2021 4-star DT Malone visits for Paradise, has UM high up

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
During the spring evaluation period, 2021 Bergen Catholic (NJ) 4-star DT Tywone Malone popped up on the radar of DL coach Todd Stroud and the Miami Hurricanes. After watching him in spring practice this May, Stroud pulled the trigger on a UM offer for Malone, who is already considered one of the top defensive linemen in the 2021 class.

“Coach Stroud came to the school and told me he was offering me,” Malone said. “It was amazing getting an offer from the U.”

Being from New Jersey, it would usually be a hassle to travel and visit Coral Gables. However, it just so happened that Malone was participating in a baseball tournament in Fort Myers during the week following Paradise Camp, so the UM coaches convinced Malone and his father to extend their trip on the front end and hit two birds with one stone.

“Paradise was amazing, it was mad fun and a lot of energy there,” Malone said. “I didn’t do the camp because I had baseball that week, but I went around the school and saw the campus.”

During the two-day event, Malone was able to get some one-on-one time with an NFL Hall of Famer at his defensive tackle position.

“I got to speak with Warren Sapp,” Malone said. “We mostly talked about workout tips for me to get better at my position.”

After the visit, Malone feels Miami made a move in his recruitment and the Canes are near the top of his list at this point.

“I really haven’t started visiting other schools yet, so I have nothing to compare it to, but Miami is up there,” Malone said. “They just have amazing coaches that will help the players develop, and the program itself is just amazing. The people there are fun to be around.”

The 6-2 280 pound prospect already has offers from all over the country, but his next visits are planned to Michigan and Notre Dame this weekend. As for a decision, Malone feels it is best not to rush things and he prefers to take his time getting familiar with all his options.

“I’ll probably decide the end of my senior year after the football season,” Malone said. “Right now, I’m just working hard to get back to the state championship and win.”

As a sophomore at Bergen Catholic in 2018, Malone put up 45 tackles, 8.5 TFL, and 3.5 sacks, along with one PBU and a forced fumble. At the Opening New Jersey Regional in April, Malone recorded a 5.20 40-yard dash, a 4.75 short shuttle, and a 25.40 inch vertical leap.

“I play hard and fast,” Malone says in describing his game. “I would do anything the coach asks me to do.”

Advertisement
This kid also plays baseball for Bergen Catholic .....

Had them in the state tourney vs their Rival Don Bosco Prep....

If you know anything about BC vs Bosco - its a Miami - Florida St Rivalry in EVERYTHING

Anyway a Kid before Malone gets up and doubles...... Malone then gets up and gets hit!!!!!

He stares at the mound ... and all I'm saying to myself is - who the **** is gonna stop this kid from charging....(He didn't thank God)

I learn the next week he was at Miami on a unoffical... If I'd known that - this kid would've had the smallest strike zone ever...

He will next year...

JC

Advertisement
CB for Ole Miss, that's all about Chris Partridge recruiting him. He the secondary coach there now coming from Michigan. He pulled Gary, Peppers, and a lot more high ranking defensive players for Harbaugh. Still do not understand why no one has pushed for him on our staff in the last year.

Advertisement
CB for Ole Miss, that's all about Chris Partridge recruiting him. He the secondary coach there now coming from Michigan. He pulled Gary, Peppers, and a lot more high ranking defensive players for Harbaugh. Still do not understand why no one has pushed for him on our staff in the last year.
The big deal with him is he wants to play baseball too. He sounds like a decent baseball prospect but I’m not sure where UM would have him on their baseball board.

The big deal with him is he wants to play baseball too. He sounds like a decent baseball prospect but I’m not sure where UM would have him on their baseball board.
We got a great baseball team and recruiting class. I'm sure he could walk on if he's halfway decent.

We got a great baseball team and recruiting class. I'm sure he could walk on if he's halfway decent.
What I was getting at is I'm not sure Miami baseball had any initial interest, whereas all of the other schools in his top group had initial interest from both the schools' football and baseball programs. He's done a few interviews explaining his recruiting process.

Ole Miss just fired their Dline coach and USC maybe full for the 2021 class. Miami has spots for the 2021 class and we should stack chips on LOS when ever possible. We should kick the tires on getting him to unofficially visit January sometime. Or better yet not have him visit, but instead sign during the 2021 summer and count him forward to the 2022 class but he reports for fall 2021.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
He pretty much waited the entire recruiting process for Ohio State to take him, then was trending Ole Miss but their DL coach/Jersey recruiter got fired.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Texas A&M if Jimbo has space or maybe even Rutgers, they've been hard after him the entire time.

Advertisement
Back