2021 Michigan Commit Jaydon Hood Still Speaking With Miami

That's not true & that narrative gets pushed around way too often on this board.

He was sent official offers from LSU, Bama, TAMU, Miss St, PSU, Tenn & Nebraska. LSU & TAMU are actively trying to flip him & Bama is interested as well depending on if they'll have room.

I've said it before & I hate to have to keep saying it again, but this narrative that he's this terrible bad character kid that's some hardened criminal is false.

And the "none of the Florida schools want him" narrative is bogus as well, he was committed to UF first, he decommitted from them earlier this year & he's never had any interest in FSU because they're a dumpster fire & he doesn't like their Defense. Miami is not recruiting for their own reasons & there's resentment on his side about how we've handled his recruitment to begin with the first place, so he's not going to be too receptive to us anyway.

I really wish fans on this board would just stop talking about him every **** day because then I end up having to defend him from people who know absolutely nothing about him but swear he's a bad kid, it's annoying lol.
How did the bad character kid narrative start? What's at the root of the misunderstanding? I know nothing of the situation.

Advertisement
Both are excellent prospects and I would be thrilled to add either one. However if I was to choose between the two I would have to say Chase Smith. That kid just screams insane potential. Smith's natural athletic gifts and elite explosivness give him a higher ceiling IMO.

Yeah; gotta agree w/ u here, Chief

Advertisement
Regarding Hood, do you think the Big 10's decision cancel Fall football will affect him? Seems to me there's no way he'll stick now.

Ttyt 2021 4-star Michigan commit Jaydon Hood is one of the top linebackers in the country out of St. Thomas Aquinas and he is hoping to continue to produce at a high level during his senior season. This means there can be no drop off in his play even if the quarantine makes practicing and working out more difficult.

“I try to work out twice a day. I go lift weights in the gym and then at some point in the day, wI’ll either go running for conditioning or I’ll go to the volleyball sand and do footwork driles out there. With my team, recently we have been doing drills on Monday and Friday working out virtually. I’ve been doing all that, staying in shape.”

Hood transferred to St. Thomas at the midpoint of last school year with the hopes of getting comfortable with his team through spring practice, but that was unable to occur. Is he still confident he can make a huge impact this season?

“I’m still confident. I transferred to St. Thomas early so I could play spring with them, get to know them better, and get that playing experience together, but that's gone. It doesn’t change anything, though. I’m still confident and I am prepared.”

Hood committed to Michigan without ever visiting the school, which was a difficult decision to make, but the coaches in Ann Arbor were able to convince him through other methods that Michigan was the best fit for him.

“I like the coaches. I like the player development, that attracted me. I like the culture and the tradition, it’s historical. That’s really why I choose Michigan. They’ve done everything they could, but what made me feel comfortable was I had a lot of player insight. Anthony Solomon is from St. Thomas and he’s there. I talk to even basketball players up there. I talked to so many people that I got insight, and so that’s what made me really comfortable.”

Despite being a Michigan commit, Hood is still being recruited by Miami, Stanford, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Maryland, Louisville, and Washington State. Miami in particular is looking to lean on their preexisting relationship with Hood.

“Miami is telling me that they are still interested. They send me little things every now and then. We have such a good relationship from the recruiting process that sometimes when they text me, it’s just ‘Hey, how's it going?’ Not really recruiting or anything like that.”

Miami defensive coordinator Blake Baker and outside linebackers coach Jon Patke are the two spearheading the recruitment of Hood, with head coach Manny Diaz chipping in as well occasionally.

“I talk to coach Baker a lot, I talk to coach Patke too. I’ve talked to coach Diaz once or twice recently. I think they are an amazing coaching staff. I love coach Baker. I love all of them really. I have a great relationship with coach Baker and coach Diaz. They are real good people over there.”

Hood is not going to make a decision on whether or not to shut down his recruitment until February because he still wants to see Michigan in person and use all five of his official visits.

Advertisement
That's not true & that narrative gets pushed around way too often on this board.

He was sent official offers from LSU, Bama, TAMU, Miss St, PSU, Tenn & Nebraska. LSU & TAMU are actively trying to flip him & Bama is interested as well depending on if they'll have room.

I've said it before & I hate to have to keep saying it again, but this narrative that he's this terrible bad character kid that's some hardened criminal is false.

And the "none of the Florida schools want him" narrative is bogus as well, he was committed to UF first, he decommitted from them earlier this year & he's never had any interest in FSU because they're a dumpster fire & he doesn't like their Defense. Miami is not recruiting for their own reasons & there's resentment on his side about how we've handled his recruitment to begin with the first place, so he's not going to be too receptive to us anyway.

I really wish fans on this board would just stop talking about him every **** day because then I end up having to defend him from people who know absolutely nothing about him but swear he's a bad kid, it's annoying lol.

Sorry I’m confused ( which is often at my age) but are you talking about a Lewis or Hood 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
“Miami’s recruiting me hard,” Hood said, adding that Stanford and Minnesota are among other programs he’d like to visit. “The Miami coaches, they ask what happens if I can’t visit Michigan? And I say the truth, that I don’t know.”

At the end of the day, would he be comfortable signing with Michigan sight unseen if that has to be the case?

“I’m not sure,” Hood said. “It would be difficult, because I would like to see things. It would be very difficult.

"I talk to my mom, dad about it all the time. I’m not sure. That’s a tough one right there.”

Hood adds that he’s “a very visual person” and that he wants to take all five of his allowed official visits. He’s been relying on virtual tours to this point, but says that doesn’t give him the same perspective as an in-person trip.

Asked if it might benefit the team closer to home if, indeed, he can’t take visits due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Hood responds with a simple “I don’t know.”

“I’m very comfortable with the Michigan coaches, they call me all the time, I call them all the time,” Hood said. “We have a great relationship. I chose Michigan for the coaching staff, coaching stability, the culture, the traditions they have … and player development was very key.”

At the same time Hood also says that Miami having a great 2020 season “won’t have a big impact, it’s more where I’m most comfortable.”

When Hood talks with Cane coaches he says “One thing I like about Miami is they never bash Michigan. But they do say `What happens if you can’t visit?’ I say the truth, that I don’t know.”

“Miami’s recruiting me hard,” Hood said, adding that Stanford and Minnesota are among other programs he’d like to visit. “The Miami coaches, they ask what happens if I can’t visit Michigan? And I say the truth, that I don’t know.”

At the end of the day, would he be comfortable signing with Michigan sight unseen if that has to be the case?

“I’m not sure,” Hood said. “It would be difficult, because I would like to see things. It would be very difficult.

"I talk to my mom, dad about it all the time. I’m not sure. That’s a tough one right there.”

Hood adds that he’s “a very visual person” and that he wants to take all five of his allowed official visits. He’s been relying on virtual tours to this point, but says that doesn’t give him the same perspective as an in-person trip.

Asked if it might benefit the team closer to home if, indeed, he can’t take visits due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Hood responds with a simple “I don’t know.”

“I’m very comfortable with the Michigan coaches, they call me all the time, I call them all the time,” Hood said. “We have a great relationship. I chose Michigan for the coaching staff, coaching stability, the culture, the traditions they have … and player development was very key.”

At the same time Hood also says that Miami having a great 2020 season “won’t have a big impact, it’s more where I’m most comfortable.”

When Hood talks with Cane coaches he says “One thing I like about Miami is they never bash Michigan. But they do say `What happens if you can’t visit?’ I say the truth, that I don’t know.”
“I’m a very visual person.”

Come home, son.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back