2021 Michigan Commit Jaydon Hood Still Speaking With Miami

If we have a big season he’ll be here if theres still room. These kids are gonna be flocking to come here when we start winning again. This year is huge.

Advertisement
Hood seems like a great kid. Really hope he's part of this class. I love Chase Smith, as well. Hopefully one of those two pulls the trigger soon.

Hood seems like a great kid. Really hope he's part of this class. I love Chase Smith, as well. Hopefully one of those two pulls the trigger soon.
The Chase Smith recruitment is one I am confused on. I probably missed the news in this but... Legacy, good player, can’t visit anywhere else. Sounds like he has a commitable offer. Strange. That said, I probably missed something along the way that explains this situation like the Fidelity Green Line.

Advertisement
I’m a very visual person.”

Come home, son.
What he wants to see … that can't be done over zoom

money.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist. There's no indication he's the bag type.

“Miami’s recruiting me hard,” Hood said, adding that Stanford and Minnesota are among other programs he’d like to visit. “The Miami coaches, they ask what happens if I can’t visit Michigan? And I say the truth, that I don’t know.”

At the end of the day, would he be comfortable signing with Michigan sight unseen if that has to be the case?

“I’m not sure,” Hood said. “It would be difficult, because I would like to see things. It would be very difficult.

"I talk to my mom, dad about it all the time. I’m not sure. That’s a tough one right there.”

Hood adds that he’s “a very visual person” and that he wants to take all five of his allowed official visits. He’s been relying on virtual tours to this point, but says that doesn’t give him the same perspective as an in-person trip.

Asked if it might benefit the team closer to home if, indeed, he can’t take visits due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Hood responds with a simple “I don’t know.”

“I’m very comfortable with the Michigan coaches, they call me all the time, I call them all the time,” Hood said. “We have a great relationship. I chose Michigan for the coaching staff, coaching stability, the culture, the traditions they have … and player development was very key.”

At the same time Hood also says that Miami having a great 2020 season “won’t have a big impact, it’s more where I’m most comfortable.”

When Hood talks with Cane coaches he says “One thing I like about Miami is they never bash Michigan. But they do say `What happens if you can’t visit?’ I say the truth, that I don’t know.”
Stability at Michigan..........how people will they be once OSU embarrasses them a couple more times ? Stay home and help us build something special here instead of mediocre UMich

Advertisement
He likes Michigan coaches but will they still be there? They’ve lost 8 in a row to Ohio St, and last year also lost to Penn St and Wisconsin. He’s also 1-4 in bowl games and only has finished 1st once in the Big 10 East, the other 4 season have been 3rd and 4th.

Advertisement
Dont waste another single minute on this kid. This is the kind of kid that leaves you at the altar on National signing day. Go get Chase or preferably T2 right now and call it a day. Wake up manny!!!
No question! Assuming that have the ability to add Chase Smith and/or Terrance Lewis then that's what you do 100%.

A very respected poster here has indicated that the entire Terrance Lewis narrative is totally bogus and blown way out of proportion. To me the most logical, sensible and practical approach would be to meet with the kid, clear the air and resolve any issues that we may have created earlier in his recruitment that may have caused some resentment on the kids part. The kid can flat out play, is a fantastic scheme fit and plays for Northwestern for crying out loud! Kid is a 5 star recruit right in our backyard at a position of need who goes to one of if not the top UM feeder school. Admittedly I am no expert on the exact details of Lewis's recruitment and what may have happened but if we dropped the ball early on then let's just come clean with the kid and his family and work it out. Letting Lewis just walk away without effort on our part would be extremely disappointing.

“Miami’s recruiting me hard,” Hood said, adding that Stanford and Minnesota are among other programs he’d like to visit. “The Miami coaches, they ask what happens if I can’t visit Michigan? And I say the truth, that I don’t know.”

At the end of the day, would he be comfortable signing with Michigan sight unseen if that has to be the case?

“I’m not sure,” Hood said. “It would be difficult, because I would like to see things. It would be very difficult.

"I talk to my mom, dad about it all the time. I’m not sure. That’s a tough one right there.”

Hood adds that he’s “a very visual person” and that he wants to take all five of his allowed official visits. He’s been relying on virtual tours to this point, but says that doesn’t give him the same perspective as an in-person trip.

Asked if it might benefit the team closer to home if, indeed, he can’t take visits due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Hood responds with a simple “I don’t know.”

“I’m very comfortable with the Michigan coaches, they call me all the time, I call them all the time,” Hood said. “We have a great relationship. I chose Michigan for the coaching staff, coaching stability, the culture, the traditions they have … and player development was very key.”

At the same time Hood also says that Miami having a great 2020 season “won’t have a big impact, it’s more where I’m most comfortable.”

When Hood talks with Cane coaches he says “One thing I like about Miami is they never bash Michigan. But they do say `What happens if you can’t visit?’ I say the truth, that I don’t know.”
not coming. He's gone.

Advertisement
He likes Michigan coaches but will they still be there? They’ve lost 8 in a row to Ohio St, and last year also lost to Penn St and Wisconsin. He’s also 1-4 in bowl games and only has finished 1st once in the Big 10 East, the other 4 season have been 3rd and 4th.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ryan Day already said he’s putting 100 on Harbaugh whenever they play next.

#StayInTheHoodHood

Advertisement
Back