2021 RB Jaylen Wright receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Wright-46099206/

6'0 190lbs 3-star RB out of Durham NC, goes to 3A school Southern.

Dual sport athlete that plays football & runs track, he's a National Junior Olympic 400m champion & was the 2019 indoor 55m state champion in North Carolina. Ran a 6.25 in the 55m, 10.85 in the 100m & 21.98 in the 200. He also competes in the 300, 400 & 500m, legit track athlete.

Had a solid Junior season with 901yds & 5TD's at 10.1ypc off just 89 carries.

He's an elusive jump cut speed back with homerun hitting ability, you can see he's a sprinter in his running style, once he hits the hole & see's the daylight he's gone. The one knock is he runs too upright like most track athletes do at RB, needs to get his pad level down in college & you always have to wonder about toughness & physicality with the pure track stars that play football, but otherwise he can be a good change of pace back in college that can be used in the screen game.

Holds offers from Tenn, AZ St, FAU & Rutgers.

Advertisement
Lol, no I think he just mistakenly believes our school mascot is a Duck.

I'm about 1,000% certain if you asked the average 17 year old around the country if they knew the difference between an Ibis & a Duck, the answer would be a resounding no.

Ugh I knew it. I wouldn’t doubt for a second that 99.99% of kids have no idea what an ibis is and if it’s a duck or not. But **** it’s depressing that kids, even in NC, don’t know that Miami is the Hurricanes and/or isn’t the Ducks or Ibis’s hahah

Advertisement
QB David Garrard also went to Southern High School. They are the Spartans.

I wish Xavier Smith from Durham Jordan would put the pads back on. Earlier this year, he ran a 6.50 as a 10th grader, and the only 10th grader in the field, and finished third behind Wright and Lampkin. Smith played DB as a youngster and was a stud. Excellent hurdler too who also owns a 100m national record for 13-14 boys.

QB David Garrard also went to Southern High School. They are the Spartans.

I wish Xavier Smith from Durham Jordan would put the pads back on. Earlier this year, he ran a 6.50 as a 10th grader, and the only 10th grader in the field, and finished third behind Wright and Lampkin. Smith played DB as a youngster and was a stud. Excellent hurdler too who also owns a 100m national record for 13-14 boys.
Good insight.

Advertisement
Some notes from Ivins' interview with him:

Wright might not be ready to name a top group of schools, but he claims that it's "mandatory" for a school to allow him to run in college.

"All of the schools I have heard from have said the same thing – they love my speed," Wright said. "The coaches all think that I will fit their offenses."

Wright is scheduled to meet with the Volunteers on March 7th up in Knoxville. He's hoping to get down to Florida State on March 8th before making his way out to Tempe on March 24th to check out the Sun Devils.

He is also waiting to see what kind of track scholarships he is offered. These tend to come later in the spring - around April.

Not an exaggerated up right style to be concerned with. His speed and cutting ability are excellent and that's what matters.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Wright-46099206/

6'0 190lbs 3-star RB out of Durham NC, goes to 3A school Southern.

Dual sport athlete that plays football & runs track, he's a National Junior Olympic 400m champion & was the 2019 indoor 55m state champion in North Carolina. Ran a 6.25 in the 55m, 10.85 in the 100m & 21.98 in the 200. He also competes in the 300, 400 & 500m, legit track athlete.

Had a solid Junior season with 901yds & 5TD's at 10.1ypc off just 89 carries.

He's an elusive jump cut speed back with homerun hitting ability, you can see he's a sprinter in his running style, once he hits the hole & see's the daylight he's gone. The one knock is he runs too upright like most track athletes do at RB, needs to get his pad level down in college & you always have to wonder about toughness & physicality with the pure track stars that play football, but otherwise he can be a good change of pace back in college that can be used in the screen game.

Holds offers from Tenn, AZ St, FAU & Rutgers.

I grew up in Durham aka The Bull City

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back