2022 3⭐ OT Falentha Carswell (Signs w/ Ole Miss)

4 out of 5 of our recruits are from out of state now. I'm not sure what's going on. Have the kids turned on us? Are we not recruiting S Florida as hard as before? We're getting good players so I'm not worried, I'm just curious.
Down year for S Florida but also a lot of S Florida recruits don’t commit early.

Blue Chip S Fla recruits
Stewart - uncommitted
Jones Jr - uncommitted
Jackson - uncommitted
Kelly - uncommitted
Little Jr - uncommitted
Armella - uncommitted
Bissainthe - uncommitted
Mullin - Indiana
Spells - WV
Anderson - uncommitted
Allen - ASU(may decommit)
Lathan - uncommitted
Marshall - uncommitted

Thats it for 4 Star+ on the 247 composite and most have not committed and most are waiting until early signing day or NSD to commit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No amount of experience or coaching can create that combination of size, length, athleticism, and balance. Not worried about the learning curve. Hopefully he has a strong work ethic and isn’t a clown, because if this dude is focused and has some dog in him, game over. We need more elite athletes on this roster. Love the take.

Advertisement
Man, just imagine if somebody still worked at this site, maybe this kid and Graves could actually get added to our commit list.

tenor (29).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just temper your expectations. This will be his first time EVER playing football. Just think about that it’s actually insane he’s got power 5 offers. Georgia is also not a scrub place to play football. He’ll get some big dudes that’s been playing their whole life. This is a 2-3 year plan for this kid but the ceiling is the ROOF!
And before anyone jumps on Cuban-Cane for writing ”the ceiling is the roof”, know that he is quoting Michael Jordan’s odd statement at UNC a few years ago.

OL is all about development.... even a guy like Neal had a long ways to go... he totally reshaped himself at Bama. This kid Carswell pops to me. Extremely good frame... good weight... looooong arms.... athletic.... great prospect if you have the staff to develop him.
Neal's a kid, knowledgeable HS evaluators basically said best OL from Florida in years. Yes, all kids need to reshape when they mature at that age. But Neal was an obvious eval -- the issue was recruiting him. Being a UM legacy wasn't enough, unfortunately.

Also, there's a difference between saying OL is about 'development' because at that age, kids need time to add strength, maturity and experience, and it's about 'development' as if some great coach could turn bad kids into good ones.

OL is about evaluations, IMO, but your eval is even more dependent on assessing which kids will mature well and put in the effort along the way than it is at other positions. Ain't no OL coach who could have turned Bar Milo, Brandon Loftus, Hayden Mahoney, Herbert, Hillery, Dykstra or ElGammel into good P5 OL. Same for Symonette, Wimbs, Pou, Wollschlager, Odogwu, Kerr, St. Pierre, Pipho et al.

Advertisement
Back