2021 Spring Preview: QB

View as article
Advertisement
Matocha is better than given credit for. His HS highlights were **** good if you ask me. Garcia has drama written all over him. TVD or Matocha take the spot in my opinion. They are hard workers w plus athletic ability and a feel for the position.
I agree on the Matocha take, he's who I have winning the backup job and going into 2022 spring ball as QB1.

However, I'm getting a lot of questions on Jake Garcia's game. Here's my thoughts: I don't see him as a preMadonna type nor drama type due to the fact that while in GA he only transferred due to being ruled ineligible. Now, that being said, do I see him as the type who waits around until his Redshirt Junior season for his shot to start, ABSOLUTELY NOT...but that's the case with most QBs nowadays....after Year 2 if they don't win the job in spring of Junior season they're likely portal bound...just wait to see what happens if Matocha runs away with the backup job and/or if Garcia appears at or close to TVDs level...regardless the loser of the Spring 2022 QB battle between Matocha/TVD will 95% transfer. Then that leaves Garcia and (hopefully Jacurri Brown) as the two guys battling for the backup job.

I agree. Matocha is going to be one of the huge surprises in college football.
Was starting to think I was like 1 of 2 ppl that actually think Matocha has a realistic shot. Haven't seen much of TVD or Matocha but I almost IMMEDIATELY got the "he's scared" vibes from TVD every time he stepped on the field in a game. Coaches need to make these backups live during scrimmages so they can see who's who.

Advertisement
Matocha is better than given credit for. His HS highlights were **** good if you ask me. Garcia has drama written all over him. TVD or Matocha take the spot in my opinion. They are hard workers w plus athletic ability and a feel for the position.
Drama why? From all accounts players love him and he is a great teammate.

HS transfers? One transfer was because his HS team was ruled ineligible for playoffs, another transfer was because the State of California closed down football, and another transfer was because of some obscure Georgia rule that ruled him ineligible. None of that is his fault.

Long Beach Poly (legit transer) -> Narbonne (team ineligible) -> La Habra (State closed down) -> Valdosta (State ruled him ineligible) -> Grayson

So if one legit transfer after freshman season is drama, then idk what to call South Florida HS players that transfer every year.

HS transfers? One transfer was because his HS team was ruled ineligible for playoffs, another transfer was because the State of California closed down football, and another transfer was because of some obscure Georgia rule that ruled him ineligible. None of that is his fault.

Long Beach Poly (legit transer) -> Narbonne (team ineligible) -> La Habra (State closed down) -> Valdosta (State ruled him ineligible) -> Grayson

So if one legit transfer after freshman season is drama, then idk what to call South Florida HS players that transfer every year.
Just a gut feeling. I hope I’m wrong cause he definitely seems like a baller on the field.

King, TVD, Matocha and Garcia... good problem to have
FFBD972E-34A8-48E5-8540-5669C330E552.jpeg

Advertisement
We need another spring arm

There are walk-on quarterbacks. Every team has them for when you want to rest possible starter/backup arms, or when you have several groupings of receivers (etc), during times like spring practice. Should be OK with TVD, Matocha, and probably some Garcia mixed in at the end(?), plus the extra arms

Dogs, of course

Advertisement
Back