2021 QB

miamian01

Recruit
Without the pandemic, we would be in a better situation with our recruiting at the position. As with other positions, a lot of commitments are placeholders or situations that the prospect is comfortable with. Most are local or a campus where the prospect has been.

Here are a few prospects that I think Miami is serious about. Remember this would’ve been the evaluation period. So more and more prospects would be unearthed.

Aaron McLaughlin, 6’5 220 Alpharetta, GA(Denmark)
Main Comp: NC State and Louisville

Miller Moss, 6’2 200 Mission Hills, CA(Bishop Alemany)
Main Comp: Alabama, LSU, UCLA, USC

Dematrius Davis, 6’0 195 Houston, TX(North Shore)
Main Comp: Auburn

I understand why McLaughlin would be the choice in a mock class. He’s the most likely, if based off process of elimination. Moss has eliminated us for all intents and purposes. Davis is leaving Texas. Lashlee and Co. will find their guy. They are in contact with committed prospects as well as others.

Advertisement
I think you have to include Bubba Chandler as well. He will definitely get an offer soon.

in order of how I'd like the board to look
1 - Jalen Milroe (I hope we go all out for him)
2 - Davis (Davis would not be a bad fall back option at all, but prefer Milroe)
3 - depending on the status of JT Daniels or Taulia, bring one of them in if they can be ready to go for 2021
4 - McLaughlin or another prospect that comes up down the line (not a huge fan of McLaughlin and don't think he fits Lashlee's offense as well

Advertisement
Jalen Milroe is at the top of the board, we're recruiting him the hardest...

& McLaughlin is heading to NC St as of now. We only make a push for McLaughlin if we miss on our other top targets.

I agree with this. I think Davis is right behind Milroe.

All these other guys are prospects Lashlee is still evaluating....They remind me of Enos taking Matocha.

And then there's Taulia... maybe he and the staff come to some agreement. That could affect our chances with Milroe and Davis. IDK

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those who follow South Florida prospects, are there any good QBs in the next few years?

Actually there are, most of them are about average height though so I think that’ll affect their recruitment sort of like the QB at University School. Some really good talent coming up nonetheless

Jalen Milroe is at the top of the board, we're recruiting him the hardest...

& McLaughlin is heading to NC St as of now. We only make a push for McLaughlin if we miss on our other top targets.

I can't see Milroe leaving state of Texas nor decommiting from UT.
Despite being 5 months old this gives great insight into the young man's decision process.

Go Canes

Advertisement
If Texas takes another QB commitment, I see him decommitting.

Also McLaughlin should be committing to NC State any day now

Advertisement
Back