2021 Miami Pro Day

Um...I thought I tried explaining this to yall...but that 7.5 cone shows up on tape. I don't want to say never, but the number of times he showed legit bend around the edge is under a handful, for sure.

I pointed out clips where Phillips and Roche bent the corner and go to the QB. Those cone times are good. Not great, btw. Great 3-cones for an EDGE is below a 6.90. For example, Joey Bosa ran a 6.89...TJ Watt a 6.74, JJ Watt a 6.88, Von Miller a 6.7.

Advertisement
Rousseau’s money maker was always going to be his physical measurements. His height and wingspan can’t be coached. All he had to do today is show he’s not slow or stiff. Nobody expected him to put up the testing numbers that Phillips has. I think all three d ends had a good day. Brevin didn’t embarrass himself but that shuttle time, for a guy under 6’4” could hurt him. The forty time was as expected

This helps Phillips in that sense that teams that run a 3-4 now have no problem projecting him there, if they even did previously.

For a team like the Dolphins who run a hybrid scheme, well, good thing B-Fo is there in person to witness the show.
Agreed.

Advertisement
Reminder of GR15 in high school.

View attachment 145089

Right now he looks like a comic book character. After seeing his vertical and broad jump numbers I thought he might run around 4.8, but 4.69u is a good time for him. He's a giant and maybe is still getting used to all that extra mass, only a few years ago he was 209 pounds. After a couple of years, maybe some flexibility/agility training, he could really take off. I don't think he moved up a ton or down in terms of draft position, solidly mid-late 1st.

That's why Phillips was the #1 player in high school, his testing numbers are terrific and remember, he's only an inch shorter and about 5 pounds lighter than Greg. My G-Men need a pass rusher badly at pick #11, would love Jaelan.
I think that after that performance he definitely won’t be a top 10 pick he was being sold on by his agent when he opted out. He’s a bit of a
Project with a crazy high upside for an NFL franchise but I could see a few DE’s being chosen before him!

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's with all these mocks giving them Waddle (or Pitts)? They already have 2 speed WRs and a move TE. So dumb.

If Danny Dimes is my QB I'll take all the OL help I can get haha.
I'll take OL next year lol or round. My thing that I like about Jones is that he will never get a super big contract. Every qb that gets these huge contracts u can't pay anyone else. Take Phillips become a top 5 D and win with Barkley

Advertisement
Looks like Phillips made himself some money today. Probably Roche, too.
No real surprises for BJ, as the numbers more or less support what you see in his tape.
Mixed bag for GR... looks very strong, has freak size measurables, and is fast enough in a straight line, but the agility/explosiveness drills did him no favors.

Advertisement
Back