2021 Class- Top Targets & Offers: Offense

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
QB: 1 Grade: A
  1. Jake Garcia COMMIT (EE)
Analysis - In a year that was somewhat weak at QB, Lashlee landed his top target. Huge to add more competition for TVD in the QB Room

RB: 1 Grade: A
  1. Thad Franklin COMMIT
Analysis - Hickson lands the top RB in SoFla again. Cam, Rooster, Cheney, and Thad gives us maybe the most talented RB room in the country. That's how a Miami RB stable should be.

WR:
4 Grade: A
  1. Charleston Rambo COMMIT - Transfer
  2. Romello Brinson COMMIT (EE)
  3. Jacolby George COMMIT (EE)
  4. Brashard Smith COMMIT
Misses - Jacorey Brooks, Jaden Alexis, Troy Stellato

Analysis - Likens lands 3 of the top WRs in SoFla and a veteran transfer, brining in serious talent to a much needed WR room. Pope and Wiggins need to hit the pine

TE: 2 Grade: A+
  1. Elijah Arroyo COMMIT (EE)
  2. Kahlil Brantley COMMIT
Analysis - Land the best TE in the country IMO in Arroyo, huge ceiling and a very Brevin-esk talent in Brantley. Perfect class

OL: 3 Grade: B
  1. Laurence Seymore COMMIT
  2. Ryan Rodriguez COMMIT
  3. Michael McLaughlin COMMIT (EE)
Misses - Marcus Tate, Austin Barber

Analysis - Seymore and Rodriquez are severely underrated especially from a tough mentality perspective. And our OL needs dawgs asap. McLaughlin is the perfect project at T. Really would've been nice to land 1 more OL especially a Tackle. Tate or Barber would've been perfect

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd add Kicker here, for the sake of completeness. We need one and have one committed.

Based on Ivins ITU podcast, sounds like we have a real good shot at Ryan Rodriguez & potentially Michael McLaughlin on the OL. Would be huge for Justice to land those guys to start this 2021 class.

Would give us a very solid start to OL recruiting Seymore (OG), Rodriquez (C) and McLaughlin (OT)

Also sounds like Lashlee really wants Miller Moss. Visiting in March

Rb & o line board should expand real soon. I like what I've heard about Eli Sutton and where we stand currently. Not sure we'll be able to land those receivers in the top group but I think Bralon Brown will be a big time player.

Advertisement
QB: 1
  1. Miller Moss
  • Dematrius Davis (VT)
  • Aaron McLaughlin (AUB)

RB: 1-2
  1. Thad Franklin
  • Brashard Smith (UF)
  • Amari Daniels
WR: 4
  1. Yulkeith Brown
  2. Troy Stellato
  3. Romello Brinson
  4. Jacorey Brooks
  • Christian Leary
  • Tavoris Miller
  • Bralon Brown
  • Jalil Farooq
  • Jaden Alexis

TE: 1-2
  1. Kahlil Brantley COMMIT
  2. Michael Trigg
  • Gunnar Greenwald

OL: 4-5
  1. Laurence Seymore COMMIT
  2. Michael McLaughlin
  3. Ryan Rodriguez
  • Michael Marshall
  • Eli Sutton
  • Marcus Tate (CLEM)

I like Curtis the SW Fl kid we offered 2-3 weeks back to be in the conversation at WR as well...He and Leary are similar. Would love for George to get back in the picture for UM, but doubt it happens. Maybe Charles Montgomery or one of the Bayou kids although none of those will be easy pulls.

Good stuff.

Thought I like Curtis, I dont think he and Leary or similar at all, Curtis is like a Travis Benjamin and Leary is more like a Albert wilson or tyreke hill

I see a drop off on the offense side of the ball with talent in the 21 class with what we have engaged with thus far. If I’m wrong someone tell me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. If Leigh wants in we’ll have to do some shuffling to land all the kids that want in. What a glorious issue to have after a 6-7 record and 7-6 in 2019. We’ve really landed a solid class in 2020 and looks like we’ll produce a Top 10 class for 2021!

Sounds like besides Garcia, we could be done on Offense

Unless we flip Brooks or Tate, both long shots

Total: 9-10 scholarships used

Advertisement
8/29 - Garcia and Amari Daniels as remaining targets

Anyone know who the early enrollees are for the offensive recruiting class?

11/24 Updated OP -
  • Offensive Class pretty much wrapped up at 11 commits (including Kicker)
  • Need to add a QB, whether that is a late flip (ie. Garcia) or a transfer QB
  • Would love to flip a Jacorey Brooks or Marcus Tate but I think both ships have sailed
  • Ending at 12 total commits (with a QB) plus the 12-13 on defense puts us at 24-25 total commits which is probably what the class number is

Advertisement
Back