2021 schedule

Advertisement
I wouldn’t count a night game 100%. Clemson UGA could get that slot...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Possibly, but I doubt they’d want both games at the same time for opening week.
Since they're the same company they will not put competing games on at the same time when they would have all eyes on them for 8 hours straight. If one of games was on CBS then I could see both being night games.

The defending national champs playing their season opener will almost certainly be on ABC at 8:00.

I wouldn’t count a night game 100%. Clemson UGA could get that slot...
All due respect to Clemson and Georgia, Miami v Alabama is a historical matchup. Yes, Clemson and UGA have been much better than Miami, but for a classic matchup to start off the season, it's the Canes v Bama all the way. Plus, Miami will be ranked pretty high going into that game.

Advertisement
All due respect to Clemson and Georgia, Miami v Alabama is a historical matchup. Yes, Clemson and UGA have been much better than Miami, but for a classic matchup to start off the season, it's the Canes v Bama all the way. Plus, Miami will be ranked pretty high going into that game.
Conceited GIF by memecandy

We've played Alabama twice since 1980, both in title games.

Jan 1, 1990 Sugar Bowl We won 33-25
Jan 1, 1993 Sugar Bowl We lost 34-13

There's no way this game isn't getting hyped over Clemson-UGA.

It will be interesting to see how it goes down. Our game may get more of the National Spotlight since we always bring good TV ratings in a game like this and Bama are defending Champs but Clemson and UGA will both probably be ranked in the Top 5

It may come down to something simple like which atmosphere is going to be better stage for television. Television executives may not want to show an empty stadium with no atmosphere. So I will probably say the stadium that sells more tickets by August will probably get the nod

Advertisement
That is a night game...Chik Fil A kickoff special
Both could be night games. One on ESPN and the other on ABC. Difference would be one would kickoff at 7/730 and the other at 8pm.
While I get your reasoning I highly doubt it would be with two of the top tier SEC teams. I’m saying with confidence these games will not be playing during the same time slot or even overlap.

Possibly, but I doubt they’d want both games at the same time for opening week.
True. Most likely one will be at the 3:30 ABC slot and the other at the 8pm ABC slot.

Clemson-UGA is the box office game though, but let me tell, if we're in it vs Bama at halftime, if these games air at the same time those Clemson-UGA viewers will absolutely tune in to see if our Canes can pull it off. We need to muck up the game like UNC did vs Clemson 2 years ago

Advertisement
Back