2021 ATH Kelly Loiseau

Are we recruiting this kid?

I saw him as a freshman at NMB and he was elecrric out there on offense playing RB & receiver

He's now at Miami Christian. Was First Team Dade this year on defense. 128 tackles, 27 TFLs, 2 INTs, 5 forced fumbles. That stat line is ******* amazing.

He camped at LSU last year & got offered by the staff. Also holds offers from Bama, Louisville, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, UCF and Wake Forest.

He was mainly an offensive player the previous years but also played LB this year & put up those numbers. At 5'11 190 can he be developed into a good weakside backer, or a safety with those numbers? Or is he best at RB/receiver, where all those schools offered him at?

Advertisement
I have an honest question (or several) here.

So the kid has transferred, the kid has played multiple positions. He's in our backyard, yet he has offers from 2 SEC schools.

How "committable" are the SEC offers? Are these schools just tossing out offers to fast kids from Florida, then betting on the fact that the kids will have SEC stars in their eyes, all the while just waiting to see how these kids do as seniors?

UF I could understand, but LSU has a pretty fertile recruiting ground of their own. How is LSU taking a chance with an offer to a SoFla kid who has not yet settled in at one school and one position?

I'm not knocking anyone. I realize Miami can't take everyone. I'm just trying to figure out (a) how SEC schools are identifying SoFla talent that we haven't even offered, and (b) whether UM would get blamed if we offered early and then slow-played a kid who doesn't develop, when an SEC school doesn't face the same kind of blowback.
We’ve talked about this before. The local coaches or handlers have sec staffers on speed dial and are pretty much a cog in that sec wheel. I can only assume what agreement$ are in place for first dibs on a player. Same thing happened with Jones-Bell and Bama. Also sometimes the coaches are told not to even bother cause they know what the kids and handlers want out of their recruitment or the kid is just honest and says I’m not I interested at all in UM and it ends there.
FYI Ed O has been in town recently and was actually at Columbus and so was little Mirabal form Oregon. Just cause we’ve don’t here about it on 247 doesn’t mean these coaches aint down here.
I still remember hearing about Kirby at south dade before Ryque transferred to the Ridge and no one even reported on 247 as a coach visit. Not saying he spoke to Ryque or insinuating an illegal cobract.

He currently attends Dade Christian, not sure how good their competition is. He had 14 tackles & 2 sacks last week. He had 128 tackles, 27 TFL, 2 picks & 5 forced fumbles at Miami Christian last year.

He had lots of buzz when he was at North Miami & NMB playing RB/receiver (reminded me of Brashard) but idk what has happened to his recruitment. He camped at Oklahoma & LSU and they offered him, but after leaving North Miami after the 2018 season he went to Everglades, left to Miami Christian before the season started, put up elite numbers there & is now at DCS. Is that a sign of academic issues?

He currently attends Dade Christian, not sure how good their competition is. He had 14 tackles & 2 sacks last week. He had 128 tackles, 27 TFL, 2 picks & 5 forced fumbles at Miami Christian last year.

He had lots of buzz when he was at North Miami & NMB playing RB/receiver (reminded me of Brashard) but idk what has happened to his recruitment. He camped at Oklahoma & LSU and they offered him, but after leaving North Miami after the 2018 season he went to Everglades, left to Miami Christian before the season started, put up elite numbers there & is now at DCS. Is that a sign of academic issues?

These kids have poor guidance and are just being recruited by high school coaches everywhere...i think dade christian has some connection with everglades as they got some other players there from everglades. Its small school ball. Kid recruitment is likely a nightmare for transcripts..he is a gropu of 5 type or HBCU

Advertisement
These kids have poor guidance and are just being recruited by high school coaches everywhere...i think dade christian has some connection with everglades as they got some other players there from everglades. Its small school ball. Kid recruitment is likely a nightmare for transcripts..he is a gropu of 5 type or HBCU
Smh **** shame

Doesn't matter if he transferred to 25 schools, if he's good enough for LSU to offer at RB then there's a reason why Miami is evaluating.

You guys get to hung up on small stuff, crootin' is crootin' lol.

You get'em on campus gauge his interest & continue to eval throughout his Junior & Senior year, then see what's up.
Yeah, but UM has a school to go along with its football team. Still not sure about LSU.

Advertisement
Back