2021 WR Class

Agree with most of your post, as usual, but I'm hearing we have a very good shot with Yul and even Brinson if the team performs on offense.

More so than any other year, I think this crop of local kids is closely monitoring our on-field results. This can be a huge class or a disaster.

Not sure if he was saying that we have a low chance even if we did have football this fall or if he's saying our low chances are because we may not have football this fall. If football is delayed in the fall it's going to hurt us as the other established programs with good offenses have a body of work to show rather than us just repeating "spread offense". If we do have football I believe we will perform well enough to pull some of the higher coveted guys.

Advertisement
Agree with most of your post, as usual, but I'm hearing we have a very good shot with Yul and even Brinson if the team performs on offense.

More so than any other year, I think this crop of local kids is closely monitoring our on-field results. This can be a huge class or a disaster.
Brinson I believe. Lil Yul I'm skeptical on.

If we win I think we can pull Brinson, but Yulkeith is a nomad, he's a kid that will be difficult to keep home.

Brinson I believe. Lil Yul I'm skeptical on.

If we win I think we can pull Brinson, but Yulkeith is a nomad, he's a kid that will be difficult to keep home.

What about Brooks? Relationship with Hypo, we may not bet as dead as though there?

You think Brinson more likely than Brooks still?

What about Brooks? Relationship with Hypo, we may not bet as dead as though there?

You think Brinson more likely than Brooks still?
Brooks has LSU and Bama after him hard. Coley/Craig are big time recruiters, but have to feel more positive winning back a former commit against TAMU than going head to head with LSU/Bama over the Top ranked WR in Florida.

Advertisement
From Rivals this morning on Northwestern:

Northwestern High coach Max Edwards talked about Brinson, Kinchens, Tim Burns and Brantley

Asked the chance the Canes could land all four, Edwards said, “That could happen easily. Their family matters, and they like each other. If Miami does the right thing they can get them. Jacory Harris and those guys - it could be like that.”

Brinson: along with UM that Georgia and LSU are factoring in highly for Brinson. “He committed to Miami earlier (before decommitting), they’re still a frontrunner,” Edwards said. “I do think he winds up at Miami, but kids like different ice cream flavors.”

Kinchens: LSU and Georgia are factoring in highly here. " I think if Miami goes ahead and puts it where they really want him, show they really want him, convince him that your friends are coming, don’t you want to play with your friends? That’ll matter to him bigtime,”

Brantley and Burns love UM.

Advertisement
So many great wide receiver prospects this cycle. Will be interesting to see if we end up with 3 or 4 commits when it's all said and done. Nabers, Brinson, Alexis, and Brown are the top 4 for me. Hope we can land 2-3 of them.

Dawson is being recruited by Patke, Baker, and Rumph to play corner. Him and Malik Curtis can play on either side of the ball, but if Likens comes through we won't need them at WR. Both them look really good with the ball in their hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many great wide receiver prospects this cycle. Will be interesting to see if we end up with 3 or 4 commits when it's all said and done. Nabers, Brinson, Alexis, and Brown are the top 4 for me. Hope we can land 2-3 of them.

Dawson is being recruited by Patke, Baker, and Rumph to play corner. Him and Malik Curtis can play on either side of the ball, but if Likens comes through we won't need them at WR. Both them look really good with the ball in their hands.

My wish list-

Brinson
Brooks
Alexis
Nabers

Substitutes- Skinner (STA), George (PLANTATION), a Louisiana wr (LSU cant take all of em and this year there state is loaded at WR...There is easy pickens to get 1)

Guy i like- Mario Williams out of Plant City. We have no shot as he is an Oklahoma lean but i love that kids game.

My wish list-

Brinson
Brooks
Alexis
Nabers

Substitutes- Skinner (STA), George (PLANTATION), a Louisiana wr (LSU cant take all of em and this year there state is loaded at WR...There is easy pickens to get 1)

Guy i like- Mario Williams out of Plant City. We have no shot as he is an Oklahoma lean but i love that kids game.
Dont get me wrong I think Brinson is a solid prospect but I came away from his film not overly impressed. Just curious what you see in him since you’re around the scene.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back