2021 class

mafia

Recruit
This recruiting cycle of all cycles is the one that Miami needs to capitalize on. I talk to a lot of kids and families because my son plays high school football at Gulliver. I was a director for FBU which is the feeder system for the army AA game and I was football Commish at KBG. Because of the pandemic families want their son to stay close to home. This is true for the 5 stars all the way down to the no stars. Miami has to be relentless in its pursuit of South Florida kids, because I’m sure OOS kids and families are having the same thoughts about staying closer to home. I’m a father of a kid being recruited and right now I would prefer him to stay in state. The problem for me is my son lacks power 5 height or even D1. Small school football in Florida is limited so it’s going to be difficult but we have time.

kids like Yul Brown need to be priority right now and close, same with Brashard and the Palmetto Kids along with T2 and others.

Advertisement
That part I can’t answer because I don’t meddle in their business. I know Yul well and I can tell you he’s serious about UM. When I first met him I didn’t think UM was in the ballpark.
Being from the Miami area, what other big names you think Miami is in it for? And I understand the reasoning for parents wanting their kids to stay close to home.. I hate to say it but LSU could suffer big time because of this pandemic and I hope our staff is on the recruits that are thinking about going their, we definitely have to use the virus as a recruiting tool!! I would be all in the parents ear about their stud staying home...

Advertisement
Being from the Miami area, what other big names you think Miami is in it for? And I understand the reasoning for parents wanting their kids to stay close to home.. I hate to say it but LSU could suffer big time because of this pandemic and I hope our staff is on the recruits that are thinking about going their, we definitely have to use the virus as a recruiting tool!! I would be all in the parents ear about their stud staying home...
I'd have to think that Ohio State would as well.

High school football In Louisiana is elite like here and LSU owns that state. They’ll always be fine because they don’t need to leave the state just like we don’t either. What this will hurt is programs that have to leave there state for recruits like Tennessee for example.

Good point OP. You combine the Lashlee hire, along with the sneaky good assistant hires like Hyppolite/Lockette, and this disease being a factor for families wanting to stay close....if we perform (if allowed) we can seriously clean up in this 2021 class.

Advertisement
If only that were the case.

I don't think you realize how easily the barber shop uncles and the sunday bingo grandmas will pimp out these kids. it's sad to the point of tragic, but they don't truly care about COVID or anything like that.

Most of them couldn't care less if the kid had to eat an Ebola sandwich, just so long as someone drops a large enough bag..

Ask @Liberty City El. He knows this stuff better than anyone on the board. He'll tell you straight up. It's not pretty.

That part is tough right now because I’ve been locked in my house for more than 2 months. I can say kids that I never thought we’d have a chance with are open to Miami. You have Yul, Armella, there are rumblings out of Palmetto. The NW kids that are committed are super firm. The big timer I’d be all over if I’m Miami is J. Brooks. Besides knowing how could he is, we played against him and he has a lot of friends at Gulliver so he spends a lot of time there. This kid is going to be so good in the next level that we can’t let him go to ‘bama.We talk in’ better than Amari Cooper.

If I’m Miami, I’m camping out at these programs for the next couple years.....besides the traditional powers like BTW, MNW, MC and Carol City, these are some talent rich programs under the radar in Dade.

Gulliver - loaded for the next 4 years...i believe we have 9 kids with UM offers

Killian - they are loading up big time and are young.

Homestead - also loading up..you’ll hear about some young big timers coming soon.

Pace - has some nice things happening, their problem will be holding on to them as they get older.

St. Brendan - believe it or not they have tons of talent at the skills, their problem again is holding onto them as they get older. I think they lost 5 during off season.

Teams on decline are ...

columbus - they lost a lot off their state championship team, a lot. They still have Rodriguez and Ishmael, those 2 might be the only upperclassmen that are D1 prospects.

Palmetto - put a fork in them. They have zero after this class. Rebuild

Hialeah - done!! They played JUCO for 2 years and then they all ran to big programs.

Advertisement
Back