2020 Schedule

Winning all of our home series and taking 2 of 3 from GT to end the year will almost guarantee us a National seed. Barring a bad series loss to Rutgers or someone like that I am confident we live up to the hype this year. Baseball season is almost here fellas!

Advertisement
Yep. Getting Hulu/Youtube TV for 3 months then cancelling might be the only option for some people
The worst part of the ACC Network fiasco is about ACC Network Extra. In the past, as an Xfinity subscriber I could log into WatchESPN and watch basically every game because of ACCNX. Now, instead of getting new content (which was the goal of introducing ACCN), I'm getting the content I used to get TAKEN AWAY. Make no mistake, this was a massive step backward in an era when streaming options should be making things easier for the consumer. There was nothing wrong with the way things used to be, but a bunch of egos in suits on their high horse would rather fight for pointless reasons, hurting us in the process.

Winning all of our home series and taking 2 of 3 from GT to end the year will almost guarantee us a National seed.

Eh, it's going to take a lot more than that. National seeds do more than hold serve. National seeds either win a major conference outright or they have 40+ wins, or both.

Eh, it's going to take a lot more than that. National seeds do more than hold serve. National seeds either win a major conference outright or they have 40+ wins, or both.

If we win all of our home series, which I’m including at least a couple of sweeps, we will win 40 games and the coastal division, maybe the entire league.

If we win all of our home series, which I’m including at least a couple of sweeps, we will win 40 games and the coastal division, maybe the entire league.

Winning all of our home series, including a couple of sweeps, puts us at 20-7, with only about 10 of those wins coming in the ACC.

To put this in perspective, last year there were 22 teams in the SEC, ACC, P12 and B12 that had single digit losses at home. Not all of them got national seeds. Everyone wins at home. If you want to be a national seed, you win on the road too.

Advertisement
Example: last year Missouri lost just six home games and only lost one home series. They even had a couple of sweeps. The result? They didn't even make the NCAA tournament. I don't think winning that one extra series would have made them a national seed.

Winning all of our home series, including a couple of sweeps, puts us at 20-7, with only about 10 of those wins coming in the ACC.

To put this in perspective, last year there were 22 teams in the SEC, ACC, P12 and B12 that had single digit losses at home. Not all of them got national seeds. Everyone wins at home. If you want to be a national seed, you win on the road too.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that road series wins against VT and ND (picked to finish 6th and 7th in their divisions respectively) were also baked into NC_Canes_11's original prediction. If we end up winning 12 of our 14 weekend series in that scenario, including two against preseason top 10 Florida and Louisville, we would almost certainly be a national seed baring a '17 and '18 style midweek collapse.

FWIW, I think it's far more likely that we take a road series against FSU or Duke than the home series against Louisville.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that road series wins against VT and ND (picked to finish 6th and 7th in their divisions respectively) were also baked into NC_Canes_11's original prediction. If we end up winning 12 of our 14 weekend series in that scenario, including two against preseason top 10 Florida and Louisville, we would almost certainly be a national seed baring a '17 and '18 style midweek collapse.

FWIW, I think it's far more likely that we take a road series against FSU or Duke than the home series against Louisville.

Agreed. That sounds a lot different than "if we win our home series we are a national seed lock".

This is it. I didn’t mention the less exciting series, bc I was counting those as wins.

Advertisement
Agreed. That sounds a lot different than "if we win our home series we are a national seed lock".

Its my fault for not explaining myself. I was just talking about the big home matchups we have. I know if we don’t win road games, we won’t host. I was the first one on here who said no shot we host last year. I’m pretty well versed in tournament seedings

My projections have Miami going 41-14 in the regular season (always lose a game or two to weather).

My projections see this team as a national seed and a good bet to get to Omaha.

The biggest issue this team looks to have is pitching depth. Relying on two true freshmen is not ideal. They have everything else; power, speed, LH hitters, depth in position players, top-end starters with velocity and strikes.

An injury to one of the weekend guys quickly puts a freshman in your weekend rotation, and then another depth arm in as mid-week starter. If McFarland or Garland proves to be a reliable starter though, this team could push for #1 overall.

Projections are very high.

My projections have Miami going 41-14 in the regular season (always lose a game or two to weather).

My projections see this team as a national seed and a good bet to get to Omaha.

The biggest issue this team looks to have is pitching depth. Relying on two true freshmen is not ideal. They have everything else; power, speed, LH hitters, depth in position players, top-end starters with velocity and strikes.

An injury to one of the weekend guys quickly puts a freshman in your weekend rotation, and then another depth arm in as mid-week starter. If McFarland or Garland proves to be a reliable starter though, this team could push for #1 overall.

Projections are very high.
Does the Zamora news change your projection in any way?

Does the Zamora news change your projection in any way?

Not really. Projections are regressed in a lot of ways, so the variance of playing time and performance is built-in. I regress the batting average of balls in play and extremely high Iso's of hitters already. I do the same for pitchers.

Individual projections over such a small sample size are hard in college, but the aggregate generally tends to turn out pretty good.

Advertisement
Looks like they moved tomorrow’s game back to 1pm at some point. It had been set for noon a few weeks ago.

FIU now has the road game on April 1st listed as airing on ESPN+

BTW @scane - since we've tacked your schedule thread, its on you to keep it updated with results in real time. Time to get on that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back