2021 4-star DE Adeleye sees UM, plans summer return

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2021 Tompkins (TX) 4-star DE Tunmise Adeleye was a key piece of his high school team’s success in 2018, racking up double-digit wins on the way to a 10-3 season. After falling to West Brook in the third round of the playoffs, Adeleye is spending this off-season training to make another leap as a junior to help lead his team even further.

“During my sophomore season, my team performed well,” Adeleye said. “I believe I played well, but there’s always room for improvement. I had 56 tackles, 8 sacks, and 12 TFL and I will try and double those stats next season. I’m looking forward to hopefully winning state.”

On the heels of that impressive sophomore year, Adeleye has garnered national attention from colleges across the country, including offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, and Michigan among others. Still, Adeleye carved out the time this spring to visit the University of Miami’s campus and he liked the variety of life he saw around town.

“What interested me most about Miami is really the atmosphere of the campus,” Adeleye said. “I’m from a smaller town - we don’t really see the things you’d see in Miami and we’re not exposed to a multitude of different cultures and people.”

Defensive line coach Todd Stroud spent a lot of time with Adeleye on his visit, and made sure the talented lineman left Coral Gables with a Miami offer in hand.

“It felt really good to receive an offer from a school with such deep football history like Miami,” Adeleye said. “My interest in Miami is very high and I will most likely be back this summer.”

In addition to seeing the Canes this summer, Adeleye will make his way to the rest of the Big 3 programs in Florida, as well as the head honchos in the state of Alabama.

“I have some summer visits planned to Alabama, Florida, Auburn, and Florida State,” Adeleye said. “I don’t really have a top group of those. Other teams coming after me hardest are Texas and Texas A&M.”

Although the 6-4 260 pound prospect does not have a decision date in mind yet, Adeleye does know what he wants in his program of choice.

“When I am assessing a school, I look at academics, if the coaching staff can develop me into an elite draft prospect, and campus life,” he said. “Distance from home isn’t really a factor for me.”

Advertisement
Yea if your Coach Too Kool to recruit.

Had a DT that wanted to be a Cane and he didnt even bother to recruit.

Kids want to play College ball in Miami.

I am definitely getting the feeling that we may have a better chance recruiting out-of-state kids to come play in Miami a lot of times since they aren't spoiled by living in Florida already lol.

Advertisement
We are riding high on the chain... defensive players getting camera time attention with it is a game changer

Cmon Diaz get us 10/11 wins this year!

It's a long way until 2021 signing day. It's going to be really tough to pull a kid out of Texas when UT and A&M will be going after him hard. Not excluding Oklahoma and the rest of college football's elite. We need a big season this year and next to have any chance with this kid.

Isn't it pretty hard to snake kids from Texas?
Back in the '90's we pulled in the top DT in Texas and maybe the nation: Damione Lewis. Had a reasonably good career at UM and spent some time in the NFL.

Jimmy Johnson and his progeny (like Butch Davis) always recruited Texas. A part of the country they knew well. We got a super-elite recruit out of Texas: Jesse Armstead. We can do it again.

It's a long way until 2021 signing day. It's going to be really tough to pull a kid out of Texas when UT and A&M will be going after him hard. Not excluding Oklahoma and the rest of college football's elite. We need a big season this year and next to have any chance with this kid.
Tough, yes, but not impossible.

A&M fans were devastated when Eric Winston picked us. I think his older brother played for them.

We got a First-Team USA Today A-A in Caesar O'Neill who came to UM and promptly got a cancer diagnosis from which he never recovered.

Always sad when a young person goes before having the chance to live a full, long life

I'm sure Caesar was wanted by the top Texas schools.

Some kids probably want a different experience than Texas all the time. South Florida might be very attractive to them.

I think it was the Texas HS all star game for 1988--I used to have a tape. On the very first play, Jesse Armstead, the top player in Texas and obviously the top defensive player, tackled who might have been the top RB in Texas, Marty Patton.

Both kids were headed for Miami.

Martin didn't last--he had some personal issues. I believe he had lost both parents early and was raised by relatives or foster parents. Did not have the greatest upbringing I guess.

We've recruited other very good players from Texas--I think we can do it again.

Maybe Louisiana, too.

Advertisement
Tough, yes, but not impossible.

A&M fans were devastated when Eric Winston picked us. I think his older brother played for them.

We got a First-Team USA Today A-A in Caesar O'Neill who came to UM and promptly got a cancer diagnosis from which he never recovered.

Always sad when a young person goes before having the chance to live a full, long life

I'm sure Caesar was wanted by the top Texas schools.

Some kids probably want a different experience than Texas all the time. South Florida might be very attractive to them.

I think it was the Texas HS all star game for 1988--I used to have a tape. On the very first play, Jesse Armstead, the top player in Texas and obviously the top defensive player, tackled who might have been the top RB in Texas, Marty Patton.

Both kids were headed for Miami.

Martin didn't last--he had some personal issues. I believe he had lost both parents early and was raised by relatives or foster parents. Did not have the greatest upbringing I guess.

We've recruited other very good players from Texas--I think we can do it again.

Maybe Louisiana, too.
The key is those Texas players came to Miami back when we were on top of college football which we need to be again.

Advertisement
Back