2022 4-star S Lymon has UM on top list, looking for return visit

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
For 2022 Atlantic (FL) 4-star S Marquis Lymon, receiving an offer from the Miami Hurricanes was the achievement of a long-held goal. So much so, that he considered wasting no time in making a decision.

“Man, it was great, that’s my dream school for real,” Lymon said of the UM offer. “I was thinking about committing on the spot, but I want to wait.”

The bid from the Canes came days after Lymon’s second visit to Miami, which was for their junior day event in late January, a trip that the rising junior enjoyed.

“Really we were just watching film, looked at the outside fields, the inside fields,” Lymon said. “The coaches were telling us about the SAT scores, how that worked. I got to get a picture with my mom in the jersey. I like the green and white jersey, that’s my favorite.”

As he feels a strong connection to the local Hurricanes, Lymon says a return trip to UM when the campus opens up is all but guaranteed.

“What really interests me is how it’s close to home and the inside field there, it’s nice, I like that,” Lymon said. “I’ve heard a lot about the school, it’s a good school, but I haven’t taken a full tour of the campus, just the football stuff. So that will probably be for my next visit. They will definitely be one of my official visits in the future too.”

The 5-10 190 pound prospect has mainly been in contact with UM cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph, who is a big fan for what Lymon brings to the field as a DB.

“[Rumph] was telling me how it’s a good program at Miami and he said he loves how I hit, that I hit with such attitude,” Lymon said. “He likes how I come down on the ball, he can tell I’ve been running the hills and he said that I’m looking fast. He also said how Ed Reed was going to be working there. Ed Reed is my favorite safety, that’s greatness to me right there. I’m a big fan of Ray Lewis too, two of the top defensive players in history right there. I love them.”

While Lymon’s only visit of the recruiting process thus far has been to Miami, he says he’s interested in taking trips to programs such as Penn State and Tennessee, two programs that have been in contact with him lately. Lymon also has Power 5 offers from Louisville, NC State, Kentucky, Indiana, Syracuse, and Pitt.

“I’ll probably decide at the end of my junior season, since I know there’s going to be more schools coming around, but Miami’s on my top list, though,” he said. “I’ll be looking for a family, good chemistry with the team.”

What attributes does Lymon bring to the game when he steps onto the field?

“I’m a dog. I like playing fast and physical, I like to talk and get into people’s heads,” Lymon said. “Anybody that gets the ball, I’ll punish them. I fit in great with the Hurricanes, nothing but head-busters.”

Advertisement
For 2022 Atlantic (FL) 4-star S Marquis Lymon, receiving an offer from the Miami Hurricanes was the achievement of a long-held goal. So much so, that he considered wasting no time in making a decision.

“Man, it was great, that’s my dream school for real,” Lymon said of the UM offer. “I was thinking about committing on the spot, but I want to wait.”

The bid from the Canes came days after Lymon’s second visit to Miami, which was for their junior day event in late January, a trip that the rising junior enjoyed.

“Really we were just watching film, looked at the outside fields, the inside fields,” Lymon said. “The coaches were telling us about the SAT scores, how that worked. I got to get a picture with my mom in the jersey. I like the green and white jersey, that’s my favorite.”

As he feels a strong connection to the local Hurricanes, Lymon says a return trip to UM when the campus opens up is all but guaranteed.

“What really interests me is how it’s close to home and the inside field there, it’s nice, I like that,” Lymon said. “I’ve heard a lot about the school, it’s a good school, but I haven’t taken a full tour of the campus, just the football stuff. So that will probably be for my next visit. They will definitely be one of my official visits in the future too.”

The 5-10 190 pound prospect has mainly been in contact with UM cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph, who is a big fan for what Lymon brings to the field as a DB.

“[Rumph] was telling me how it’s a good program at Miami and he said he loves how I hit, that I hit with such attitude,” Lymon said. “He likes how I come down on the ball, he can tell I’ve been running the hills and he said that I’m looking fast. He also said how Ed Reed was going to be working there. Ed Reed is my favorite safety, that’s greatness to me right there. I’m a big fan of Ray Lewis too, two of the top defensive players in history right there. I love them.”

While Lymon’s only visit of the recruiting process thus far has been to Miami, he says he’s interested in taking trips to programs such as Penn State and Tennessee, two programs that have been in contact with him lately. Lymon also has Power 5 offers from Louisville, NC State, Kentucky, Indiana, Syracuse, and Pitt.

“I’ll probably decide at the end of my junior season, since I know there’s going to be more schools coming around, but Miami’s on my top list, though,” he said. “I’ll be looking for a family, good chemistry with the team.”

What attributes does Lymon bring to the game when he steps onto the field?

“I’m a dog. I like playing fast and physical, I like to talk and get into people’s heads,” Lymon said. “Anybody that gets the ball, I’ll punish them. I fit in great with the Hurricanes, nothing but head-busters.”

“While Lymon’s only visit of the recruiting process thus far has been to Miami, he says he’s interested in taking trips to programs such as Penn State and Tennessee, two programs that have been in contact with him lately. Lymon also has Power 5 offers from Louisville, NC State, Kentucky, Indiana, Syracuse, and Pitt.”

I swear these schools just offer every skill position player in South Florida as soon as they turn 15 hoping to get that “they were my first offer” commitment😂😂

Advertisement
Kid cost me a chance on playing sta in the playoffs last year. Decapitated my wr on a game winning touchdown catch with 30 seconds left.

The 2 safeties in that game...he and Alfonzo Allen should be canes...Major f up if not. Rumph is an Delray Beach Atlantic alumni for gods sakes. Kid seems to be all about the U. Everyone on the defensive staff should be in on him and Fonzo...they should be priorities.

Advertisement
Kid cost me a chance on playing sta in the playoffs last year. Decapitated my wr on a game winning touchdown catch with 30 seconds left.

The 2 safeties in that game...he and Alfonzo Allen should be canes...Major f up if not. Rumph is an Delray Beach Atlantic alumni for gods sakes. Kid seems to be all about the U. Everyone on the defensive staff should be in on him and Fonzo...they should be priorities.
The coaches at Atlantic rave about this kid, he's a special talent with big time upside.

His family wants him home too, Ma Dukes loves Miami.

JC, that was swift and unanimous. We have a Super Scout Z Stud, a Gogeta Gamer and an LCE-Certified...

6A74C803-01A5-4665-A423-3FD15D200C1C.gif

JC, that was swift and unanimous. We have a Super Scout Z Stud, a Gogeta Gamer and an LCE-Certified...

View attachment 120583

OCG posted on him first last year, but I been knowing about him because my cousin Tavarres is an Atlantic alum & played with 2 of his coaches (Coach Stewart & Coach Fulton who's at Heritage now), but they been telling me that Marquis was gonna be a dawg for years now.

The coaches at Atlantic rave about this kid, he's a special talent with big time upside.

His family wants him home too, Ma Dukes loves Miami.
Agree with both of you. Fonzo and Marquis need to be Day 1 priorities. Kamari comes off as somebody who would really excel at striker because he’s gonna get bigger Like James Williams did.

Advertisement
Agree with both of you. Fonzo and Marquis need to be Day 1 priorities. Kamari comes off as somebody who would really excel at striker because he’s gonna get bigger Like James Williams did.
The crazy thing about Kamari Wilson is he actually likes Miami quite a bit, Banda has done a good job getting in early with him.

However, the move to IMG is concerning to me because it reeks of the SEC bag schools being able to sink their hooks into him. Maybe Banda & Reed, combined with having a good season plus putting together a good marketing sales pitch will be enough to snatch him up, but we'll have to see how that goes.

The 22 class is the most loaded at Safety it's ever been in the last decade, we don't have to leave South FL & it's legit like 10-15 deep locally & that not even including the OOS national kids at Safety too.

If Banda pulls off pairing JW with Kinchens he'll have the most cache of any Coach in the nation next year to pull another elite haul at Safety.

The crazy thing about Kamari Wilson is he actually likes Miami quite a bit, Banda has done a good job getting in early with him.

However, the move to IMG is concerning to me because it reeks of the SEC bag schools being able to sink their hooks into him. Maybe Banda & Reed, combined with having a good season plus putting together a good marketing sales pitch will be enough to snatch him up, but we'll have to see how that goes.

The 22 class is the most loaded at Safety it's ever been in the last decade, we don't have to leave South FL & it's legit like 10-15 deep locally & that not even including the OOS national kids at Safety too.

If Banda pulls off pairing JW with Kinchens he'll have the most cache of any Coach in the nation next year to pull another elite haul at Safety.
I’m not too concerned due to him being from Central Florida to begin with and he still has a ton of interest.You’re absolutely right about the safety class though. That class and the DE class are probably the deepest not just locally but statewide class in years. We should have tremendous success and that’s not even including guys like Keon Sabb and Willy Aybar who we’re in it with. Aybar being way more likely though.

Advertisement
Not mentioned here, but if we win on a Top 10 Level, it will be another positive reason for kids with high interest already to sign. Winning and high draft picks are the key for us now with signing top SoFl talent.

Advertisement
Back