2021 OT Caleb Johnson receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Johnson-46082805/

6'7 295lbs 3-star OT from out of Ocala, goes to 3A school Trinity Catholic

He's a big athletic lineman, true prototype LT. This kid has phenomenal footwork, he moves very well getting to the 2nd level & physical finisher that plays to the echo of the whistle. He anchors well & shows good strength, once he gets his hands on you you're moving where he wants you to go. One of my favorite OL's in the 21 class.

High 3-star with a 88 rating, 4-stars are 89 & up, so he's definitely a kid that will raise in the rankings as the camp circuit takes place.

Holds offers from Auburn, Ole Miss, FSU, UVA, Kentucky, Arkansas, West Va, Indiana, Louisville, GTech, Pitt, Cuse, Duke, Wazzu & UCF

Advertisement

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Johnson-46082805/

6'7 295lbs 3-star OT from out of Ocala, goes to 3A school Trinity Catholic

He's a big athletic lineman, true prototype LT. This kid has phenomenal footwork, he moves very well getting to the 2nd level & physical finisher that plays to the echo of the whistle. He anchors well & shows good strength, once he gets his hands on you you're moving where he wants you to go. One of my favorite OL's in the 21 class.

High 3-star with a 88 rating, 4-stars are 89 & up, so he's definitely a kid that will raise in the rankings as the camp circuit takes place.

Holds offers from Auburn, Ole Miss, FSU, UVA, Kentucky, Arkansas, West Va, Indiana, Louisville, GTech, Pitt, Cuse, Duke, Wazzu & UCF

Thank you for the overview LCE! Looks like a potential excellent addition to our 2021 recruiting class.

****. How is this kid only three stars. He has all the traits you look for in a stud OT: length, bend, twitch, explosiveness, fluidity, athleticism, good feet and a nasty streak. The only negatives I saw is he tends to play high but you expect from a kid his age and size. And he allows kids to get into his body sometimes. Need to use that dominating length and reach consistently.

After a year or two in the conditioning program this kid will be a monster. If he comes to Miami he would definitely play year one baring injury.

The early ratings don't mean a whole lot.

New faces will emerge all the time that get added and players who were rated too high will slide.

****. How is this kid only three stars. He has all the traits you look for in a stud OT: length, bend, twitch, explosiveness, fluidity, athleticism, good feet and a nasty streak. The only negatives I saw is he tends to play high but you expect from a kid his age and size. And he allows kids to get into his body sometimes. Need to use that dominating length and reach consistently.

After a year or two in the conditioning program this kid will be a monster. If he comes to Miami he would definitely play year one baring injury.

Advertisement
Holy smoke Liberty, the kid is a massive beast!!! With an offer sheet he’s got it’s going to be difficult to snag him out from under UF’s nose but I think Justice will show he’s a much, much better OL Coach than Searles or Barry were, combined. Kid has all the traits of a great OT as many have said here. Would absolutely love him blocking for TVD...

Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic OT Caleb Johnson is a priority target for the Miami Hurricanes this cycle.

And that goes for several other schools - along with UM programs he says he’s in touch with on a weekly basis include Alabama, Auburn, Arizona State, Florida State, LSU and USF.

“There’s a good bunch,” Johnson said.

And he’s not narrowing down his list just yet.

“I’m still considering every school, I haven’t gotten the time to go to every school,” Johnson said.

Johnson visited UM as a sophomore with his school and says he will “definitely” be back for a visit with his family once the virus threat is over.

“They’re in Florida, so it’s not like it’s so far away, and I still need to get to know a lot of their coaches more,” Johnson said. “But we’re sharing videos and they’re critiquing me and helping me out.”

Two days ago Johnson worked out with his father on a nearby field and texted video from the workout to a group chat he has going with Cane coaches.

“They gave us feedback on what to do, how to improve technique,” Johnson said. “It was really cool.”

He’s building a relationship with line coach Garin Justice and say “I really like him a lot. We do a lot of O line talk, basically. And we have a group chat with him and the staff, probably three or four coaches so we can talk to them all at the same time.”

Advertisement
What impressed me was he can pull and seal with intent , this is an athletic dude very rare means he has great eye to feet coordination.

If your on D and left alone and your about to penetrate and this dude comes calling OMG an knocks your block off....

GET THIS BEAST

Legit one of my favorite OT's in this class.

Both Caleb & his teammate Garner Langlo are kids I hope we pursue heavily. The both of them have really good technique & exceptional footwork & are ahead of most HS kids in terms pure blocking ability.

Caleb in particular is nasty, he's a kid that will be ahead of schedule if you get him on campus as an EE & in your strength program, has very high upside & is the kind of prospect that takes someone job after a year in the program.

Really hope Coach Justice pulls this off 🙏🏾

Legit one of my favorite OT's in this class.

Both Caleb & his teammate Garner Langlo are kids I hope we pursue heavily. The both of them have really good technique & exceptional footwork & are ahead of most HS kids in terms pure blocking ability.

Caleb in particular is nasty, he's a kid that will be ahead of schedule if you get him on campus as an EE & in your strength program, has very high upside & is the kind of prospect that takes someone job after a year in the program.

Really hope Coach Justice pulls this off 🙏🏾
garner langlo is being heavily pursued by georgia tech which is a good sign bc their o-line coach had extremely good talent at app state.

Advertisement
I love the effort Coach Justice is putting in. But ND just offered this young man and his family is from Indiana. If that offer becomes commitable Johnson is most likely gone, even if it's the night before signing day. Those Midwesterners from Indiana are fanatical golden domers.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love the effort Coach Justice is putting in. But ND just offered this young man and his family is from Indiana. If that offer becomes commitable Johnson is most likely gone, even if it's the night before signing day. Those Midwesterners from Indiana are fanatical golden domers.

Go Canes

MM family is from Indiana also.

MIAMI definitely needs these type of player's on board.. The Tackle position is a SUPER PRIORITY for this UM coaching staff.. I honestly think IF a OL recruit isn't 6'5" or taller AND a Tackle type, MIAMI shouldn't be recruiting them.. Tackles are the position of need, SO this kid has to be Top Priority..

Advertisement
Back