2022 4-star CB Little Jr. talks UM, connection with hometown

View as article
Idk about the entire class, but JW is good friends with Earl Jr.

He’s also good friends & former teammates with Shemar Stewart, because they were both at Miami Pace together.

But in reality, fans put too much stock into that stuff, these kids go where they want, they have friends on teams all over the country, they don’t have as much influence as people might think. Kids make their own decisions based on numerous factors, there’s no one kid who can just wave a magic wand & get a bunch of other players to follow him.

Yes it helps to have certain kids in the ear of a prospect that you’re recruiting if they have prior relationship etc, but the reality is, kids go where they want & they change their minds almost monthly about which school they might commit to.
So the idea of a class ambassador is not really much of a reality at all?

Advertisement
It is somewhat. A guy that helps...i think with covid szn last year its a lil different with this group.

Also South Florida is totally different than elsewhere...it changes from cycle to cycle.

Its always good to land a big guy and have him usher or recruit some guys he is close with. Last cycle we had muliple like Brantley and company..we had DeeJay Dallas b4. It all depends.

I believe I saw where the CB Coach at Bama could be heading to the Vikings. They will reload with a stud CB Coach, but this may help us early with the likes of Earl Little or other elite DB prospects.

A Little Jr or Rogers by end of spring would help us LAUNCH into an explosive summer of commitments IMO.

Advertisement
Not really, it just depends.

It can help, but it’s not as big a deal as people make it to be.

Some kids have the cult of personality & can get other kids to be more receptive to us than they might usually tend to, but it’s not like based on one kid a bunch of other kids will hop on.

It’s actually more of a parlor trick that recruiting staffs use as cover to help recruit other kids, they’ll put one kid as the “class ambassador” to make it seem like he’s just influencing all these other kids to commit to the same school as him, when in reality it’s just a recruiting strategy put together by the coaching staff.

For example, Quinn Ewers the elite 5-star QB from Southlake Carroll TX who committed to OH State is being seen as the “ambassador” for OH St’s class, because he’s the #1 ranked recruit in the nation, but the truth is, OH ST is dropping big big bags for their 22 class because they’re trying to beat out Bama for top ranked class, so they’re just using Ewers as the main catalyst of the class to send the message to rest of the recruits they’re after.

A class ambassador is just a kid who’s fully committed to your school & is just helping where he can, no kid really signs because of a class ambassador, it just helps on the surface to have a kid who’s fully committed help sell the message of the program, it’s basically just a reinforcement of whatever the coaches are pitching to the recruits.

It’s not they don’t matter at all, it’s just that they don’t make as much of a difference as fans believe, it’s inconsequential for the most part, but doesn’t hurt to have one lol.

Last edited:
I believe I saw where the CB Coach at Bama could be heading to the Vikings. They will reload with a stud CB Coach, but this may help us early with the likes of Earl Little or other elite DB prospects.

A Little Jr or Rogers by end of spring would help us LAUNCH into an explosive summer of commitments IMO.
Bama doesn’t actually have “stud CB’s coaches”, that’s kind of a myth that fans have, because they don’t know that Saban is the actual DB’s coach at Bama.

I just talked about this over in the Other Coaching Moves thread:
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/other-coaching-moves.167464/post-5135782

Read that & you’ll get it.

Bama doesn’t need a big time CB’s coach, whoever they plug into that spot will land 5-star DB’s because it’s Saban who does the actual coaching of their Corners & Safeties.

Get to the ACCCG and we're going to have a Top 5 class (yeah, I said it)

Even after t-Rob and will leave I don't see how many goes back to guys that can't recruit on D. Same with the offense he can't go hire someone who runs a pro style offense. I think Garcia is the starter 2022 but given the success of king Manny should be recruiting mobile qbs. How many games would we have won if King couldn't take off with his legs.

What happened to you? Where have you been?

Advertisement

Probably replace him with Brian Flores.

Apparently. Do you want to go back to ray lewis and earl little, drop it all or choose a different topic to spat about? If you check the original thread, my lewis comment was bait. i never said there was a logical conclusion from his relationship with little - i just put it out there. Literally my next post,
right below, contained a joke about how it could play out. I know everyone says little is nick saban’s for the having. i just don’t want it to be so. enough already.

I don’t read all posts on this site, and many not that closely at all. I was just responding to that one porst exclusively.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now if you happen to be sitting in a bar with the old man having a beer a simple “ man Jr would look great in Orange and green “ might be ok..😜
He already knows how I feel because he used to post pics of Earl jr. running the hill and I would always comment "he's getting ready to compete at The U like his father" LOL

I'm just excited that we don't have to immediately rule out getting this kid now because we have a DB coach that can recruit and can actually sell some hope to these recruits. Feels **** good.
You have a double dip homerun with TRob and DVD. They both have personality. DVD played in the NFL more recently than Rumph which gives him more cred and he connects with the recruits. TRob has put his players in the top 2 rounds of the draft plus he's from "The Crib." These two check all the boxes for the recruits. We just need to show a winning culture. Competing with Alabama would be a great start. We don't have to win the game. Winning would be the icing on the cake. Being competitive late in the game would go a long way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back