2021 Buford RB offeree Ervin looking to visit Miami

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2021 3-star RB Gabe Ervin earned a Miami Hurricanes offer following his junior season at Buford (GA) High and received the good news during a visit at his school from the UM staff.

“It was actually very, very cool. I was actually in the weight room, they came and checked me out, then they got right to it and offered me,” Ervin said. “Every offer I get from a school, I feel so blessed, and I just think of it as another opportunity to play at the next level. I am so blessed to have an offer from the University of Miami.”

Safeties coach Ephraim Banda was the staffer that went up to see Ervin, and preached the benefits of becoming a Hurricane to the Buford star.

“He was basically just saying how Miami is a great place to be, and he was mainly talking about how much he loved my game,” Ervin said. “He watched my film and he said I’d fit well in their offense and their college.”

The 6-0 200 pound prospect has yet to visit Miami, but he would like to develop a relationship with the program and visit sometime after the COVID-19 concerns have subsided.

“It seems like they have a great family over there, strong family,” Ervin said of UM. “That’s something that I really like about Miami.”

Previously, Ervin took unofficial visits to Georgia, Florida State, and Georgia Tech, with his most recent spring trip being to Duke; he has offers from each program.

“It went great, Duke is a great school,” Ervin said of his Blue Devils visit. “They had me doing a photoshoot, they had me eating – I love to eat – and meeting all the coaches.”

With his first planned official visit set to take place with Nebraska on June 19th weekend, Ervin is looking forward to his time in Lincoln and what the Cornhuskers can show him.

“I like how they show me a lot of love and I feel like their care is really true,” Ervin said of Nebraska. “I feel like they’re really, really interested in me.”

Ervin plays for Buford High, a known powerhouse school in Georgia football that is coming off yet another state title in 2019, and he is surrounded by D-I talent on a daily basis.

“Buford is a great place to be in, it’s a great environment,” Ervin said. “The tradition is crazy, and the family bond that we have playing with each other is amazing. When I was a freshman and a sophomore, I was sitting behind great backs and I was just learning how they play so when I got to that level, I would be spectacular.

“I was sitting behind Elijah Turner, who signed with the Charlotte 49ers, and I learned a lot from him so that I could be successful when I’m in that position. I can catch, I can move quick, I’m shifty – I can do it all.”

With a decision anticipated in the next few months, Ervin will be focusing in on schools and coaching staffs he believes can help elevate him to the NFL.

“I’m looking to decide in the summer because I’m graduating early,” Ervin said. “I’ll be looking at the offensive scheme, if I’ll fit well at that school, and then I’ll really be looking into the coaching staff. These coaches are the ones that can take me to the next level, and I know I have to do my part, but the coaches are really huge as well.”

Advertisement
He couldn't beat out a RB that signed with Univ of Charlotte, how is he a UM caliber RB. I am going to say pass there are better 3* and 4* options out there. I am guessing the UM offer is not commitable at this point.

Go Canes

He couldn't beat out a RB that signed with Univ of Charlotte, how is he a UM caliber RB. I am going to say pass there are better 3* and 4* options out there. I am guessing the UM offer is not commitable at this point.

Go Canes
if That school has a senior that has put in his time and can get it done, that’s who will start. Not saying he is a take or not but I wouldn’t hold that against him too much.

if That school has a senior that has put in his time and can get it done, that’s who will start. Not saying he is a take or not but I wouldn’t hold that against him too much.

Listen to Cam Harris's story. In SFL the best playa go'in eat, the rest gonna stay hungry.

Go Canes

Go Canes
Never know. Could've been grades holding him back.

Advertisement

Go Canes
Buford is a **** machine. They are loaded to the gills with D1 talent every year. I wouldn’t put much stock in him not starting as a Freshman/sophomore. They will usually reward an talented upperclassmen that has put in the work.

Advertisement
him and Franklin would be insane. Both of them have frames to be over 215 their whole careers here. Franklin was hugging 220 when i played against him last year.

I am hoping UM can pull 2021 Jalyen Wright the 10.5 sec 100M speedster RB out of north Carolina.

Go Canes

Go Canes
Did you watch the video. This kids a take all day long but thats just my opinion. He's got some super quick feet and he runs with power as well.

Advertisement
That's 4 star talent. Like him better than Thad.

Let's not get ahead of our skis. He's a take, no question. But also no reason to compare him with Franklin. Take both. Harris is leaving at the end of this season, and we need five backs on roster.

Let's not get ahead of our skis. He's a take, no question. But also no reason to compare him with Franklin. Take both. Harris is leaving at the end of this season, and we need five backs on roster.
Just not that impressed with Thad. Looks like a north/south runner with not much wiggle. With the season I think we are going to have we should have better options to choose from.

Advertisement
“I like how they show me a lot of love and I feel like their care is really true,” Ervin said of Nebraska. “I feel like they’re really, really interested in me.”

So should we expect autograph requests at the airport in Lincoln?

So should we expect autograph requests at the airport in Lincoln?

Probably.

Go Canes

Is that good or bad?

If you pick any random 17 year old off the street, it’s more than likely that you’ll get someone running 13.5 ish seconds for 100m, 28–29 for 200M and maybe up to 70 seconds for 400M if they aren’t well trained. Average for casual track athletes at that age is probably 12, 25, and 55 seconds and serious track athletes are probably anywhere between 10.5–11.25, 21.3–22, 46–49 seconds. Average almost never applies for sprinting, as average depending on what type of person you’re talking about can go anywhere, I’ve seen 17 year olds running 10.5 ish (2021 RB Jaylen Wright and WR Christian Leary) and also I’ve seen 17–18 year olds running 16s (100M), so it all depends.

Go Canes

2021 3-star RB Gabe Ervin earned a Miami Hurricanes offer following his junior season at Buford (GA) High and received the good news during a visit at his school from the UM staff.

“It was actually very, very cool. I was actually in the weight room, they came and checked me out, then they got right to it and offered me,” Ervin said. “Every offer I get from a school, I feel so blessed, and I just think of it as another opportunity to play at the next level. I am so blessed to have an offer from the University of Miami.”

Safeties coach Ephraim Banda was the staffer that went up to see Ervin, and preached the benefits of becoming a Hurricane to the Buford star.

“He was basically just saying how Miami is a great place to be, and he was mainly talking about how much he loved my game,” Ervin said. “He watched my film and he said I’d fit well in their offense and their college.”

The 6-0 200 pound prospect has yet to visit Miami, but he would like to develop a relationship with the program and visit sometime after the COVID-19 concerns have subsided.

“It seems like they have a great family over there, strong family,” Ervin said of UM. “That’s something that I really like about Miami.”

Previously, Ervin took unofficial visits to Georgia, Florida State, and Georgia Tech, with his most recent spring trip being to Duke; he has offers from each program.

“It went great, Duke is a great school,” Ervin said of his Blue Devils visit. “They had me doing a photoshoot, they had me eating – I love to eat – and meeting all the coaches.”

With his first planned official visit set to take place with Nebraska on June 19th weekend, Ervin is looking forward to his time in Lincoln and what the Cornhuskers can show him.

Ervin plays for Buford High, a known powerhouse school in Georgia football that is coming off yet another state title in 2019, and he is surrounded by D-I talent on a daily basis.

“Buford is a great place to be in, it’s a great environment,” Ervin said. “The tradition is crazy, and the family bond that we have playing with each other is amazing. When I was a freshman and a sophomore, I was sitting behind great backs and I was just learning how they play so when I got to that level, I would be spectacular.

“I was sitting behind Elijah Turner, who signed with the Charlotte 49ers, and I learned a lot from him so that I could be successful when I’m in that position. I can catch, I can move quick, I’m shifty – I can do it all.”

With a decision anticipated in the next few months, Ervin will be focusing in on schools and coaching staffs he believes can help elevate him to the NFL.

“I’m looking to decide in the summer because I’m graduating early,” Ervin said. “I’ll be looking at the offensive scheme, if I’ll fit well at that school, and then I’ll really be looking into the coaching staff. These coaches are the ones that can take me to the next level, and I know I have to do my part, but the coaches are really huge as well.”

Buford is a **** machine. They are loaded to the gills with D1 talent every year. I wouldn’t put much stock in him not starting as a Freshman/sophomore. They will usually reward an talented upperclassmen that has put in the work.
I live in the area and have seen him play. Great balance, quick feet and doesn't dance in the holes. Runs behind a road grader line and is determined. Would be a good fit and once in a college program will be bigger and faster.

Advertisement
Back