2021 Spring Preview: WR

Pope catches a sh*t ton of heat which he deserves, but man yall really be letting Wiggs slide...

He’s 6’3 195lbs & plays smaller than Pope & has no athleticism to his game at all, he plays with his feet glued to the ground, I don’t think I’ve seen him make one contested catch his entire career here & rarely do I ever see him o up for a jump ball...

I mean did yall forget the way the 18 TF Tony Grimes completely bullied him on that INT vs UNC??? It was assault, battery & grand theft the way he literally just took the ball from Wiggins, it was embarrassing...

Especially considering he’s 6’3 with 4.4 speed & can’t separate to save his life!
Facts. The Pope slander is as hard as it is partially due to his HS ranking. As disappointing as he was, Dee was worse.

At this point I genuinely believe Dee wears #8 because it’s the only route he can run.

Advertisement
Why the **** is Harley getting a pass for ****ting the bed for only half of the season and kept fumbling punts

Why the **** is Harley getting a pass for ****ting the bed for only half of the season and kept fumbling punts

Harley **** the bed for the first half of the season but it cost us zero games. In the second half of the season, Miami loses at least two more games if Harley hadn't manned up and started playing like a Miami Hurricane. UVA and NC St are guaranteed Ls without Harley in the lineup.

Credit where credit is due though, Wiggins was key in beating VA Tech (8 catches for 106 yards). Rest of the games he was as much a liability as a benefit.

Pope was a net negative. At least Wiggins has size and could stretch a defense. Pope was just a small dude who couldnt catch passes.

Advertisement
Pope catches a sh*t ton of heat which he deserves, but man yall really be letting Wiggs slide...

He’s 6’3 195lbs & plays smaller than Pope & has no athleticism to his game at all, he plays with his feet glued to the ground, I don’t think I’ve seen him make one contested catch his entire career here & rarely do I ever see him o up for a jump ball...

I mean did yall forget the way the 18 TF Tony Grimes completely bullied him on that INT vs UNC??? It was assault, battery & grand theft the way he literally just took the ball from Wiggins, it was embarrassing...

Especially considering he’s 6’3 with 4.4 speed & can’t separate to save his life!
Wiggins plays like I'd imagine a skinny supermodel trying to play football. How many times have we seen him fall backwards on fades and just get completely worked by the DB? That freshman from Clemson totally made him a bytch in his arms last year.

The guy's useless. Pope is too, but I agree that if one is firm stool the other is power diarrhea. We managed to find all the skinny jean backpack Dade County guys and let the dogs go elsewhere.

Serious question - why have Pope and Wiggins not bulked up at all in 3 years? Miami lists Pope at 6'1 172 pounds and Wiggins at 6'3 195 pounds. How is Pope not near 185 and Wiggins around 205? I've been waiting for years to see one or any of WRs look like an NFL work physically but it never happens.

XWR - Charleston Rambo/ Michael Redding/ Romello Brinson

Slot - Mike Harley/ Xavier Restrepo/ Brashard Smith

ZWR - Keyshawn Smith/ Jeremiah Payton/ Jacolby George

That would be my top 9 if I was WR’s coach, but of course I’m not lol.

But I still fully expect Pope & Wiggs to continue to play, I’m not buying this staff has completely turned over a new leaf until I see it with my own eyes, they’re going to keep playing upperclassmen even if it kills them.

It was a disgrace watching things unfold last year. You had a guy like Harley that flat out admitted that guys (him, 6/8) were dogging it. How can coaches continue to trot out 6/8/3 while they were dogging it on the practice field? Yeah yeah, covid and injuries were a convenient excuse. Spring will tell me a lot about these coaches moreso than the position group.

No one forgot how bad Wiggins played. No one has really been telling us Wiggins is going to show out every off season either...

Advertisement

In fairness, he played pretty **** well the other half. So I'll give him props for getting it together when it matters. But he's our #1 WR and he's not even a Philip Dorsett/Travis Benjamin type talent.

Dugans destroyed that room like 'lil Richt did the QB's.

Serious question - why have Pope and Wiggins not bulked up at all in 3 years? Miami lists Pope at 6'1 172 pounds and Wiggins at 6'3 195 pounds. How is Pope not near 185 and Wiggins around 205? I've been waiting for years to see one or any of WRs look like an NFL work physically but it never happens.

Because diet is at least 80% of physical fitness and it shouldn't be up to our staff to monitor everything a player eats, or the extra work they put in the weight room. That's squarely on them.

Now, why are they starting if they haven't taken care of that business is a different question.

Advertisement

He’s 6’3 195lbs & plays smaller than Pope & has no athleticism to his game at all, he plays with his feet glued to the ground, I don’t think I’ve seen him make one contested catch his entire career here & rarely do I ever see him go up for a jump ball...

I mean did yall forget the way the 18 year old TF Tony Grimes completely bullied him on that INT vs UNC??? It was assault, battery & grand theft the way he literally just took the ball from Wiggins, it was embarrassing...

I like to consider myself a pretty optimistic guy when it comes to progression and players bouncing back after a rough game/month/year normally. When Tony Grimes (who reclassified and went to UNC early) did that to Wiggins I vowed right then and there that I would never say another positive thing about awigiins again. Idc if he catches 3Tds and goes for 175 against Bama.... I will give all the credit to King for it.

Advertisement
I think Pope catches more heat than Wiggins because he was supposed to be a superstar and it just hasnt happened. Wiggins I think from all reports coming out of Southridge was always a work in progress. Probably should have been graded a 3* if not for his size and speed.

That said, and ill say it again, one of them will transfer out after Spring is over. I dont see both staying once they get PT taken from them by Rambo let alone one of the younger guys. Rambo is here to take Pope's spot so thats who I am leaning toward predicting is the one to go.

Facts. The Pope slander is as hard as it is partially due to his HS ranking. As disappointing as he was, Dee was worse.

At this point I genuinely believe Dee wears #8 because it’s the only route he can run.
At this point I don't think high school ranking matters anymore. Catch the **** ball

1. Harley
2. Rambo
3. Pope
4. Redding
5. Smith
6. Wiggins
7. Few
8. Payton

Redshirt:

Restrepo, Worsham, Brinson, B. Smith, George

Advertisement
Back