2021 QB Bubba Chandler lands offer from Lashlee, talks Canes

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2021 QB Bubba Chandler from North Oconee (GA) added an offer from Miami on Wednesday after a conversation with offensive coordinator and QB coach Rhett Lashlee.

“It was pretty cool. The U is somewhere that I’ve always wanted to play. It’s pretty sweet. Coach Lashlee called me and we talked a little bit, had a good conversation about all kinds of sports and all kinds of things. Then he gave me my offer and we talked a little bit longer.”

Chandler, a former University of Georgia baseball commit, is looking to play both football and baseball at the next level. Coach Lashlee made it clear Miami is more than fine with that.

“He talked about baseball and said they would love to have me because I'm a pretty decent baseball player and also they wouldn’t have to spend a scholarship.”

As for the decision to focus on football at the next level as well, rather than just baseball, Chandler said this.

“I’ve always loved football, first off. Also the fact that I feel like I was limiting my abilities just going to college and playing baseball.”

The 6-4 195 pound passer is still building a relationship with coach Lashlee, but Chandler is aware of what Lashlee helped accomplish when he was at Auburn.

“I know he was at Auburn with Cam (Newton) and Nick Marshall and you saw the points and production they put up there.”

What does Chandler want to get out of his relationship with coach Lashlee?

“Just keep on getting to know him. He seems like a great guy from the conversations we've had. He can relate to me because he played multiple sports in high school and knows the grind. He knows some of the coaches that have recruited me for baseball. From coaching at other schools, he's met a bunch of those guys. That sparks up good conversations.”

Chandler does not have a specific style of offense that he wants to play in, and he says he just wants his skills to be put to good use.

“I have a pretty good arm and I can run a good amount too, so things like RPO’s and a lot of passing and anything that can help me use the attributes that I have.”

Being a potential dual-sport college athlete, Chandler is basing his decision off of the success of the football and baseball programs at each school.

“I am going to look at both baseball and football, how good they are now, the recruiting classes, all that stuff.”

As for a commitment, Chandler is hoping to make a decision before the start of the school year but is not locked into that time frame. He will also not be enrolling early at the school of his choice because he has unfinished business on the baseball diamond.

“I play baseball and that’s during the spring. I missed this season because of the coronavirus so I am definitely going to play another year of high school baseball.”

Advertisement

Hmmmm something about him just doesn't say south Florida locker room. But his on field highlights are very good.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Perhaps non south Florida is EXACTLY what we need as our locker room leader...........

What Miami needs is 2021 QB Miller Moss, but as mentioned he eliminated UM and may even reclassify to the 2020 Class if California cancels high school football this fall.

Go Canes

He already decommitted from UGA baseball.

While I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Clemson, simply because they've already put some time into building a relationship with him and there are connections with his HS coaches, I don't think it's a given. He doesn't have an offer from Auburn

Hopefully he is fully recovered from his shoulder injuries he had during the tail end of his junior season causing him to miss a playoff game. Hopefully not playing baseball this spring gave him additional to to rehab and strengthen his shoulder.

Go Canes

What Miami needs is 2021 QB Miller Moss, but as mentioned he eliminated UM and may even reclassify to the 2020 Class if California cancels high school football this fall.

Go Canes
THIS KID I LOVE

Advertisement
Really California is going to shut down everything thru the fall, doesn't matter any kid with a goal of playing college football or any sport will be gone. If you are on scholarship for any sport in college, why the **** would you wait this nonsense out : move to another college, or high school . There is going to be such an exodus out of California like you won't believe, even the illegals will be booking the state. These idiots are doing more damage to the state than any virus ever did .

Really California is going to shut down everything thru the fall, doesn't matter any kid with a goal of playing college football or any sport will be gone. If you are on scholarship for any sport in college, why the **** would you wait this nonsense out : move to another college, or high school . There is going to be such an exodus out of California like you won't believe, even the illegals will be booking the state. These idiots are doing more damage to the state than any virus ever did .

Not true

Only schools shut down are ones part of the CSU system. That is Fresno State, SDSU, San Jose State, and FCS Sacramento State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back