2021 Canes Football & 2017 Miami Heat (What They Have in Common)

PIPO

Bathing in Nole Tears!!
Premium
Well, Canes are 4-4. Here we are!! Manny, on the brink of getting fired after a loss to NCST, pulls it out and survives.

In 2017, the Miami Heat started 11-30 in the first half of the season and then were 30-11 in the second half of the season and finished at 41-41. Many thought the Heat were headed for a bright future as they went on to give Mega contracts to Hassan Whiteside, Dion Waiters, etc and basically became a middle to lower tier team for a few years after.

Which brings us to the 2021 Miami Hurricanes. This was the year Manny & team were supposed to live the 15-0 lifestyle back to greatness. Bama spanks us, needed a winning FG to survive vs App St, spanked by MSU, lose close games to UVA & UNC and then get some close wins the last 2 games playing much better football.

Brings us to 4-4 land and the delusional people are back out from under their rocks because, yes, this team should absolutely win out the remaining regular season games to finish 8-4.

They shouldn’t lose to any of these teams on the schedule and if they do, it will be because of the coaching. Even though this team lacks talent in some critical spots (LB, DL, etc), they shouldn’t lose.

People will fall for the turn around and demand that Manny gets more time, etc, etc and will slurp on proudly with their chest out. It’s all smoke & mirrors. These are Pyrrhic victories. Many see that they are and others will say “you’re not a real fan” so suck it.

If Manny loses to any of these remaining teams, he & Flake should be fired the next day. Plain and simple.

Advertisement
Can't stand Blake. He should've let Manny get some HC experience first before hiring him. Honestly, I do think Manny is slowly learning how to be a HC. It just sucks that we're in this position of paying him millions so that he can learn on the job here. After the Virginia game I was literally just sick to my stomach. Disgusted at the state of the football team. My 9 year old probably learned new swear words that day. How can a p5 team lack such basic fundamentals? I wanted Manny out of my face immediately. Right now with a couple of wins vs ironically better opposition than the last 2 losses, that pressure is alleviated some. I still need to see how the rest of the season plays out before making further judgement. Having Bama game 1 was cancer.

I've had some slurper thoughts lately and it alarms me. The young guys, which are his recruiting classes are great. I love the attitude, confidence, swagger, players like Restrepo and JW bring. That is what we've been lacking, and strangely enough, that is what Manny brought. The senority thing is strange, and I think Manny was just stubborn about it, but he's being forced to learn this lesson. (which is actually contributing to his HC learning) I hate the idea of even leaning towards slurping, but these wins have really clouded my mind. Then you add some gas to the fire with the reports of us having the #1 strength of schedule. Clouds the judgement. You can see this team's potential from a mile away. I jerk off to the thoughts of us fixing the LB position and O line. One can only wonder what LB recruting and play would've been like under T-Will.

Right now I think we need to get rid of Blake and find a good AD. A good AD can come in and asses the Manny situation. Maybe give ultimatums (win or gtfo, hire a DC or gtfo, etc) Granted I say all of this assuming this team will be able to Win out. It's like I've forgotten about the embarassing losses to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech. We always think we will win out because "on paper" we should. Nothing this team does makes sense. We lose games we should win and we win games we should lose.

Don't get me wrong. I hate so many things about Manny. I just have this weird feeling that he's slowly getting it. Granted, it's like 7 games too late, 2 seasons too late, etc. I'm just in a weird place right now.

tl;dr let's get in a new AD first to assess the situation, maybe force Manuelita to melt down the stupid TD rings and go from there. Let's do that as soon as possible. Because if/when a new coach is needed, we need the new AD in place asap. We all know no big time coach wants to come here just based off the toxic administration.

Can't stand Blake. He should've let Manny get some HC experience first before hiring him. Honestly, I do think Manny is slowly learning how to be a HC. It just sucks that we're in this position of paying him millions so that he can learn on the job here. After the Virginia game I was literally just sick to my stomach. Disgusted at the state of the football team. My 9 year old probably learned new swear words that day. How can a p5 team lack such basic fundamentals? I wanted Manny out of my face immediately. Right now with a couple of wins vs ironically better opposition than the last 2 losses, that pressure is alleviated some. I still need to see how the rest of the season plays out before making further judgement. Having Bama game 1 was cancer.

I've had some slurper thoughts lately and it alarms me. The young guys, which are his recruiting classes are great. I love the attitude, confidence, swagger, players like Restrepo and JW bring. That is what we've been lacking, and strangely enough, that is what Manny brought. The senority thing is strange, and I think Manny was just stubborn about it, but he's being forced to learn this lesson. (which is actually contributing to his HC learning) I hate the idea of even leaning towards slurping, but these wins have really clouded my mind. Then you add some gas to the fire with the reports of us having the #1 strength of schedule. Clouds the judgement. You can see this team's potential from a mile away. I jerk off to the thoughts of us fixing the LB position and O line. One can only wonder what LB recruting and play would've been like under T-Will.

Right now I think we need to get rid of Blake and find a good AD. A good AD can come in and asses the Manny situation. Maybe give ultimatums (win or gtfo, hire a DC or gtfo, etc) Granted I say all of this assuming this team will be able to Win out. It's like I've forgotten about the embarassing losses to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech. We always think we will win out because "on paper" we should. Nothing this team does makes sense. We lose games we should win and we win games we should lose.

Don't get me wrong. I hate so many things about Manny. I just have this weird feeling that he's slowly getting it. Granted, it's like 7 games too late, 2 seasons too late, etc. I'm just in a weird place right now.

tl;dr let's get in a new AD first to assess the situation, maybe force Manuelita to melt down the stupid TD rings and go from there. Let's do that as soon as possible. Because if/when a new coach is needed, we need the new AD in place asap. We all know no big time coach wants to come here just based off the toxic administration.
The problem with many here on the board, the administration, etc is that they keep lowering the expectations here at Miami.

Miami should run the table. Period!

We play at Clemson & at Texas A&M next year. You feel comfortable with Manny winning those games next year as the HC?

We know how this goes. He will find some success in the off-season (although this season will be harder for him than previous others since he has shi* the bed this year) and then we go on being the same Miami not being competitive in those games and losing them.

No thanks! Done with that.

I think with twill the recruiting would be miles better but the product not much different
Look at trob
Our dbs dont looks much better
But the recruiting is better

I think with twill the recruiting would be miles better but the product not much different
Look at trob
Our dbs dont looks much better
But the recruiting is better
Exactly and that’s because the know it all HC has his defense and tells the other coaches what he wants.

Advertisement
Even winning out and going 8-4 not sure too many people would stick their chest out and certainly not on account of Diaz but rather finally finding a legit qb in TVD

Exactly and that’s because the know it all HC has his defense and tells the other coaches what he wants.
Also they working with horrible ingredients
The only way any lb in manny’s scheme would have any chance is he needs to be a true side line to side line lb
He needs to be super fast and quick Bc he’s expected to cover so much ground
Bc his scheme is so fundamentally flawed

Pat Riley is the greatest of all time. There’s no correlation between anything the having to do with the Heat and Blake James.

Well, Canes are 4-4. Here we are!! Manny, on the brink of getting fired after a loss to NCST, pulls it out and survives.

In 2017, the Miami Heat started 11-30 in the first half of the season and then were 30-11 in the second half of the season and finished at 41-41. Many thought the Heat were headed for a bright future as they went on to give Mega contracts to Hassan Whiteside, Dion Waiters, etc and basically became a middle to lower tier team for a few years after.

Which brings us to the 2021 Miami Hurricanes. This was the year Manny & team were supposed to live the 15-0 lifestyle back to greatness. Bama spanks us, needed a winning FG to survive vs App St, spanked by MSU, lose close games to UVA & UNC and then get some close wins the last 2 games playing much better football.

Brings us to 4-4 land and the delusional people are back out from under their rocks because, yes, this team should absolutely win out the remaining regular season games to finish 8-4.

They shouldn’t lose to any of these teams on the schedule and if they do, it will be because of the coaching. Even though this team lacks talent in some critical spots (LB, DL, etc), they shouldn’t lose.

People will fall for the turn around and demand that Manny gets more time, etc, etc and will slurp on proudly with their chest out. It’s all smoke & mirrors. These are Pyrrhic victories. Many see that they are and others will say “you’re not a real fan” so suck it.

If Manny loses to any of these remaining teams, he & Flake should be fired the next day. Plain and simple.

We beat mighty powerhouse NC State by one point, and worldbeater Pitt by 4 whole points. We’re sitting at 4-4.

And yet STILL you have dudes on here starting threads where they call those calling for Manny and Blake to be fired “soy boy cucks…” which is hilarious considering who they are defending.

There will always be Hecht shills on this board and others. Then there will always be sunshine pumper superfans who just want to go to the games, golf clap when the quarterback hits a home run, and eat a hot dog in the shade.

For real fans like you and me, we know the current season is already dead and gone. 8-4….6-6….4-8….who gives a ****. It’s not up to standards and we need there to be big changes from the top down to get us back to where we deserve to be

If that means we need to lose another game for the admin to get it, then that’s what needs to happen

Advertisement
Pat Riley is the greatest of all time. There’s no correlation between anything the having to do with the Heat and Blake James.
Pat is the GOAT. I wasn’t comparing anything about Pat & Blake. I was comparing one season because based on how that one season played out they (the Heat) decided to keep the status quo and gave out a bunch of max contracts to those players that made that 2nd half run happen.

The status quo is keeping in place what’s currently at UM based on running the table if that scenario plays out.

Advertisement
Back