2020 Season

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Reasons for optimism:

New Offensive scheme. High tempo spread offence coming to Miami. SMU had over 40 points and almost 500 yards per game. Remember the Duke game when we were trying to come from behind and we were running the clock down to almost 0 and we ran out of time. Those days are over. 70-80 plays per game will wear out the other team and bring us much needed excitement. Also it will to bring blue chip recruits to play here!

QB D’Eriq King brings experience, talent and hunger to the QB room. We’ve never had a dual threat QB like this in the history of the program. I still remember Malik Rosier burning Notre Dame and VT and he isn’t anywhere near the running or throwing threat that King is.

Jarrid Williams and Isaiah Walker coming in at LT and Garrin Justice as coach. Last year Zion Nelson was not ready to be on the field. So many drives where guys ran by him and got a sack and killed drives. This has a ripple effect where I think we will have players in the right spots and also have experience. Last year we had 2 freshmen starting!!! That’s a recipe for disaster.

Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory will be mismatches for defences. I can’t wait to see them in Rhett Lashlee’s O. They will line up all over the field and I believe will have great seasons. I expect Brevin to get drafted after this year and then Mallory to stay and get drafted in 22.

Pass Rush will be a problem for other teams. Rousseau, Roche are elite and Phillips was the #1 recruit who may have the most upside of all of them. All 3 will be on the field in passing situations hunting QB’s.

Secondary having played a lot of snaps. They were green last year and usually in this D they take a jump with the experience. Bolden and Hall can be a dominant pair at safety. Carter can be a depth player and also in 3 Safety sets blitzing the QB and playing under coverage. Al Blades can be very good, but needs to clean up his tackling. Ivey was either good or terrible last year. Would like to see Williams and Couch push him for the 2nd spot.

Place Kicking was a disaster last year. Causing us at least 3 games! We stopped attempting kicks at one point because it was so bad. Borregales is an upgrade and will be as big a difference as Hedley was over Feagles.

Reasons for Concern:

Blake Baker was ok last year, but I hope he shows some Improvement in play calling and putting our guys in a better position to succeed.

RB Depth is a little thin with Chaney being injured in spring and Burns injury history. I think that Dallas would have been amazing in this offence and was so underused last year.

Receivers have talent but haven’t shown the production so far. Pope and Wiggins have to take another step. Harley supposedly looked good in spring, but I haven’t seen enough of it in games. Look forward to seeing Payton this year and we will need 1-2 freshmen step up.

Linebackers are Very green this year. I did like the way McCloud played on the inside against Pitt. I think he’s better suited to play inside than Sam. Brooks, Huff and Tirek Austin-Cave bring explosive speed and will be good eventually, but need to add size/strength.

Looking at the schedule we should be win at least 10 games. I actually believe we are more talented than every team on the schedule, but have shown that they can play down to the competition far too often. I’m excited for this season and hope we can take a huge step.

Advertisement
Reason for concern is also Manny. He's still an unproven in-season leader. He's been very solid in the offseason. How will he be with gameday prep? How will he be with gameday management??
Manuela is now a figurehead.

Real HC is Lashlee.

The only thing is will Manuela try to "over rule" in-game decisions by Lashlee?

We know he has done so (and with good reason) with Flake Faker.

Watch Temple get a quick strike TD first play from scrimmage or recover fumble/interception.

This board will go full pollo lococito (as it should).

Manuela is now a figurehead.

Real HC is Lashlee.

The only thing is will Manuela try to "over rule" in-game decisions by Lashlee?

We know he has done so (and with good reason) with Flake Faker.

Watch Temple get a quick strike TD first play from scrimmage or recover fumble/interception.

This board will go full pollo lococito (as it should).
Your nicknames are seriously dumb Emperical Cvnt

Advertisement
No reason to worry about WR and RB. At RB EVERY school plays young guys. Backs cannot stay for 4-5 years in college anymore because they lose value. They play right away now because teams have more than one back run the rock to share the load. Burns played all of last year. Chaney is already good to go and Rooster 🐓 is that dude! WR is same thing, it is the easiest position to transition to college from HS. Payton is gonna show out and Wiggins was really good at times last year in our ****** offense! Noodle has been working hard as well. We gon be straight. Online is the only concern still. LB we straight as well. Brooks has balled out every time he has touched the field. Had 12 tackles in the bowl game and was EVERYWHERE! I expect 100 plus for him during the season if he stays healthy. If he gains 10-15 pounds watch out!

Reasons for optimism:

New Offensive scheme. High tempo spread offence coming to Miami. SMU had over 40 points and almost 500 yards per game. Remember the Duke game when we were trying to come from behind and we were running the clock down to almost 0 and we ran out of time. Those days are over. 70-80 plays per game will wear out the other team and bring us much needed excitement. Also it will to bring blue chip recruits to play here!

QB D’Eriq King brings experience, talent and hunger to the QB room. We’ve never had a dual threat QB like this in the history of the program. I still remember Malik Rosier burning Notre Dame and VT and he isn’t anywhere near the running or throwing threat that King is.

Jarrid Williams and Isaiah Walker coming in at LT and Garrin Justice as coach. Last year Zion Nelson was not ready to be on the field. So many drives where guys ran by him and got a sack and killed drives. This has a ripple effect where I think we will have players in the right spots and also have experience. Last year we had 2 freshmen starting!!! That’s a recipe for disaster.

Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory will be mismatches for defences. I can’t wait to see them in Rhett Lashlee’s O. They will line up all over the field and I believe will have great seasons. I expect Brevin to get drafted after this year and then Mallory to stay and get drafted in 22.

Pass Rush will be a problem for other teams. Rousseau, Roche are elite and Phillips was the #1 recruit who may have the most upside of all of them. All 3 will be on the field in passing situations hunting QB’s.

Secondary having played a lot of snaps. They were green last year and usually in this D they take a jump with the experience. Bolden and Hall can be a dominant pair at safety. Carter can be a depth player and also in 3 Safety sets blitzing the QB and playing under coverage. Al Blades can be very good, but needs to clean up his tackling. Ivey was either good or terrible last year. Would like to see Williams and Couch push him for the 2nd spot.

Place Kicking was a disaster last year. Causing us at least 3 games! We stopped attempting kicks at one point because it was so bad. Borregales is an upgrade and will be as big a difference as Hedley was over Feagles.

Reasons for Concern:

Blake Baker was ok last year, but I hope he shows some Improvement in play calling and putting our guys in a better position to succeed.

RB Depth is a little thin with Chaney being injured in spring and Burns injury history. I think that Dallas would have been amazing in this offence and was so underused last year.

Receivers have talent but haven’t shown the production so far. Pope and Wiggins have to take another step. Harley supposedly looked good in spring, but I haven’t seen enough of it in games. Look forward to seeing Payton this year and we will need 1-2 freshmen step up.

Linebackers are Very green this year. I did like the way McCloud played on the inside against Pitt. I think he’s better suited to play inside than Sam. Brooks, Huff and Tirek Austin-Cave bring explosive speed and will be good eventually, but need to add size/strength.

Looking at the schedule we should be win at least 10 games. I actually believe we are more talented than every team on the schedule, but have shown that they can play down to the competition far too often. I’m excited for this season and hope we can take a huge step.
Until their performance suggests otherwise, offensive line remains the most glaring issue. Rivers and Walker are very nice pickups, but they are true freshmen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back