2021 CB Tony Grimes

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

(Start @ 1:28 for Grimes)

6'0/1 180lbs 5-star CB out of Virginia Beach, goes to 5A school Princess Anne.

He's the #1 ranked CB in the nation & #9 ranked player overall for the 2021 class.

ELITE dynamic athlete, plays CB/S/WR/RB, has elite measurables with 4.4 speed & 4.2 shuttle. Prototypical long armed frame CB, quick twitch athlete with high level skills, he flips his hips & locates the ball at a superior level than most HS CB's, understands how to defend the entire route tree & is a naturally gifted physical freak.

His Press man coverage is a lot better than most College CB's & he's only a Junior heading into his Senior season. Has great ball skills & very good recover ability to track down the ball & make a play, elite technician. Had 6INT's his Junior season & was a home run hitting TD machine at WR/RB.

Miami hasn't offered yet & even though he's a complete long shot, I'd still like to see us throw our hat in the ring. 0% chance I know, but so what go after him anyway & on the off chance we go on a run next year you see what can happen.

Holds offers from Bama, Va Tech, Clemson, LSU, Oh St, UGA, Auburn, TAMU, Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn St, UF & FSU

Advertisement
This will be my Justin Flowe for the 21 class.

We have no shot whatsoever as of now, but Idc, I will delusionally hope & pray we get a chance at him.

Now all we need to do is go undefeated & win the ACC! Lol.
I used to live just a few blocks from his school. What’s amazing is that every year it seems like there’s a top kid not just in Hampton Roads but in Virginia Beach.

(Start @ 1:28 for Grimes)

6'0/1 180lbs 5-star CB out of Virginia Beach, goes to 5A school Princess Anne.

He's the #1 ranked CB in the nation & #9 ranked player overall for the 2021 class.

ELITE dynamic athlete, plays CB/S/WR/RB, has elite measurables with 4.4 speed & 4.2 shuttle. Prototypical long armed frame CB, quick twitch athlete with high level skills, he flips his hips & locates the ball at a superior level than most HS CB's, understands how to defend the entire route tree & is a naturally gifted physical freak.

His Press man coverage is a lot better than most College CB's & he's only a Junior heading into his Senior season. Has great ball skills & very good recover ability to track down the ball & make a play, elite technician. Had 6INT's his Junior season & was a home run hitting TD machine at WR/RB.

Miami hasn't offered yet & even though he's a complete long shot, I'd still like to see us throw our hat in the ring. 0% chance I know, but so what go after him anyway & on the off chance we go on a run next year you see what can happen.

Holds offers from Bama, Va Tech, Clemson, LSU, Oh St, UGA, Auburn, TAMU, Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn St, UF & FSU

Probably OSU

Why does that name sound so familiar? Wasnt their a Tony Grimes we were recruiting from down here years ago?

Advertisement
Probably OSU
His top schools right now are Va Tech, TAMU & Bama.

He's said that he might actually want to stay home @ Va Tech, but we all know a kid of his caliber will definitely leave home. Early on in his recruitment TAMU had big lead, but as of lately he's been visiting Texas, Clemson, UNC & UGA.

His recruitment is still pretty wide open, LSU & Oh St will definitely jump in at some point, but it'll be a Clemson/Bama battle for the most part. I don't think he's all that high on Oh St as of now, but who knows they can sell him on all the CB's they've put in the league lately.

We have no chance with him, he's just an elite CB that I'm going to delusionally dream that we shoot our shot with if we catch lightning in a bottle & a have 2017 type season lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement

UNC went 7-6 last year... And just landed the #1 CB in the Nation.

64679421.jpg

Advertisement

UNC went 7-6 last year... And just landed the #1 CB in the Nation.

They went 7-6, we went 6-7, and the perception of both programs could not be more different.

I guess that's what happens when you turn 2 wins into 7 wins and you do it with an exciting brand of ball, a rising QB, and a likeable coach. Crazy.

Oh, and although bowl games are a joke, boy do they help with the perception of your program for the next 8 months.

Manny better have his **** tight. UNC is trending way up. GT finally joined the 21st century and GA is a football hotbed. VT will always be solid. The Coastal isn't going to be this bad forever, and we still have only figured out how to win it once.

Mack has a good staff and North Carolina usually has good in state talent. Apparently grimes still going to take visit so this far from over.

Advertisement
Back