2020 Schedule Discussion

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Assuming we have a season (sorry, doom/gloom crew), what do you all think our schedule will look like?

The ACC will probably have to completely reconstruct the conference slate, but I’m not sure how this will be done.

Will we see Notre Dame or Clemson?

Who will we open the season against?

What’s everybody thinking?

Advertisement
Bueller.gif

Reason nobody has answered is because nobody can give any kind of opinion even remotely rooted in any kind of fact. It's all literal complete guesswork at this point. Personally I want to know if we're going to run a single play against ANYONE first before I start thinking about how a schedule might work out. I'm still nowhere near convinced we play a single snap this season. So I don't care if it's just the 8 games we have scheduled now, if we add Atlantic teams, Notre Dame...I couldn't care less. I just want to see the kids play someone in different colored jerseys. I don't care who it is.

We'll probably start with a conference opponent. Seeing that the north east is probably on the decline maybe Temple has enough backbone to stay as our 1st opponent...
How about BC filling in for Temple if out of conference don't pan out.

Advertisement
I wish we can just put some Florida schools to replace the open spots , I definitely would love to play fiu and Florida again !! Ucf would be a great one , fau for an easy week 1 game but I doubt any of these things will happen

We'll probably start with a conference opponent. Seeing that the north east is probably on the decline maybe Temple has enough backbone to stay as our 1st opponent...
How about BC filling in for Temple if out of conference don't pan out.
So you are saying we will start with a conference opponent and you think Temple will be our first opponent?

If they move to a 10 game conference only schedule they’ll probably just move the cross divisional tie ups forward two years including Notre Dame-ACC games

Advertisement
Reason nobody has answered is because nobody can give any kind of opinion even remotely rooted in any kind of fact. It's all literal complete guesswork at this point. Personally I want to know if we're going to run a single play against ANYONE first before I start thinking about how a schedule might work out. I'm still nowhere near convinced we play a single snap this season. So I don't care if it's just the 8 games we have scheduled now, if we add Atlantic teams, Notre Dame...I couldn't care less. I just want to see the kids play someone in different colored jerseys. I don't care who it is.
I guarantee you we play this season, GUARANTEE IT.

I guarantee you we play this season, GUARANTEE IT.

LOL you're more optimistic than I am, sir. However, I will say that if I had to put money on it, I would wager that we do snap a football in an official game against another school at some point before the end of this calendar year. When/where/who, I couldn't even venture to guess. But I'm with you, I do think we play. I'd probably give a finger at this point to guarantee we play a normal season, that's how bad I want you to be correct.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Two reasons:

1) Too much money at stake, the financial ramifications of no Football affects every aspects of Universities, not just Football.

2) I'm not a soft shouldered weak kneed *****.

While I'm with you my rational cane brother. What are the odds the acc has a scheduling model with the next announcement they make?

Would love ND to replace Michigan State, and assume if this happened the game would be in South Bend. Wagner would be cancelled, and a replacement needed for Temple and UAB to open the season at Hard Rock. Hmmmm. Syracuse or BC?

The negative side of my brain keeps telling me no football this fall. But when I think of what we have endured thus far like being in virtual prison since March and getting cabin fever I begin to think otherwise. There's only so many Hallmark movies one can endure before their head explodes. We need a change of pace and a pick me up......we NEED football.

Advertisement
Back