2021 QB Lucas Coley

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Lucas-Coley-46058299/

6'1 205lbs 3-star QB out of San Antonio TX, goes to private school Cornerstone Christian.

A dual sport athlete that runs track & plays football.

He's a sleeper the 21 class at QB, an under the radar kid who hadn't played much his Fresh/Soph year at Judson, then transferred to Cornerstone Christian his Junior season & lit it up.

He's in the same mold of the new era QB's that are wild gunslingers with live arms, but also have very good mobility & can make plays as runners. He's a legit athlete, ran a 11.35 in the 100m & a 23.3 in the 200, now that's not blazing speed for a WR/DB but for a QB that's more than fast & you see it translate on his tape, he's a legitimate dual threat that can make impact plays on designed Zone read runs or scrambling while under duress. He's got very quick feet for a QB, the run @:38 & the run @1:31 on his film is stuff you simply cannot teach, explosiveness & quick lateral agility to make defenders miss on a whim while housing it.

He's got gifted natural arm talent & is an excellent thrower. He shows very good velocity on the ball, throws straight darts & makes impressive deep throws effortlessly. Has touch & anticipation on the intermediate routes over the middle, quick trigger release & generates very good torque from his upper body to deliver the ball to all parts of the field, can make every throw. He makes lots off scripts plays & shows great improvisational skills throwing on the run & has elusive escapability in the pocket. He's much more of a polished passer than expected because he's been coached by Yale Vannoy at his QB academy in San Antonio who has worked with lots of HS/college QB's in the region.

He put on a very good showing on the Camp circuit earlier playing for Texas Smoke 7v7 & wound up winning the MVP at the Houston Rivals camp back in February, a camp that featured nearly every other TX QB in the 21 class ranked ahead of him, but he stood out & consistently made impressive wow throws.

His recruitment started out slow but has recently began to pickup steam with more offer, some high octane OC's are taking notice of his tape. He's a 3-star late riser that got a bump up 10 spots in ranking & is picking up steam.

Holds offers from Arkansas (Briles), UCF (Heupel) USF (Jeff Scott), Wash St, Hawaii (Rolovich offered him at both Hawaii/Wash St), San Diego St, Utah St (Jordan Love's school), Louisiana (Billy Napier), Western Kentucky (Tyson Helton), North Texas (Seth Litrell), Houston & Liberty.

Advertisement

He was supposed to be announcing his commitment on Tuesday, but pushed his commitment back, most believe Arkansas was going to get the commit, but Ark just got a QB commit from a local QB Landon Rogers 2 weeks ago.

Obviously, Nussmeier, Milroe, Davis etc are the top guys on the board, but he's a kid I think we could offer & pursue later if things don't work out with the other targets.

Advertisement
Kaidon Salter looks to be heading towards Tennessee He is going to announce soon, too
Yup, he'll be announcing to them next week.

Miss St, Va Tech, UVA, Mich St, Memphis, Iowa St, Pitt, Illinois & Tenn all will have QB commits from TX in this class.

Advertisement
QBs that aren’t productive in HS scare the **** out of me. Sitkowski being the most recent example.

I agree, but he is a real outlier. Not only was he not productive, he wasn't even effective.

In other words, in actual games, not only did he not do sh**, he couldn't do sh**.

I agree, but he is a real outlier. Not only was he not productive, he wasn't even effective.

In other words, in actual games, not only did he not do sh**, he couldn't do sh**.

I remember streaming the IMG games being stunned on how terrible he was. I know his team in NJ ran the triple option so I gave him a pass on that tape but watching him spike 5 yard slants was embarrassing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Myzell Miller, Tadion Lott, etc...
- Jace Amaro who went to TTech & played TE in the NFL
- Quintin Demps who went to UTEP & was NFL RB for a bunch of teams
- Ty Detmer who went to BYU, won a Heisman & set all kinds of passing records in college
- Cedric Griffin who went to Texas, was on the Vince Young national championship team & played CB for the Vikings
- Aaron Ross who went to Texas, was on the VY national championship team & played CB for the Giants
- Priest Holmes who went to Texas & played in the NFL for the Ravens & Chiefs
- Rob Housler who went to FAU & played TE in the NFL with the Cardinals & Browns
- Sam Hurd who went to Northern Illinois & played WR for the Cowboys & Bears, also is currently sitting in the Feds for Drug trafficking lol
- Corey Robinson who went to Notre Dame & played WR for them, David Robinson's son
- Phillip Gaines who went to Rice & plays CB in the NFL for the Chiefs, Browns & Texans

And many others are all from or played High School ball in San Antonio.

Advertisement
Back