2022-23 CBB Season

Advertisement
didnt mind seeing nbr 17 Illinois lose tonight to help nbr 28 Canes, but they just tied nbr 2 Texas with 6 secs left to take it to overtime. interesting game on espn.

UPD: well, we aint passing Illinois, gritty OT and they beat #2 Texas at MSG so one less unbeaten now

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kind of early in the season but I took a peak at the NET rankings today and was surprised to see they have us ranked #48. Thought that was kinda low, but to be expected I guess. They've got Maryland (our only lost) at #6, but not sure how the **** Rutgers is ranked above us at #29. Knew they were bad, but I was shocked to see Louisville at #360 out of the 363 teams ranked. LOL!!!

KenPom currently has us somewhere in the 30's.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Advertisement
That James Madison squad ain't half bad. This looks like one of those seasons where I'm not sure everybody isn't going to have 7-10 losses minimum sans a few teams that roll through their conferences. Guess that isn't all that different, feels different this year. Hella parity out there. More I see more I like that Illinois team. If Mayer finds his role and stays out of foul trouble, that is a talented squad. Bunch of guys capable of going off.

Texas loses to Illini. Maryland down to Wisconsin right now.
Wisky, regardless of who is the HC, always plays that prototypical Big Ten style of grinding defense with those thick, big-bodied Caucasian players. It's a throwback look that if I'm a HC at any other school, I want no part of. They don't have great athletes or the best talent but are always very tough to play.

Wisky, regardless of who is the HC, always plays that prototypical Big Ten style of grinding defense with those thick, big-bodied Caucasian players. It's a throwback look that if I'm a HC at any other school, I want no part of. They don't have great athletes or the best talent but are always very tough to play.
Plenty of teams have learned that lesson with them and Utah.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back