2021 CB Markevious Brown lands offer, names Miami his leader

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
From childhood, most of IMG Academy CB Markevious Brown’s college football experience revolved around the Miami Hurricanes. That’s why, when the Canes offered him a chance to be in their 2021 class on Monday, the idea of playing big-time football at the next level began to feel more real.

“This offer means the world to me, I really can’t explain the feeling about this offer,” Brown said. “This is something I dreamed of while I was a kid running around not truly even knowing what football really was. I knew I wanted to be a Cane, it has always been my goal as a child to play for Miami.”

Even though Brown just received a formal offer this week, he has been in the process of getting to know Miami cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph for some time now.

“I have been familiar with Miami and coach Rumph for a while now, about a year,” Brown said. “Since my 9th grade summer.”

With a UM offer in hand, Brown was not shy about proclaiming his affinity for the Hurricanes, and even went so far as to call them his leader as of now.

“My interest in Miami is through the roof right now,” Brown said. “Like I said, it’s always been the dream. Miami is definitely leading right now.”

What is it about the Canes that has Brown interested in donning the orange and green?

“Just the atmosphere, coaching staff, and the brotherhood they have at Miami,” Brown said. “I love the way Manny Diaz has come in wasting no time and he is a person I would love to play for.”

In terms of other programs that have been in touch with Brown, he says he’s seen a surge in interest lately from multiple schools in both the ACC and SEC.

“I really haven’t made a top list right now but, a lot of teams have been keeping in contact - FSU, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh,” Brown said.

Of those, Brown plans to get to Mississippi State, FSU, and UF this summer, while he wants to get to Miami sometime this month.

On the field, Brown played his first two seasons of high school ball at Pahokee before transferring to IMG this spring. As a sophomore with the Blue Devils in 2018, he feels he was able to take his game to the next level, but Brown is looking to raise the bar even higher with the Ascenders in 2019.

“I feel I played very well as a sophomore on such a high level,” Brown said. “I feel that I held my own and made a name for myself as a young corner.”

The talented corner prospect, who lists himself at 6’0” 171 pounds, will take his time making his choice and base his final decision on if a program can offer him the right fit, as well as a comfortable environment.

“I would like to commit to the school I want to go to by next spring,” Brown said. “I’m looking for a school that loves me and has a defense that is a fit for a corner of my type. Also, a feeling of home.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least he names us his leader so their is genuine interest. Whole lot of time before he needs to decide and the better he gets the more pressure and $$$ from the SEC to influence his decision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back