2021 CB Derrick Edwards III receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

5'10 177lbs 3-star CB out of Miami Palmetto

Is a very good cover Corner on that loaded Miami Palmetto Defense, plays both CB & Safety. Has good technique & footwork, natural athleticism running 4.5-4.6 40 with a 37inch vert (which is great for a kid his size), plays with good football IQ & has good ball skills.

I've heard from some DB coaches that have watched them play multiple times this year that Edwards is actually a better CB than Corey Collier, they move him all around that Palmetto Defense playing him at Boundary, Field & Nickel Corner and also at FS. He's also a pretty good tackler as well.

Holds offers Baylor, Tennessee, Cincinnati, West Va, Indiana, BC & Maryland.

Advertisement
Is the 2021 class an anomaly or is palmetto loading up for the future also?
They got a bunch of transfers earlier in the year, they was able to snatch up Savion Collins from Southwest & Leonard Taylor from Southridge, also for David Ealey from Sunset & their QB Kevin Smith from Ridge as well.

But all the other kids they already had Collier, Marshall, Brashard Smith, Ralph Williams, Cahron Rackley (Cairiq Rackley's lil brother), Mike Jackson etc were all home grown.

How's this Palmetto team lose? OL? Coaching? Suspensions?

I believe that's 6 D1 DB in 3 years, including next? The two big boys on the DL will be top 10 DT IN THE COUNTRY... Poitier/B.Smith/good young QB right?

Advertisement
How's this Palmetto team lose? OL? Coaching? Suspensions?

I believe that's 6 D1 DB in 3 years, including next? The two big boys on the DL will be top 10 DT IN THE COUNTRY... Poitier/B.Smith/good young QB right?
They lost two close games to Gibbons & Western.

They lost to Gibbons first game of the season by just 2 points, then went on a 9 game winning streak, only to lose to Western in the playoffs by 2 points.

They're a really good team, just haven't sealed the deal in the playoffs yet.

Is a very good cover Corner on that loaded Miami Palmetto Defense, plays both CB & Safety. Has good technique & footwork, natural athleticism running 4.5-4.6 40 with a 37inch vert (which is great for a kid his size), plays with good football IQ & has good ball skills.

I've heard from some DB coaches that have watched them play multiple times this year that Edwards is actually a better CB than Corey Collier, they move him all around that Palmetto Defense playing him at Boundary, Field & Nickel Corner and also at FS. He's also a pretty good tackler as well.

He is. Most versatile too.

Some Rashad Fenton to his game imo...Doesn't look like a burner or anything in those INT returns. But his ability to mirror, instincts, and ball skills look excellent.

Not tiny either, legit 5'10 maybe even 5'11? Not sure, but doesn't look Bandy Height, nor Couch stature...Looks like possible every down corner. God that secondary is loaded.

Advertisement

Those numbers tell you he’s an explosive athlete

1580080135209.png

Advertisement
I don't remember which one it was, but I thought I listened to a pod where the coach said this kid is the best db on the team.

Very Good.. between us and FSU and we lead... kid is a very good CB.. he is the reason I say Collier moved to his money position Safety... kid is the goods, just not as hyped as Marshall or Collier
It's great to know we lead. His film is impressive. It may help with the recruitment of Marshall. Hopefully we land him then Marshall. Thanks for the info @deerob305.

Good news.

Hope we get 'em.

Very Good.. between us and FSU and we lead... kid is a very good CB.. he is the reason I say Collier moved to his money position Safety... kid is the goods, just not as hyped as Marshall or Collier

Advertisement
Where did you hear that we lead right now? Just yesterday LCE said he’s a heavy FSU lean.

I think this kid a lot, but I'm really not sure his offer is committable...Again I doubt they take 3 corners all 5'10 and below

Especially if they like Dawson the way Ivins hints they do

It's a shame because Edwards, Knowles, and Mcburrows are all very good. Gun to my head I'd say the one we got, Burns, is the best...But all 4 are excellent. And Burns is probably the smallest of the 4 from my understanding and listed sizes.

Last edited:
Post #11 in this thread
I saw post # 11 in the thread, but that was from January 26th. The comment I replied to was yesterday, and LCEs comment about being an FSU lean was yesterday as well. Was trying to find out if the poster I replied to was basing his comment about Miami leading was based off anything he heard or if it was just from the article from a month ago.

Advertisement
Back