2022-23 CBB Season

Advertisement
IUP who we played in the preseason is #2 in D2 26-1

Nova Southeastern is #1 again at 26-0. Crutchfield has turned them into more of a machine then he had at West Liberty. I dont know if his style would work at the highest level of D1 night in and night out but someone should give him a shot. I mean Nova doesnt have any major transfers and they arent taller than everyone. The style just creates absolute havoc. I mean they dropped 153 on someone with no OT.

Side note....Eastbay and Crutchfield were my go to's in the 90's. When they showed up you know you were taking a dump that was putting both legs to sleep.

Advertisement

21-7 (11-4) With 3 games left, its shaping up to be Penny Hardaway’s best season at Memphis in his tenure.

Unfortunately for them Houston is absolutely dominating the AAC this year.

Advertisement
I’m sure they’ll end up blowing USD out since I just turned it off, but incredibly underwhelmed by Gonzaga. They look slow and semi-unathletic. Think they may have that 7 consecutive Sweet 16 streak in jeopardy this year, and feel we should be seeded above them when all said and done. Current Lunardi has them as a 3 seed

Saint Mary’s 25-5 (14-1) will have the chance to win the WCC outright this Saturday with a big matchup vs Gonzaga, but has already cliched a share of the regular season title.

Absolutely phenomenal job by Randy Bennett in year 22 as the HC at SMC & still churning out 25+ win seasons.

Advertisement

Saint Mary’s 25-5 (14-1) will have the chance to win the WCC outright this Saturday with a big matchup vs Gonzaga, but has already cliched a share of the regular season title.

Absolutely phenomenal job by Randy Bennett in year 22 as the HC at SMC & still churning out 25+ win seasons.

Tiebreaker up to NET?

drunk saturday night live GIF

Advertisement

If I was Dusty I would hold off & wait for the GTech job after Josh Pastner gets fired.

The Ole Miss job just isn’t that good IMO. Aside from money, that’s a program that has a low capped ceiling & after they ran Andy Kennedy outta town they’ve been pretty much a 1st round exist/NIT special almost every year.

Even the Stanford, Oregon ST & St. John’s jobs are better than Ole Miss IMO.

Ben Johnson needs to be fired after the season. He was supposed to be a recruiter and is following Richard Pitino where he couldn’t recruit the state of MN (which has a lot of basketball talent believe it or not). He clearly is a worse coach than Pitino. I said when he was hired that he was a cheap hire by the athletic department and it looks like I was proven right so far. It would be a cheap buyout. No point in wasting one more year, although I’m sure he will still be here next season.

Ben Johnson needs to be fired after the season. He was supposed to be a recruiter and is following Richard Pitino where he couldn’t recruit the state of MN (which has a lot of basketball talent believe it or not). He clearly is a worse coach than Pitino. I said when he was hired that he was a cheap hire by the athletic department and it looks like I was proven right so far. It would be a cheap buyout. No point in wasting one more year, although I’m sure he will still be here next season.

He’s a hometown Minneapolis Coach & former Gopher, they’re probably gonna give him another year or 2 before they pull the plug. But you’re right, he’s completely stumbled out of the starting blocks.

But there’s gotta be something systemic with that program because pretty much every Coach that’s been there has failed since the Clem Haskins era.

Advertisement
Back