.

He is Bama bound. If you want to believe otherwise, go ahead.

Edit: If somebody can change this pattern, it's Mario.

Advertisement
Back