2021 Miami Pro Day

Advertisement
Oweh with a 4.36 40 at 257? Nah, that's some stopwatch magic, but he does fly. A 4.5 at the combine will still be plenty impressive.

I know they won't do it, but it would be fun seeing a 40 yard race with all three of our DE's.
Ima take my phone out n verify but I saw his run, he was definitely moving

A youtuber who was showing it live in his chat said it best, Rousseau is being overshadowed by a superfreak athlete like Phillips who plays the same position. Rousseau's numbers are not bad at all. Hes just not superfreak athlete like Phillips..He **** sure didnt hurt himself. A 6'7 265lb prospect with a 7 footwing span, that can run a 4.68 is not going to slip out of the first round. The only people who still think this reside on CIS.

And furthermore, there is nothing else he could have done athletically to help himself even if he had opted in. I see him going in the mid first round. Once the run on DEs happens, someone will snatch him quickly.
I didn't see his other numbers but that's a good 40

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rousseau's RAS shows a dece athlete. All straight line though. idk, all of this shows up on tape, to me. Not the athletic freak people have promised over the years. Also, if you take a year off of football, you've got to test better than this. You run a 7.5 cone after a YEAR to practice that...idk, brother. I still think he's more of a 34 end. FWIW, Buckner ran a 7.5 cone 30lbs heavier.

Doubt it changes the final picture much, but that RAS short-changed him 2 inches of height, 6 lbs. of weight, and didn't include his 4.45 ss.

Either way, for those that saw GR as more of a 34 DE, today's testing seems to support that theory. And you hit the nail on the head on taking a year off... numbers needed to be better if he wanted to be in that Top 12 status he was sold on following a year off.

We can nitpick and GM's will and should, but all 4 guys tested very well. Maybe only Phillips moved up with his testing (though I would argue that GR's size did the same for him), but no one lost any money today. All 4 guys are tall, fast, strong and explosive (even GR for his size) and all 4 will have multi-contract NFL careers barring serious injury. Finally day 1 of the NFL draft will be interesting again for the Canes.

Advertisement
I really love how such outstanding men our guys have developed into. Listening to the pro day interviews with the players and coach Richt really shows how humble, appreciative, and the family relationship they all have at the U.

I will never forget Jaelen Phillips giving a homeless person the shirt off of his back.

Truly great people!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The biggest need is probably on offense, especially receiver and Smith is an attractive target, but could you pass up on Phillips?
I’d hate myself while I do it, but yes. Got to help Tua as much as possible. It’s also not completely out of the realm that Phillips and/or Kwity Paye is there at 18.

Rousseau and Phillips are both going first round. Anybody saying otherwise is a troll.

What stood out to me watching this pro day was the fact that Jordan was our only skill player working out on offense. How sad is it that we don't have one WR or RB good enough to even think about turning pro? I know we usually complain about guys leaving early to go mid-round, but we don't even have that level of talent right now on offense. It's a **** shame.
Well if cam and Harley declared we’d have said it was a mistake but they’d have been working out

Advertisement
Back