2021 Carol City S James Williams breaks down his decision to commit to Miami

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
DZo8NfYWAAAa-1k.jpg-thumb.jpeg

Miami landed the first commitment for the class of 2021 today when Carol City S James Williams pulled the trigger and committed to the Canes. James sat down with CanesInSight to break down his commitment.

"I decided to commit because of the love the coaches showed me." Williams said. "I also like how they teach their players to be good in college and the pro's."

Williams got a chance to visit Coral Gables for the first time today and Williams says that he came away very impressed.

"It was great," Williams said. "I got to tour of the campus and I got to see how everyday life is around the campus."

Since James is going into his sophomore year, contact with the coaches is very limited, but today Williams was on campus and he got a chance to speak with Miami coaching staff.

"I talked to coach Richt, coach Diaz, coach Banda, coach Van Dyke." Williams said. "It felt awesome to speak to the coaches for the first time."

Being the first commitment in the class can come with expectations, but Williams says he is ready to hold the torch and be the ambassador of the class of 2021.

"It feels great," Williams said. "I didn't even know that I was the first at the time, but God have a plan for everything, so i just want to thank the man above."

James also got the chance to speak with one of Miami's recent additions to the coaching staff in former Miami player Demarcus Van Dyke, who has an interesting relationship with Williams.

"It was a great talk," Williams said. "We're going to build a better and strong relationship, and he's also a Pace guy."

While his commitment is now on the books, Williams is a long way away from his signing day as a freshman in HS and isn't shutting his recruitment down.

"I still will visit other schools and talk to other coaches," Williams said.

Even so, what will Miami be getting in him as a player?

"A great player on and off the field that puts school before anything, that is not selfish and that is always a team player."

Williams says that he will be at Miami's spring game at Hard Rock Stadium.

Advertisement
While his commitment is now on the books, Williams is a long way away from his signing day as a freshman in HS and isn't shutting his recruitment down.

Glad to hear he committed, but we have a long way to go with this one I believe...

Advertisement

Glad to hear he committed, but we have a long way to go with this one I believe...

I think we have a long way to go with all of them....but it’s a great start for sure

Advertisement
Back