2021 QB Eddie Lee Marburger

Advertisement
1605836516850.png

More impressed by the fact UTSA has 8 (EIGHT) QBs on the roster, How does this makes any sense? I'm sure a few are probably walk-ons, but still

Advertisement
The physical tools are there he just needs to refine them and continue to develop. He's a one-read QB right now. He wasn't scanning the field or going through his progression. He can throw with touch and he can definitely drive the ball downfield. He's a good athlete who can rip off 20+ yard gains against aggressive defenses which is always a plus.

Honestly, his film impresses me more than Matocha's film. He's worth a closer look.

One thing bringing in a kid such as this does is make your scout team better. We play a lot of spread teams with athletic QBs. You need to have someone on your scout team to give the defense a good look. I'd bring this kid in for that reason alone. Practicing against him daily would give our first-team defense a real challenge in practice, make them better and more prepared on game days.

Advertisement
If it's not Jake Garcia, Rhett Lashlee don't give AF. It's become obvious by now lol. Can't believe our recruits and coaching staff went all out on that dude like he was Trevor Lawrence or some **** while QBs who actually want to play here like Braylon Braxton get no love.

Jarren Williams, N'Kosi Perry & Cade Weldon were all takes based on name & obviously went on to have great careers.

Lol, you guys are hilarious.
Those are all low key bad names.

You wouldn't recruit Jarren Williams in NCAA14. I wouldn't either. You'd move N'Kosi Perry to WR and boost his CTH in your Louisiana-Monroe builder dynasty.. Cade Weldon? Backup Fullback for Navy.

Advertisement
Not even going to watch the tape, brother.

No one named EDDIE LEE MARBURGER is starting at QB in the Power 5.

1 Star Name.
Au contraire. That’s the thing about him I like the most. Wish the film showed him regularly looking at more than 1 receiver tho.

Advertisement

6'2 195lbs 3-star QB out of Mission TX, goes to 5A school Sharyland Pioneer.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball.

Had an outstanding Junior season where he threw for 4,505yds 58TD's & 5INT's at 66%cmp with 1,009yds & 16TD's rushing at 8.8 yards per carry. Leading his team to an 11-2 record & was the district 16 5A-II MVP.

In Basketball averaged 7.3ppg 3.7rpg & 1.7 steals per game, shooting 48% from the field.

He's lanky framed athletic kid with a big arm, has next level arm talent, a quick trigger release, has good velocity on the ball & is a terrific Deep ball thrower. He can throw on the move in rollout plays & delivers with zip into tight windows like @2:25 on his Junior tape with the nice Bang-8. Can make college/NFL level throws, back shoulders, deep outs & comebacks to the opposite side of the hashes. Accurate precise passer with a loose arm & deep field depth throws. He's a very good athlete, has exceptional coordinated feet (Basketball feet @DMoney) & can house designed QB runs for TD's with surprisingly quick breakaway speed & burst in the open field. Displays good escapability in the pocket & maintains good eyes down the field while evading pressure. He's the quintessential dual-threat style QB & plays in an uptempo high octane offense in HS.

Fits the mold of the exact kinds of QB's that have been thriving in college & excelling onto the pro levels, small school under the radar types with + athletic traits & once in college with more physical development playing in an offense conducive to productivity puts up big numbers & outshines higher ranked kids who may have peaked in HS. The Zach Wilson's, Desmond Ridder's, Trey Lance's, Mahomes etc of world. (All played Basketball in HS too)

Through the first 2 games of the season this year has already thrown for 702yds 8TD's 2INT's at 67.8% with 226yds rushing & 4TD's.
(His district has only played 2 games thus far due Covid cancellations).

He's from deep Southwest Texas down in Hidalgo county just 30min from the border near Reynosa Mexico. Currently committed to UTSA & was recruited by their QB's coach Barry Lunney Jr who's a fellow Arkansas native & disciple like Rhett Lashlee.

He reminds me of Dustin Crum, who like the aforementioned QB's above, was low rated coming out of HS but has had exponential development & been very good in college. And like Crum, has a big arm & very good mobility. Eddie Lee is an even more polished passer coming out of HS though.

Current 3-star with an 83 rating, holds a P5 offer from Colorado.

this is a heck of a find, LCE.

i like this kid's tape. totally looks like he fits the Lashlee system. good stuff to work with here.

Advertisement
Back