2021 ATH Kelly Loiseau

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

5'11 185lbs ATH from out of North Miami.

He started out North Miami Beach his Frosh year, then transferred to North Miami (same school as Chamon Metayer) but recently transferred to Miramar Everglades for this upcoming season.

Versatile athlete that plays RB, FS, SS & Nickel, he's switching to WR this season. Kid has good speed, quick, explosive with physicality & very good burst & is a one cut & go style runner.

He'll be visiting Miami's Junior Day this weekend.

Holds offers from UF, UCF, Cuse, FAU, FIU & LSU (he visited them just last week for their Junior day & they have the early lead).

Advertisement

He started out North Miami Beach his Frosh year, then transferred to North Miami (same school as Chamon Metayer) but recently transferred to Miramar Everglades for this upcoming season.

Versatile athlete that plays RB, FS, SS & Nickel, he's switching to WR this season. Kid has good speed, quick, explosive with physicality & very good burst & is a one cut & go style runner.

Holds offers from UF, UCF, Cuse, FAU, FIU & LSU (he visited them just last week for their Junior day & they have the early lead).

The multiple schools is not a red flag?

Is he a WR for good or is he gonna still play some DB?

Advertisement
I trust your eye for talent...but three schools?
Doesn't matter if he transferred to 25 schools, if he's good enough for LSU to offer at RB then there's a reason why Miami is evaluating.

You guys get to hung up on small stuff, crootin' is crootin' lol.

You get'em on campus gauge his interest & continue to eval throughout his Junior & Senior year, then see what's up.

Doesn't matter if he transferred to 25 schools, if he's good enough for LSU to offer at RB then there's a reason why Miami is evaluating.

You guys get to hung up on small stuff, crootin' is crootin'. You get'em on campus gauge his interest & continue to eval throughout his Junior & Senior year, then see where you're at with him.
I trust LSU evals for RB and DB. If this is true...I'm all in.

I have an honest question (or several) here.

So the kid has transferred, the kid has played multiple positions. He's in our backyard, yet he has offers from 2 SEC schools.

How "committable" are the SEC offers? Are these schools just tossing out offers to fast kids from Florida, then betting on the fact that the kids will have SEC stars in their eyes, all the while just waiting to see how these kids do as seniors?

UF I could understand, but LSU has a pretty fertile recruiting ground of their own. How is LSU taking a chance with an offer to a SoFla kid who has not yet settled in at one school and one position?

I'm not knocking anyone. I realize Miami can't take everyone. I'm just trying to figure out (a) how SEC schools are identifying SoFla talent that we haven't even offered, and (b) whether UM would get blamed if we offered early and then slow-played a kid who doesn't develop, when an SEC school doesn't face the same kind of blowback.

Advertisement

You guys get to hung up on small stuff, crootin' is crootin' lol.

You get'em on campus gauge his interest & continue to eval throughout his Junior & Senior year, then see what's up.

I agree with all of this. Sadly, transfers are part of the new normal in South Florida HS football, and the fact a kid bounces around shouldn't scare off coaches from recruiting a kid with talent. But when I see multiple HS transfers, I can't help think that a "business decision" is coming.

I have an honest question (or several) here.

So the kid has transferred, the kid has played multiple positions. He's in our backyard, yet he has offers from 2 SEC schools.

How "committable" are the SEC offers? Are these schools just tossing out offers to fast kids from Florida, then betting on the fact that the kids will have SEC stars in their eyes, all the while just waiting to see how these kids do as seniors?

UF I could understand, but LSU has a pretty fertile recruiting ground of their own. How is LSU taking a chance with an offer to a SoFla kid who has not yet settled in at one school and one position?

I'm not knocking anyone. I realize Miami can't take everyone. I'm just trying to figure out (a) how SEC schools are identifying SoFla talent that we haven't even offered, and (b) whether UM would get blamed if we offered early and then slow-played a kid who doesn't develop, when an SEC school doesn't face the same kind of blowback.

You tell me how committable his LSU offer is.

As to your other question, it's quite simple, schools find talent by scouting. They offer players because they think they're good enough to play for them, it not a secret conspiracy lol.

They didn't necessarily "find" Loiseau before we did, he's camped at Miami before the old staff just didn't offer him.

And honestly it doesn't matter when a team offers, when a player is interested they'll consider & take their visits.

Yall are too jaded with recruiting which is understandable, but you guys gotta stop looking at everything from a negative fans point of view. This stuff really ain't that complicated lol.

Interesting, Liberty City El. Gonna keep an eye on this one. Kinda of small, but then again, talent can trump that. Thanks for the tip.

Yall are too jaded with recruiting which is understandable, but you guys gotta stop looking at everything from a negative fans point of view. This stuff really ain't that complicated lol.

LoL. I'm trying, bro.
If Manny & Co. take care of business this season like I think they will, the 2020 class should finish in the top 7. That'll go a long way towards winning some hearts and minds.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You tell me how committable his LSU offer is.

As to your other question, it's quite simple, schools find talent by scouting. They offer players because they think they're good enough to play for them, it not a secret conspiracy lol.

They didn't necessarily "find" Loiseau before we did, he's camped at Miami before the old staff just didn't offer him.

And honestly it doesn't matter when a team offers, when a player is interested they'll consider & take their visits.

I'm not jaded, I'm asking a few questions. And I'm comparing/contrasting what UM has tended to do, versus what other schools are doing. Miami often holds off on offering other players because they are waiting on "higher-rated recruits".

And I'm not discounting "scouting", I am simply pointing out that it is very strange that LSU knows about some kid from halfway across the country who is moving around schools and positions. I'm not saying the kid isn't talented, I just think it is bizarre that LSU is on this kid and we are not.

My comments are more about OUR staff. Not the kid. But I do find it funny that you are putting this on the "old staff" when they have been gone for months. Manny has had every opportunity to send this kid an offer.

I am not looking at everything from a negative point of view. But I am frustrated when a kid IN OUR BACKYARD who has multiple SEC offers is waiting on an offer from UM. That is all.

And, for the record, I have no idea what a couple of pictures from the internet mean about a "committable offer".

I'm not jaded, I'm asking a few questions. And I'm comparing/contrasting what UM has tended to do, versus what other schools are doing. Miami often holds off on offering other players because they are waiting on "higher-rated recruits".

And I'm not discounting "scouting", I am simply pointing out that it is very strange that LSU knows about some kid from halfway across the country who is moving around schools and positions. I'm not saying the kid isn't talented, I just think it is bizarre that LSU is on this kid and we are not.

My comments are more about OUR staff. Not the kid. But I do find it funny that you are putting this on the "old staff" when they have been gone for months. Manny has had every opportunity to send this kid an offer.

I am not looking at everything from a negative point of view. But I am frustrated when a kid IN OUR BACKYARD who has multiple SEC offers is waiting on an offer from UM. That is all.

And, for the record, I have no idea what a couple of pictures from the internet mean about a "committable offer".
It's not strange at all that they offered him, he's been to multiple camps & is an upcoming prospect they saw him & thought he was worthy of an offer.

I'm not going to keep going back & forth with you because I honestly don't get what you're even getting at.

On one hand you're frustrated that LSU offered a local kid before we did but also questioning if it's even a committable offer, despite the fact he's already visited them & met with their staff after he was offered in January.

I don't know what you need to hear or what answer you're looking for, he's coming to Junior Day this Sunday & the staff is evaluating him. If the staff decides they're interested & they offer him they will & it won't be issue with his recruitment, you're putting stock in things that kids don't really care about.

It's not that big of deal man, idk what else you need to know lol.

Did we offer him after Junior Day El? Or are we still in the process of evaluating him and could offer soon?

Advertisement
Back