2021 LB Khayri Banton receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Khayri-Banton-46084825/

6'2 220lbs 3-star LB from outta Newark NJ, goes to West Side High.

Had a good junior season with 60tcks 15TFL's 7 sacks & 4FF's.

Versatile athlete that plays LB & WR, is a fast aggressive pass rushing OLB that also lines up with his hand in the dirt on the DL. Explosive first step, quick twitch athlete with suddenness & is an absolute QB hunter. Has very good bend coming off the edge & very high motor. With his long armed frame & physical build is a prototype pass rushing Will LB in our Defense.

Another Jersey kid like TAC, not the same style LB but similar tenacity & toughness. Jersey kids from Newark, Camden, Illtown EO etc, are always a take imo. Is a high 3-star with a 88 rating (4-star are 89 & up), very high upside.

Holds offers from Va Tech, Tenn, Cuse & Rutgers

Advertisement
Advertisement

https://247sports.com/Player/Khayri-Banton-46084825/

6'2 220lbs 3-star LB from outta Newark NJ, goes to West Side High.

Had a good junior season with 60tcks 15TFL's 7 sacks & 4FF's.

Versatile athlete that plays LB & WR, is a fast aggressive pass rushing OLB that also lines up with his hand in the dirt on the DL. Explosive first step, quick twitch athlete with suddenness & is an absolute QB hunter. Has very good bend coming off the edge & very high motor. With his long armed frame & physical build is a prototype pass rushing Will LB in our Defense.

Another Jersey kid like TAC, not the same style LB but similar tenacity & toughness. Jersey kids from Newark, Camden, Illtown EO etc, are always a take imo. Is a high 3-star with a 88 rating (4-star are 89 & up), very high upside.

Holds offers from Va Tech, Tenn, Cuse & Rutgers

Yup because they are hood types who know they are just beginning to figure it all out

Advertisement
The film is impressive, especially considering the fact that he had his hand in the dirt for a good amount. The one thing that makes me worry when watching his film is the level of competition was noticeably low. But other than that he appears to be quick and shoots his gap soundly.

I can see what the coaches like about this kid. Explodes off the line like he's shot out of an electromagnetic rail gun. Also seems to have an innate ability to negotiate traffic at the LOS and get into the backfield. Those two traits go well together. I like this kid and this offer.

Advertisement
I was looking at the top 2021 kids in New Jersey because the state's always been good to us and I saw this kid's film. JESUS! I'm not necessarily saying he's better than Hammett, but bruh...... We're obviously gonna take the local kid though.

Kid looked hood especially with his hand in the dirt. Would make for a very good blitzer in Baker/Diaz’s scheme. Glad we’re casting a wide net more so than other years. We’ve got to take talent that fits our system and defense, regardless of where they live.
Historically, we’ve gone to Jersey a lot...and it’s been very good to us. Esp Greg Mark and Danny Stubbs. Didn’t we have a stud DE from Philly area on 2001 team? Jamal something?

Advertisement
Kid looked hood especially with his hand in the dirt. Would make for a very good blitzer in Baker/Diaz’s scheme. Glad we’re casting a wide net more so than other years. We’ve got to take talent that fits our system and defense, regardless of where they live.

Advertisement
Back