2021 WR Dominic Lovett

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/player/dominic-lovett-46076945/

5'10 175lbs 4-star WR out of Belleville IL, goes to 6A school East Saint Louis (same school as Jeff Thomas & 2020 S Antonio Johnson)

ESTL went 14-0 as undefeated state champions.

Dominic had a phenomenal Junior season with 74rec 1,549yds & 18TD's, was also a KR/PR. He's an electric dynamic playmaker with very good speed, not as much of a pure blazer as JT, but certainly more than fast enough.

Has exceptional route running, the route @:55secs on his tape was impressive. Shows great hands & is an explosive athlete that can take a 5 yard hitch to the house for 60.

I know most of our fans would be against trying to recruit another WR from East STL, but with the talent that comes outta there I think we'd be foolish not to. That school is producing legit 4-star P5 players on an annual basis every class & the region in general is loaded with talent, Lutheran North, Trinity Catholic & DeSmet are other schools in the region with multiple D1 P5 players.

Holds offers from UGA, Arkansas, Miss St, Louisville, Iowa St, Purdue, West Va & Illinois (the former HC at Lutheran North is the TE's coach for Illinois).

Advertisement
With the plethora of WR talent in South Florida for 2021, do we look elsewhere still Liberty? Or do we keep as many as we can home and while throwing Lovett a bone, should our focus not be closer?

Advertisement
If we bet the house on landing 3-4 South Fla WR's we'd lose the house...

Always recruit inside out, start locally & then branch out, but when it comes to high ranked South Fla skill position players early commits are as good as Monopoly money.

The focus of course will be landing the best kids in our backyard, but the reality is, most of them will be looking elsewhere & won't jump on board until we look like a legit winning program on the field & even then many of them will still head to SEC country.

So, the next best thing... Go OOS. In the Richt/Diaz era we've recruited OOS WR's pretty well, they just either transfer or we misuse'em lol, but we've shown we can get them.

I think they'll bring in 3, but a definite chance of 4 if they are the right ones...

Need to focus on getting 2 of that big 7 in Sofla:
Brooks, Brinson, George, Alexis, B.Brown, Y.Brown, Stelatto (some we have better shot than others)...But I think 2 out of 7 is realistic, 1 is a an absolute must, 3 would be a monster haul...(Eaford out of the picture, maybe Skinner or Rutherford work their way up in that group of studs)

Then or if not, you hit the out of state kids, Burke from Jax, Curtis from Ft. Myers, Leary and Hill from Orlando, etc...And some of these out of state, LA/Tex, someone like this Ill kid, etc...Should be an exciting WR class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the book The Right Kind of Heroes (about East St. Louis football), there was a kid constantly flirting with transferring to Belleville West.

Noticed this thread when I was serving my time in CIS jail. I mentioned this kid back in December. He is the real deal...wish Miami would take a look at him once the country gets back to normal.

Advertisement
Bama and LSU just offered this kid over the weekend. Are we even going to contact this kid or just continue to get burned by a bunch of South Florida divas who aren’t even considering Miami?

I know most of our fans would be against trying to recruit another WR from East STL, but with the talent that comes outta there I think we'd be foolish not to. That school is producing legit 4-star P5 players on an annual basis every class & the region in general is loaded with talent, Lutheran North, Trinity Catholic & DeSmet are other schools in the region with multiple D1 P5 players.

Yes that would be super boneheaded. They've been one of the premier stl/IL area programs for decades. The QB committed to Mizzou today.

Also, they are scheduled to play St.John Bosco out in California to open the season.

Yes that would be super boneheaded. They've been one of the premier stl/IL area programs for decades. The QB committed to Mizzou today.

Also, they are scheduled to play St.John Bosco out in California to open the season.
He committed a little over a week ago but Michigan State offered him today. They play a legit schedule to make up for a mediocre conference they play in. That St John Bosch game will definitely be on tv.

He committed a little over a week ago but Michigan State offered him today. They play a legit schedule to make up for a mediocre conference they play in. That St John Bosch game will definitely be on tv.

Yea, some schools have refused to played them over the years just like schools are starting to do Lutheran North as well. North has 3 conference members now scared to play them, so they play more out of state schools. East Side is arguably one of, if not the best team in Illinois or Missouri most years.

Advertisement
Back