2020 Spring Practice Summary - 3/2

I don't care about optics. I don't care about the "message it would send". I'd respect Manny so much more if he named King the starter yesterday. Miss me with all this competition crap. It gets so old. The fact is the guys already on the roster haven't got the job done which forced the coaches to go with an outside hire. Don't waste reps on a meaningless competition.

Advertisement
Couple premature notes after 1 day:
  • Give me the accurate QB all day every day over the best deep ball. We need a QB who can sustain some drives and keep the chains moving, sounds like King is the guy.
  • Please god let Avery Huff learn the playbook.
  • Roche has all spring/summer to add 5-10 pounds, shouldn't be an issue.
  • We need to get healthy for summer ball.

Couple premature notes after 1 day:
  • Give me the accurate QB all day every day over the best deep ball. We need a QB who can sustain some drives and keep the chains moving, sounds like King is the guy.
  • Please god let Avery Huff learn the playbook.
  • Roche has all spring/summer to add 5-10 pounds, shouldn't be an issue.
  • We need to get healthy for summer ball.
Plus we already know king has an impressive deep ball, that’s one of his strengths

Advertisement
I don't care about optics. I don't care about the "message it would send". I'd respect Manny so much more if he named King the starter yesterday. Miss me with all this competition crap. It gets so old. The fact is the guys already on the roster haven't got the job done which forced the coaches to go with an outside hire. Don't waste reps on a meaningless competition.

exactly the QB competition all into Spring and Fall camp is garbage.... ride w/ King and let him and everyone else know he’s the #1 QB unless he shows that he’s not.

Theres no way Manny should have done that cause this is gonna be Lashlee’s call imo. This is what he told them:

The first thing I ever told the quarterbacks here...I’m gonna be upfront with you because that’s how I roll. We’re going to try and go out and recruit a transfer quarterback. It doesn’t mean we don’t like you. It doesn’t mean you won’t be competing.”

“I sat down with all of those guys and told them they’ve got a fresh start...so far they have been great...they’re both [N’Kosi Perry and Tate Martell] going to be juniors so if they don’t have some urgency then that’s probably gonna be tough on them...They’re both excited from a system standpoint.”

Advertisement
Then why would you use them as an example as if it's an equal situation? Lol.
Still another college program at the end of the day that has injuries. Just because you recruit well don’t always mean everyone is just a stud behind the starters. That goes for anywhere or they wouldn’t be backups or 3rd team etc

I wonder how much the timing of these offseason surgeries have to do with the huge increases of EEs.

Could some of these kids be waiting until they are enrolled to have things done so they can have the surgery and do all the rehab under our supervision?

Would make sense imo.

Advertisement
I wonder how much the timing of these offseason surgeries have to do with the huge increases of EEs.

Could some of these kids be waiting until they are enrolled to have things done so they can have the surgery and do all the rehab under our supervision?

Would make sense imo.
**** yeah cuz then it's covered by the school.

I think they’ll keep giving Perry some one reps mostly to keep up a ruse of “its a competition” and to make King earn it on a new team. Would be surprised to see that continue into fall though
Great take Stefan...

However I'm of the very few that believe Perry will be SIGNIFICANTLY better this season than he's been the past two years. King will have to clearly beat out Perry, it will not be handed to him based on his 1 year of production at UH. Interested to see how this one plays out...

Advertisement
Still another college program at the end of the day that has injuries. Just because you recruit well don’t always mean everyone is just a stud behind the starters. That goes for anywhere or they wouldn’t be backups or 3rd team etc
So wait...

If you have an upperclassmen at a spot that's injured, then you have several under classmen Red soph/Red Frosh/TF etc behind them & they're all high ranked players, that's the same as having a starter who's injured & all the backups behind him are mid tier players that are also hurt & then having to play a Walk-On?

Advertisement
Back