2021 QB Kyron Drones

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyron-Drones-46081020/

6'2 195lbs 3-star QB out of Pearland TX, goes to 5A Shadow Creek, one of the best schools in the state (Same school as 2020 4-star Safety Xavien Alford & 2020 4-star DE Alec Bryant)

Was originally at Pearland HS then transferred to Shadow Creek. Dual Sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball.

Had a great Junior season with 3,402yds 46TD's 10INT's with 825yds & 18TD's rushing. Giving him a total of 64 TD's in a season, while leading his team to an undefeated State championship title.

Has a big arm, delivers the ball with velocity & has a lightning quick release, gets rid of the ball effortlessly. Is a true dual threat being equally as dangerous as a runner as he is a passer, but is not a run first QB. He'll run if he has to, but does not bail out of the pocket at the first sign of trouble. Fits perfectly in the uptempo college spread, is basically playing on the same offense in HS.

His Dad is the DL coach at Shadow Creek, reminds me a lot of Jalen Hurts who's dad was also a HS coach.

His only major offers are Houston & Utah St.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wouldn't be surprised - at all - if our '21 class QB commit is from TX.

Honestly, I expect it at this point.

Always some good ones and hidden gems in that state.
8 current NFL starters are from Texas & that's not even counting how many of them are starters in college.

If you're looking for a QB, TX, Arizona & Hawaii are producing the best.

Cali still does too, but Cali QB's are much harder to get.

Advertisement
Tbh looks like this kid has a higher ceiling than the QB from North Shore. Tape definitely doesn't match the 3 star ranking imo. These are the type of kids I expect Lashlee to go after.
His ratings will rise once he hits the camp circuit & gets more eyes on him.

He's just now going through the eval process for a lot of schools, but his offers will blow up this summer.

8 current NFL starters are from Texas & that's not even counting how many of them are starters in college.

If you're looking for a QB, TX, Arizona & Hawaii are producing the best.

Cali still does too, but Cali QB's are much harder to get.
Georgia is definitely in their too.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyron-Drones-46081020/

6'2 195lbs 3-star QB out of Pearland TX, goes to 5A Shadow Creek, one of the best schools in the state (Same school as 2020 4-star Safety Xavien Alford & 2020 4-star DE Alec Bryant)

Was originally at Pearland HS then transferred to Shadow Creek. Dual Sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball.

Had a great Junior season with 3,402yds 46TD's 10INT's with 825yds & 18TD's rushing. Giving him a total of 64 TD's in a season, while leading his team to an undefeated State championship title.

Has a big arm, delivers the ball with velocity & has a lightning quick release, gets rid of the ball effortlessly. Is a true dual threat being equally as dangerous as a runner as he is a passer, but is not a run first QB. He'll run if he has to, but does not bail out of the pocket at the first sign of trouble. Fits perfectly in the uptempo college spread, is basically playing on the same offense in HS.

His Dad is the DL coach at Shadow Creek, reminds me a lot of Jalen Hurts who's dad was also a HS coach.

His only major offers are Houston & Utah St.

That release doe

Advertisement
Came here hoping we offered. I'd take this kid over any of the dudes Lashlee has been targeting lately. I mean, look at the highlight tape. That oline looks familiar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid is definitely going to blow up and very soon. We need to swoop in with that offer before the big dogs come hunting. The release, the cannon arm, the quick feet? What’s not to live about him, including his last name 😂

Came here hoping we offered. I'd take this kid over any of the dudes Lashlee has been targeting lately. I mean, look at the highlight tape. That oline looks familiar.

Man, can't believe I'm agreeing with you, but I am.

The interior OL looks decent, but those tackles gonna get that boy killed.

Would love to see what he could do behind a good OL.

We need Moss to commit to LSU and Nussmeier might just fall in our laps...

Advertisement
Back