2020 S Francois gives the rundown on Canes and more

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
With early scholarships from Power 5 programs such as Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Syracuse, 2020 South Dade (FL) S Jaiden Francois is starting to make a name for himself on the recruiting scene. However, an offer from his hometown Miami Hurricanes last month was something that meant much more.

“My head coach pulled me to the side after spring practice then told me,” Francois said on his Miami offer. “I was extremely excited knowing that’s my dream school.”

The South Dade team sports plenty of talent on the field for the 2018 season and the local Canes are taking notice: Francois was actually offered on the same day as close friend and defensive backfield teammate Keshawn Washington.

“Yeah, we are close friends,” Francois said on Washington. “We just congratulated each other.”

In fact, when asked the toughest cover he’s ever gone up against in any football setting, Francois looked no further than his own South Dade team.

“Frank Ladson,” Francois simply said.

For UM, Ephraim Banda has taken the reigns to lead Francois’ recruitment and the two have begun to build a relationship that the Canes’ staff hopes will culminate in a commitment from the 5’11” 185 pounder.

“I talk with coach Banda. It’s a growing relationship,” Francois said. “He tells me that I’m going to love Miami and that it’s a great brotherhood to be a part of.”

So, what is it about the Canes that is holding Francois’ interest?

“It’s my hometown school,” Francois said. “I just want to make my city great again.”

After his standout spring for South Dade, Francois has begun to gain more and more interest from national powerhouse programs. He’s been invited to summer camps at big-time ACC and SEC schools and plans to spend the beginning part of his summer hitting the roads and getting evaluated in-person.

“Well, in the last days, I’ve been on the road at college camps,” Francois said. “Clemson and South Carolina are schools that been talking to me and UM is always talking me. I should be at UGA, UF, and Bama in the next couple days, I know these schools want to see me in action after my great spring.”

As a rising junior that’s almost 2 years from his signing day, it’s a little early for Francois to begin narrowing things down and he’d like to keep his options open for now instead of rushing an early decision.

“Right now, I’m just enjoying the whole process,” Francois said. “I have to talk about it with my family.”

When it comes time to announce a commitment, Francois knows exactly what he’s looking for in his school of choice. The academic excellence and a comfortable environment, as well as positional fit and development will big factors in his ultimate college decision.

“Graduation rate for football players. Family atmosphere to where my loved ones feel comfortable,” Francois said on what he’s looking for in a program. “Do I fit their system and how I will be utilized? And most important, the development of the athlete at my position.”

Advertisement
So sick of hearing dream school. If it’s truly your dream school you should commit immediately & become an ambassador. If not it’s bull****.
Code speak for , "It's gonna take a really big bag to get me to go anywhere but my dream school.... but I'm listening."

Advertisement
Kid has 2 years remaining. Let's get concerned if he has not committed to The U before his senior year. By then he should have visited those confederate schools.

Advertisement
I like this kid along with Keyshawn Washington and Jonathan Dennis form South Dade next cycle. Gotta see how the board play out but all 3 of these kids will play some big time minutes for Dade this year.

Keyshawn Washington plays all 7 positions in the backend and he's listed at 6'3 as a rising junior right now.

So sick of hearing dream school. If it’s truly your dream school you should commit immediately & become an ambassador. If not it’s bull****.

I'm not exactly saying I disagree, but there's a huge difference between loving a team you grew up watching and making a huge life/professional decision. Kid has literally zero idea what college life, especially as a football player, is going to be like, and just because he likes the program doesn't mean it's going to be a good fit.

A Ferrari is my dream car, but it doesn't make a ton of sense for me to have one.

I'm not exactly saying I disagree, but there's a huge difference between loving a team you grew up watching and making a huge life/professional decision. Kid has literally zero idea what college life, especially as a football player, is going to be like, and just because he likes the program doesn't mean it's going to be a good fit.

A Ferrari is my dream car, but it doesn't make a ton of sense for me to have one.

It was just a general statement not just this kid . It’s played out. That’s all I’m saying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back