2021 South Miami Senior ATH Miller lands offer from Banda, details recruitment

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Two weeks back, 2021 South Miami Senior (FL) ATH Tavoris Miller landed an offer from UM and safeties coach Ephraim Banda after finishing basketball practice.

“My football coach called me and said I have an offer from ‘The U’ - I was happy,” Miller said. “Later, coach Banda called and told me. I felt great getting the offer.”

Most schools are recruiting Miller as an athlete than could end up at WR or DB down the line, but he says that right now, Miami prefers him on defense. He also returned kicks for the Cobras last season.

“[Banda] asked me what I play, and I told him I can do it all,” Miller said. “But I do like the defense they run and I just love Miami.”

Other FBS schools that have offered Miller so far include FAU and Southern Miss, although he says he is in regular contact with FSU and Syracuse as well. He was at Hard Rock Stadium to see Miami take on Central Michigan in September, and is hoping to make a visit to UM soon to see the campus. He currently has no planned decision timeframe.

“I have just been talking to coaches. I’m still thinking about where I’ll visit, but I will visit Miami. I don’t have visits planned but my coach is taking us during the summer to different colleges,” Miller said.

During the 2019 season, the Cobras had a tough year, finishing 3-8. For his part, Miller felt like he improved his game, and says he increased his size to 6’1” 170 pounds.

“My junior season went good, though I feel like I could have done a lot better,” Millers said. “I play hard, I like to hit, I like to be everywhere on the field. On gameday, I just come ready to give it my all on the field.”

Advertisement
Maybe its just me but the kid is a G5 player. Idk the evaluation process Banda uses but there are several more talented players in the area. His highlights are against some really awful teams.

Would want to see him in the camp circuit to see more of him but the kid isn’t bad i think he can play Fs at the next level. Imo he’s a low 3 star with potential to rise depending on how the next 10 months go.

I think this kid is a beast personally. I would like to see UM take him as a safety, especially if you figure James Williams is not an option.

Advertisement
I think this kid is a beast personally. I would like to see UM take him as a safety, especially if you figure James Williams is not an option.
I was kinda of thinking the same thing as well. One thing is for sure the kid has great instincts and knows football. They have him playing all over the place.

giphy.gif

Wouldve been a spring/camp eval before an offer for me. Who's the last good kid to come out of south miami? real question

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Wouldve been a spring/camp eval before an offer for me. Who's the last good kid to come out of south miami? real question

They are just offering all of them...I know my top 40 Sofla lists aren't bible, but I believe we have offered 35 of them so far. Obv all aren't committable.

I love Miller's tape though.

Advertisement
Back