2021 OT Rosas lands UM offer, plans Paradise visit

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2021 Sierra Vista (CA) 3-star OT Anthony Rosas currently has 10 FBS offers, but picked up a key verbal scholarship from one of his favorite schools when Miami Hurricanes Director of Recruiting David Cooney gave him some good news last Friday.

"Coach Cooney was just telling me about the way the program was run and how I would fit into their scheme. I liked the way he made me feel welcomed talking to him," Rosas said. "It was exciting knowing I had the offer, Miami has always been a school that I have always liked. I have serious interest in Miami."

With the Canes looking for any kind of help on their often-maligned OL, UM’s search for quality linemen has brought them all the way out to the west coast. Rosas says he is intrigued at the thought of becoming a Hurricane and is aware of other players from the area finding success at Miami.

"It’s 'the U', Miami has the 'it' factor and a lot of a tradition. I know that California kids like Brad Kaaya have had success there," Rosas said. "The swag they play with always made me interested.

The 6-4 270 pound prospect has plans to follow up with a camp visit this summer to prove himself in front of the Miami staff and Cooney has already invited Rosas to UM's biggest event of the off-season.

"I’ll be taking a visit down there, probably for Paradise Camp," Rosas said.

Elsewhere in his recruitment, Rosas has offers from schools such as FSU, UF, Auburn, Penn State, and Colorado among others.

"I only have one scheduled visit so far and it’s to Colorado at the end of the month," Rosas said. "I have no top group as of now, but Miami is definitely up there, though."

Paving the way up front for a strong rushing attack while working mainly at right tackle, Rosas helped lead Sierra Vista to an undefeated 10-0 regular season. While the Dons fell in the second round of the playoffs, falling short of their ultimate goal, Rosas still feels he played well on the field, something backed up by the increase in college attention.

"The season went good, our team finished 11-1," Rosas said. "My performance was good, but there's always room for improvement. I had a lot of pancakes."

While Rosas is going to take the process slow and plans no decision date as of now, he does anticipate a few factors that he knows will attract him to his program of choice. Playing a big part in Rosas' choice will be Sierra Vista offensive coordinator Matt Villasenor, a coach who is known for his connections with college recruiters and takes an extra role in helping his players navigate the recruiting process.

"Coach Matt will be helping me in my decision," Rosas said. "Distance isn’t a factor, it's about who can develop me on the field and off the field. Whatever is the best fit for me."

Advertisement
Thank you Stefan. I wanna see a lot of offers to linemen, then again there is uncertainty as to who is going to be our ol coach and whoever it be I'm sure he would like to see them first before personally offering them. In the meantime our recruiting dept. better start offering the top ones that are interested in us NOW before it's too late.
:stormwarningflag-sm:

Central CA area.
Lotta underrated talent in these areas, but you gotta be able to scout it accordingly, b/c it’s a lot of poor talent in this area, as well, being that the comp is not the best.

Area known for hard workers. Usually the kids worth a darn don’t like to leave to far from home, hence schools like Fresno St, UCLA, Washington St, Nevada (Reno) & now even San Jose St become the benefactors.

Now that we’ve offered, I’ll be paying closer attention to the kid.

How many in the state Florida OL have 2021 offers? Great offering a Cali kid. I hope we get him. I also hope we aren’t going to wait until singing day to have a backup for the backup for the backup of the backup for this offer.

Central CA area.
Lotta underrated talent in these areas, but you gotta be able to scout it accordingly, b/c it’s a lot of poor talent in this area, as well, being that the comp is not the best.

Area known for hard workers. Usually the kids worth a darn don’t like to leave to far from home, hence schools like Fresno St, UCLA, Washington St, Nevada (Reno) & now even San Jose St become the benefactors.

OL coach Joe Bernardi at SJSU is a young an upcoming coach who is turning those lumps of coals into rough diamonds. Miami should at the very least bring him for interview as new OL coach. He is Pat Hill ( Fresno State as a player) and Chip Kelly disciple (as a coach at Oregon)

Go Canes

Advertisement
Top 8 of Miami, UNLV, Colorado, Maryland, Penn State, Kansas and Arizona State.

Central CA area.

Are you talking about you live in Central CA? Because Sierra Vista HS is in Baldwin Park (Los Angeles)

Are you talking about you live in Central CA? Because Sierra Vista HS is in Baldwin Park (Los Angeles)

Brotha; I’m hellllllla tripping. Lol. This **** is from the barrios of East LA. LMAO. I was thinking of the Sierra Vista High in Tulare, CA....and that didn’t make any sense b/c that’s a Freggin charter school. Smh.

My fault. I’m literally cracking up. Man, good call out. Still going to pay attention to him, but with him being from the East Los area of So. Cal, he makes for an interesting prospect. Not too many studs come out of East Los lately, but his offers r indeed legit.

Advertisement
Back