2021 OL Rodriguez Discusses Recruitment Following Miami Offer

Advertisement

Miami is in position to do really well on the oline this cycle. Eli Sutton a true blue chip OT prospects shows as much interest than any out of state top 150 talent or so has shown in a long time as he frequently visits and has family down in south Florida. Laurence Seymore is obviously elite, this Rodriguez is pretty dang good and that kid Michael McLaughlin has a great frame and is starting to hit his stride and really progress.feel like we have a good shot at all of those guys. Marcus tate is obviously a big name but we have to write him off the board because Clemson commits usually don’t decommit like that whatsoever

Last edited:
D$, That DT dwarfed Rodriguez, who Matthew says is 6'4" 285. Rodriguez handled him with great feet and balance, definitely see why Justice is thinking Center. But is he really that big? Has good raw materials, needs more arm strength which Feeley should be able to address. Just question his frame and body mass.

Miami is in position to do really well on the oline this cycle. Eli Sutton a true blue chip OT prospects so as much interest than any out of state top 150 talent or so has shown in a long time as he frequently visits and has family down in south Florida. Laurence Seymore is obviously elite, this Rodriguez is pretty dang good and that kid Michael McLaughlin has a great frame and is starting to hit his stride and really progress.feel like we have a good shot at all of those guys. Marcus tate is obviously a big name but we have to write him off the board because Clemson commits usually don’t decommit like that whatsoever

I've been pining for an OL coach who can also recruit for a decade. Last guy we had that was any good there was Stoutland, who seemed to be in early and often with the better linemen recruits. I think Justice is going to be that guy.

wrt Rodriguez specifically, he looks like a great addition to the board. But I would want to see more of him before making his offer truly committable. Big Baby is different. That kid just dominates and has been doing so for years.

Advertisement
I've been pining for an OL coach who can also recruit for a decade. Last guy we had that was any good there was Stoutland, who seemed to be in early and often with the better linemen recruits. I think Justice is going to be that guy.

wrt Rodriguez specifically, he looks like a great addition to the board. But I would want to see more of him before making his offer truly committable. Big Baby is different. That kid just dominates and has been doing so for years.
Rodriguez is a take all day, everyone knows About him and he was a key cog blocking for Henry Parrish and he goes against talented dlineman every game

BoxingRobes and Brock, I stand corrected. I just looked at his highlight again and I agree with you he's a take. He shows impressive footwork in his pass blocking against the rush, but also dominates on the run blocks. No surprise he's good at pulling, too.

Last edited:
Miami is in position to do really well on the oline this cycle. Eli Sutton a true blue chip OT prospects shows as much interest than any out of state top 150 talent or so has shown in a long time as he frequently visits and has family down in south Florida. Laurence Seymore is obviously elite, this Rodriguez is pretty dang good and that kid Michael McLaughlin has a great frame and is starting to hit his stride and really progress.feel like we have a good shot at all of those guys. Marcus tate is obviously a big name but we have to write him off the board because Clemson commits usually don’t decommit like that whatsoever
I want a ol class of jc latham, eli sutton, michael McLaughlin, ryan Rodriguez, Laurence Seymoure and then maybe michael marshall

Advertisement
He might be really good, but let's not pretend that DT had horrific balance. Just take kids who are good (and he might), but don't take some ridiculous camp video against a DT who doesn't belong as the end all be all.

Miami must come out of this class with at least 4 OL commits

source.gif

Wow Brock sounds like we have a great list of OL prospects lining up. Just have to show progress from Garin Justice’s coaching and development as well as an electric offense in general and it’s a good sign we could land all 4 plus another 1-2 OL in the 2021 recruiting cycle. I’m pumped, these players have the potential to really elevate our offense for next season and beyond. Winning is contagious, we throw up 9-10 wins and they shall come.

Wow Brock sounds like we have a great list of OL prospects lining up. Just have to show progress from Garin Justice’s coaching and development as well as an electric offense in general and it’s a good sign we could land all 4 plus another 1-2 OL in the 2021 recruiting cycle. I’m pumped, these players have the potential to really elevate our offense for next season and beyond. Winning is contagious, we throw up 9-10 wins and they shall come.
Yeah man I’m excited at what this oline class potentially can be

Advertisement
Watched some his one on ones from the dade vs broward practices. He was working at tackle alot and did ok but seemed that hes much better fit inside. Hope he ends up in class

I feel like the only reason he hasn’t committed is because of Oregon. He either has the offer and cristobal/Mirabal are in his ear (Columbus OL connection) or he’s waiting on the offer. That’s who I would think is our biggest competition for him.

I feel like the only reason he hasn’t committed is because of Oregon. He either has the offer and cristobal/Mirabal are in his ear (Columbus OL connection) or he’s waiting on the offer. That’s who I would think is our biggest competition for him.

Oregon is so far lmao

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back